Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

I am a convicted felon, can I become a parole officer?
Find answers to your legal question.

I am a convicted felon, can I become a parole officer?

I was charged with a felony shoplifting and a felony possession of xanax about a year ago. I am now trying to decide where I should go to school and I have always wanted to be a parole officer. I am wondering if I could still be a parole officer with 2 felonies on my record.
Additional Details
I live in Georgia.

V.T.V.RAM
Rating
Since you were charged with felony, the law does not permit you to be a parole officer !

daisybloom47
i don't officially know the answer to your question...but, i wanted to say good for you for turning your life around and striving for goals...i think everyone deserves a second chance and we all make mistakes...it seems like if you keep on the straight and narrow this would be an obtainable goal because there are tons of people in similar fields that really was introduced through some sort of rehab and that is how they got an interest for a particular field...i hope you continue with your dream and keep moving forward...

mr_fartson
Rating
get a pardon, or whatever is available in your jurisdiction.

I am not soft on crime, but I thought shoplifting and possession were misdemeanors......

Chyna9
I doubt it. Georgia department of corrections are very strict with their employment process. You might want to call an verify.

michelle_tmy
Border Patrol and Parole Officer, these two are out of bound.

PontificalPape
I seriously doubt it. Maybe if you get those felonies expunged, then you can do it.

googie
Check with the agency you would like to associate with. They have the answer. Good Luck!!

Crazy Horse
Parole Officers are armed law enforcement officers and a felony conviction prevents you from ever owning/using a firearm, therefore you could never serve as a PO. However, if your truly serious about assisting ex-convicts in their successful re-integration back into society, you could work as a caseworker at a halfway house and really make a difference in their lives and the community. These jobs require a Bachelor's degree in the social sciences. Good Luck!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal in New Jersey that if you work over 40 hours per week, a company does not have to pay time & 1/2?
The company that I just started to work for says that if I work over 40 hours per week that I just get straight time and NO time and 1/2, does anyone know if that is legal?...

I have an interview 2morrow and wondering what would be appropriate?
I have applied for a Security Account Manager position. I am use to lame jobs but just got my associates and this job requires 3 years experience which i have 4 years (in security) and a associates ...

Is it legal for an employer to take you off the schedule?
for a week and then bring you in write you up for things that are not valid or true and then suspend you under false pretenses?...

Is it legal for an employer to ask for info concerning attendance dates in high school or grade school?
I have to know because I'm filling out an application and it's the 1st app I've ever filled out that asked me for that info. I graduated over 6 years ago but I hardly ever need to ...

Is it possible for an employer to accept an employee for a job if his last employer refuses to give reference?
I am working with a private comapany in London. I am on work permit. I want to move to local council jobs....

Can i take Un-paid Leave?
I enjoy working, but have run out of holidays and will still be requiring time off in the near future.

What does the law say? Can you show me the law online somewhere?...

How dose the verbal,written,final warning system work?

Can a past employer say negative things about you from getting a job can they stop you from getting a job?

Legal to give a bad reference over the phone?
My current employer is mean and vindictive, so when someone leaves for a new job she always says nasty things about them when she is called for a reference. I hear her and think--oh that is so wrong ...

A secretary makes more than me. I am an accountant. How do I handle this?
I work as a payroll accountant. She(secretary) joined about 6 months before me. She was working in Accounts payable, but she couldnt do her job and was demoted to a secretary. She graduated with an ...

If you leave your workplace to do a work related errand is your boss still responsible for your safety?

Unpaid Mandatory work meeting without pay?
Iím trying to prove to someone that it is illegal for an employer to have a unpaid mandatory meeting. I canít find a legal source. Her boss made her go to a meeting at her house on a Sunday. She ...

My boss said if I screw up he'll kill me, and then later in the day for no reason he punched me in the face.?
What should I do, I want to quit now but I'm scared of him. I'm just a 19 year old university student and he is a very scary guy who works in the nightclub industry. I want out very badly....

Can i be terminated from my job while out on medical leave?
i was terminated from my joe after going out on medical leave for 3 months i had a return date but was termed 3 week before returning to work company policy is that you can be out for 6 ...

Can an employer legally terminate you based on an inaccurate date in your past employment history?
I was terminated by Citigroup because the date on one of the jobs that I had listed on my application didn't match what they verified through that employer. The start date that I had listed was ...

I may have a job at shells gas station but there doing a background check & i have a warrant?
because i was driving without my liecense and they gave me a court date & I didnt show, which means a warrant will be issued out.will the warrant show up on my background check? and hold me from ...

Collecting unemployment?
My husband got fired from his job and he says he is going to go collect unemployment. At what percentage does it pay? What are reasons you would be denied?...

My former employer is bad mouthing me?
my former employer is accusing me of taking 200 dollars i did not do it.but they put it in my file that i did and they said i signed a paper saying i did, but i never signed on type of paper how can ...

Is it illegal for employers to require a photo with your resume?
I've been told its a form of discrimination, because they can use a photo to discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, etc. Does anyone know of laws to this effect? A link would be ...

Will a backround check look at previous employment or just criminal charges?
If they look at previous employment will they look at if I am eligible for re-hire? and will they look at why I am not eligible for re-hire?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links