Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

I may have a job at shells gas station but there doing a background check & i have a warrant?
Find answers to your legal question.

I may have a job at shells gas station but there doing a background check & i have a warrant?

because i was driving without my liecense and they gave me a court date & I didnt show, which means a warrant will be issued out.will the warrant show up on my background check? and hold me from getting the job?

Andrea
Rating
If they're checking, more than likely, they will find it.

You need to resolve that situation. It will only get worse if you run away from it.

Good luck.

Maverick
Rating
you better look elsewhere for employment !

A W
Rating
There is a strong possibility. How long ago was the warrant issued and have you taken steps to resolve the situation?

Mark J
Rating
It depends on if they run a specific wants and warrants search and not just a criminal search. If they run a warrants check such as here: http://www.efindoutthetruth.com/NationwideCriminal.htm then they will find out.

InspectorBudget
Very likely the warrant will be on your file.

It is very difficult for the gas station to justify hiring you with this, whether it is fair or not, but that's the way the system works.

Best thing for you to do is to go and take action to settle the warrant, then when everything is clean, go searching for a job.

the few the proud the many
Rating
Wait and see if you get the job. If you don't check back and ask why. Say you didn't know your driver's license had been revoked you never recieved a notice in the mail you'll check into that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

When you accept a job, is it possible that you can have a trial of the company as well they do with you?
You know how a company might have a 3 month trial and if you are not up to the job they can get rid of you, well can an employee have the same deal, so if a job's not what you expect or you don&#...

Starting a new job as a supervisor?
Help! I am starting at a new company as a supervisor. The job I currently have is a bus driver. New job supervisor over 400 bus driver @ another company. So every bus company works with the other, ...

Can I quit my job straight away?
I have just started a temporary christmas job today and it lasts until christmas eve but it's so tedious and I really not that desperate for some extra cash so i don't feel its worth the ...

If you're a member of a job agency, but also have a permanent part-time job, would you be breaking the law?
This is assuming the person in both jobs doesn't receive benefits or anything similar.
Additional Details
I'm talking about if one had a part time job not found through the ...

Out of work while pregnant?
at my job, i lift around 20,000 lbs a day. i work for a grocery store wharehouse. anyway, i am pregnant, and can't do the lifting because i am on a weight lifting restriction. i applied for ...

Sick Pay: i was off work due to sickness for four days and only got Statutory Sick Pay?
I was off work due to sickness for four days, when my pay slip came in i learnt i had only been given Statutory Sick Pay which amounted to £15 for the whole four days... i have worked here full time ...

Is it legal for a employer to put a employee on another 90 day probation at anytime?
I just finished my new hire 90 day probation and my employer put me on another 90 day probation so that I can be terminated for any reason. Is this legal?...

How hard is it to become a lawyer?

Job harassment?
My immediate manager has been harassing me for contacting the President of our company with a very valid complaint against my manager. The complaint was that my manager has chastised me for 1) ...

Can I turn down a job while collecting unemployment?
I've been on unemployment since August (in Florida). I've been looking for work and been on a few interviews. I believe I'm going to be made an offer this week, but I don't think ...

How much notice is required for a shift change at work?
I am currently workin 8hour days and am now been told im going to be working 13hour days, 4 days a week....

I need a copy of a criminal background check of myself for employment purposes how can I get it.?
I need a criminal background check on myself so I can see what a prospective employer will see....

A job for a 14 year old?
Okay
so im a 14 year old girl who lives in the state of Virginia
I was thinking of getting a job
Is it legal for a 14 year old to work?
If so what kinds of places can you work at?<...

Can an employer not hire you if you test positive on a drug test, but you have a prescription for that drug?
I have a really good job interview on wednesday and I know they drug test. I have been taking painkillers because of a back problem though. Can they exclude me even though I have a prescription for ...

Can my employer reduce my work hours?
My employer is reducing my full-time 40 hour week to basically an as needed schedule that is part-time. They gave my position to a new employee for no stated reason except "they are making ...

Can an employer pay employee to drive to work?
I was under the impression that there were some legal issues with an employer paying an employee to drive from their home to their place of employment. The state that I am wondering about is Ohio. I ...

What are some places/ businesses that i could get a job if i am only 15 years old?

How can i practice now?
i want to be a lawyer and im only 12 how can i practice now without joining the debate club because of the summer

thank you!!!...

How cold can be at work UK (legally)?
I mean whats the law in UK saying about it.
Is there any temp. below witch employees should get extra break or free hot drinks etc.
Additional Details
I'm working most of the ...

If i become a paralegal and i want to become a laywer can i go straight into law school?
i wanted to test the waters out in the law field so i was planning on becomeing a paralegal.
what i wanted to know is if i like being a paralegal can i go straight into law school??...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links