Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

I'm on a shutdown at work for 2 weeks, do i collect umployment or workmens comp. I work but not released by Dr
Find answers to your legal question.

I'm on a shutdown at work for 2 weeks, do i collect umployment or workmens comp. I work but not released by Dr

We're on a 2 weeks shutdown. I'm back to work but not released from my Dr. because I'm perminently partially diabled. Can you collect unemployment or will that screw up your workmens comp in michigan?

Princess Leia
I believe it is workers' compensation. I do not believe that you can collect unemployment unless you are ready, willing, and able to work and since you have not been released to work by your doctor, you're not considered "able to work."

Information re: unemployment compensation in Michigan can be found here:
http://www.michigan.gov/uia/0,1607,7-118-26831---,00.html
and
http://www.michigan.gov/uia

rwa000
Rating
filr for unemeployemt and see, you can not collect WC and UC at the same time

dude 42
possible short term disability. They only pay about 50-70 percent of normal earnings

STEVEN F
You can't collect unemployment for a SCHEDULED shutdown of the plant. workers comp is related ONLY to your disability, the shutdown should not affect it in any way. Most plants that shut down for 2 weeks have a UNION contract that treats the shutdown as vacation time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I got fired from my job and my employer is fighting my unemployment. Should I get a lawyer?
I recieved my final letter stating that I am uneligible from the state of IL. If I appeal do you think I should hire a lawyer and do you think I would win. I didn't walk off the job I was told ...

Could being a paralegal make a good living?
I have horrible math skills. Cannot get through pre algebra. Excellent biology, english, history, etc skills. Someone told me about getting a certificate in paralegal studies. Would that make enough ...

Where can i go to get help finding a job for people with felony's?
i live in detroit michigan and i made a mistake and and now i have a felony and it is very hard to find a job in the short amount of time the court is giving ...

Would an"Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer" hire someone if they keep the sabbath meaning? or not?
What does Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer mean exactly?...

How legal is my job application?
I have recently applied for a job with a British bank. I was offered the job on the day of application, but think I will be turning it down as I find it very invasive. Firstly, they want 3 years ...

Need a Legal Advice!!!?
Can an employer write you up while your on your personal time? Here is the Jist. I Work at a Milwaukee Hotel and Have been written up for requesting that the shuttle pick me up and return me to the ...

Is there any data entry job that you do reallie get pay from work from home doing data entry ?
i heard that there are many job that are scam only!!! so i was wondering that you any of you guy know a data entry job that is not scam and which is a data entry home job ?...

If I assist a sister-assistant, will the sister's sister-assistant assist me?

How I can find a real estate lawyer in the area of Florida without a lot of money?

My employer found it necessary to share discipline problems he has with me with a former employee...legal?
I have been extremely ill for the past four days, in and our of doctors offices and the ER. While I was gone, they brought in a previous employee to do some odds and ends. While she was here, they ...

Anybody been wrongfully terminated from a job and sued in court and won?
Before I pay an attorney I want to know the odds of winning a wrongful termination case?...

How are employers researching a candidate's employment history? HEEEELP?
How can they access this info, i mean from WHERE do they access it...who stores it? Can I access my employment history, just like an employer would? PLEASE HELP...

Is it right to be suspended without being told why?
A week ago I was accused of stealing a co-workers phone. However, through all investigation, management decided there was not enough evidence to prove me guilty of anything. The owner of the phone, ...

Drug screening laws?
I posted about this, but its getting worse. My results will be faxed with my name, SS# and with results...I am using a prescribed drug I don't want anyone to know about..The person testing me ...

Unlawful Deductions From Wages?
I Was Off Sick From Work And The Company Paid Me SSP, When They Shouldn't Have.
The Following Month, They Used What Wages I Had Accumulated From The Months Work Plus What Holiday I Had A...

Where can i get legal info on how much notice i should give for resignation? i know its usually two weeks.?
my employer wants me to sign to give 1 months notice for resignation. I'm pretty sure that in australia it's two weeks. Where can I find legal info that says so?...

Will a credit score of 566 disqualify me for a position with the Border Patrol?

Criminal Profiling?
If you want to have a career of criminal profiling what type of degree do you need in criminal ...

Where is the best place to purchase orange parking cones?
I'm talking about the tall, rubbery ones that get tire marks on them, not the short little plastic ones they use at soccer practices. Like if my friend were going to set up boundaries for a ...

What happens when you break a paralegal commitment?
I just graduated from college and am thinking of working as a paralegal. However, these jobs usually require 2 year commitments, but I am planning to go to law school next fall. What happens when ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links