Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

I have a felony and need a job. Any suggestions? Work from home, maybe?
Find answers to your legal question.

I have a felony and need a job. Any suggestions? Work from home, maybe?

I'm currently on deffered. I was with a "friend" and we got pulled over....long story short we both got arrested and I was charged with a state jail felony since he wouldn't admitted guilt. We are no longer friends. I have a college degree. And now I can't get a job. I need help!!!

shinelove8702
-Don't Give Up!-

I can personally tell you- not every employer cares, and I'm not just talking about the crappy jobs, either. I am a hotel manager, and I look at each and every applicant, regardless of background- you are not your record! Everyone deserves the chance to prove themselves; resumes and criminal records are far less accurate than the first week on the job.

Always do more than merely check the box next to yes on the felony question. Answer as completely and honestly as possible. If the interviewer is understanding, then it truly is a good place to work.

The best of luck with your job hunting.

Chevert
I cannot give legal advice, but I suggest that you contact the probation officer that you had or have. If you have satisfied your requirements and your case is eligible for pardon and/or expungement under your state's legal statutes, I would ask the Clerk of Court how you can file for an expungement. This would take these things off your record. You may have to serve a period of community service, or some other requirement after you have done what the courts have asked. You may have to get notarized letters from responsible people in the community to attest to the fact that you are a good citizen. If you are able to have this conviction expunged, it would be worth it to do so...even if it is costly or time consuming. Humbling yourself for a short while will be worth hardships for the rest of your life.

red riter
Most small companies won't ask about a record.
There are lots of jobs in the medical and healthcare fields.

Ankita
There is a site where u can find genuine Data Entry jobs/Work at Home jobs without any up front costs or any registration fee. Work at home data entry Resources. Guides on Identifying Work at home Job Scams and a lot more.

Visit here:
http://outsource-data-entry.blogspot.com

:)

Julie
Rating
You can try applying to the Board of Pardon and Parole in your area. But there are requirements to qualify.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Legal ramifications of reading someone else's email?
A co-worker read my personal email and reported something I said to a friend about my boss to him. I didn't log off every time left my desk and he went into my email without my knowledge. To me ...

Is it legal for a judge to dismiss a case in the middle of a custody evaluation?
There has been a court order for a custody evaluation. I paid the doctor doing the evaluation and did everything that was necessary to finish the evaluation on my end. Once my ex had his turn for ...

I want to find a legal online at home rebate processing job ,How do I go about it ?
I don't want to get burnt on bad or illegal businesses....

Are online degrees "respected" by potential employers?
I am wanting to persue a career as a paralegal. I feel right now is the best time for me. I have been wanting to do this for about 4yrs now. The online option is all I have right now, without a ...

Will the employment background check determine every single job that I had?
I have just been terminated from my previous job because of politics in the workplace. I do not intend to put this job in my resume because I do not want my prospective employer to contact my ...

I have a job interview tomorrow, but I am not enthusiastic about it- what should I do?
I am an unemployed paralegal. I have an interview with a large firm tomorrow. But I am not passionate about this interview nor the prospect of getting this job. I am trying to ask myself the ...

What tv series or good movies can you recommend which will help me as a law student and aspiring lawyer?

Can a dealership perform a job in your car without the owner consent?
because my exwife took my car to the dealership, and they want to charge me 295.oo just because the did in expection. and also make another key....

Where can a 15yr. old get a job??
around mesa is where iam looking if anyone ...

Is it legal to outsource your job to someone willing to work for less and keep the difference?
My mind is constantly preoccupied with my job and outsourcing (I'm a programmer :/), and it just came to me the other day that, theoretically, someone could ship their job offshore and keep the ...

Employer deducting holiday leave due to snow?
I have been with my employer for 5 weeks now. I have still not received my employment. Due the weather conditions and nurseries closing today (Tuesday, my employer stated that they will deduct today ...

Are there laws against employers cursing at employees?
Are there any laws against employers cursing at their workers, lying and talking down to them or just plain old being disrespectful, and mean spirited. I use to work at a company where this would ...

How do i get my employment history?

Can a paralegal work for a lawyer before graduating?
I am taking courses for my paralegal degree and I was wondering if it is possible to work for a lawyer before I graduate,.If so then how would I go about ...

If i was let go of a job, is it illegal for my boss to send out a letter saying why i was let go?- privacy?
i was fired from my job as a dance instructor. we didnt see eye to eye on things. she told me i had the worst attitude in the world, i thought she was rude, so on and so on, but i wanted all of my ...

Be a lawyer in the u.s?
im looking to study for the bar in the u.k, but if i wanted to go and work in the u.s would i have to study for the bar over there? or would i have to hope to be "scouted" by a law firm out ...

Is it legal to record my boss?
My boss constantly gives me a hard time and the other day i was sent home because my uniform had a small crayon mark on it and I was told that it was unacceptable to come to work that way. I tried to ...

Would a judgment in 2002 on my record be a possible reason I am having trouble getting a job?
we also filed bankruptcy which should have discharged this but it's still on file. I am being excluded from jobs because of this?...

If work pay you off for being long term sick how much should they pay you?

If i put a job experience that i got fired from on my resume?
i stoped going to one of my jobs which i was a sales person on men's fregrances department if i put that on my resume since im applying for a different store and im applying for women's ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links