Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

If I quit my job do they still need to pay my medical bills?
Find answers to your legal question.

If I quit my job do they still need to pay my medical bills?

I live in Colorado Springs and I was recently injured at work, my work agreed to pay the bills due to the
fact that I was able to prove I did get hurt at work; however, workers comp
is not paying for it, but just the actual company. If I quit my job before I
am released by the doctor, will they still have to finish paying my bills
for that injury?

westlakewizard
Rating
if you don't have anything in writing, you don't have anything!

Ipsydoodle
You should consult with an attorney who is experienced in workers comp matters, regardless of who is actually footing the bill. I suspect the liability continues even if you quit, but you had better talk to a lawyer first

mj69catz
Rating
If you got hurt on the job, it is a workers comp case. They admitted it by paying your bills. You should still be able to claim workers comp.

However, another employer may not look favorably on an injured individual. You may be better working at your current job unless you have a reason to leave.

Mel
This injury should have been run through worker's comp - the fact that it wasn't tells me that the company is trying to hide something. Maybe they don't want their WC insurance costs to rise, or they don't want to report this as a work injury to OSHA as they are required to do each year. For whatever reason, this is fishy.

Yes, a WC claim pays your medical bills throughout the life of the claim until it is settled. In this instance, the company should also theoretically pick up all costs to treat the injury, but since it hasn't been handled correctly from the get-go, it's anyone's guess what they will do if you leave.

wanda jackson
If I quit my job due to my injury is workerscomp still responsible for my medical bills

Mls1974
Hi quick question about workmans comp in Washington state. If I were to be fired or quit my job, is workmans comp still responsible for all my medical bills? Or will I be responsible?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My job changed my pay structure by $10,000 is that legal??
I took a job with a company and signed on to make $42,000 base salary a yr. about 2 weeks ago we were told that it was going to hourly ($15.40) plus commison, that means working fulltime i will make $...

How hard is it for a felon to find work?
How hard would it be for someone convicted of a white-collar felony to get a job and support a family?...

What happens if a lawyer is defending someone he feels is guilty, and in court it looks like he's not trying

How much does a solicitor earn?
How much does a solicitor earn and is it enough to keep a family?...

Can my employer withhold some of my pay if I do not redo some of my paperwork (which I don't get paid for)?
I work with clients (children with disabilties). I only get paid for the time I spend with clients, not for traveling or doing any paperwork.

About a week ago my employer asked me to redo 6...

Is it illegal for future employers to call or ask a past employer the reason why they got fired or released???
let say a friend of mine got fired for stealing from his work, so he was let go. well he put the old job in his reference and got a new job saying that he quit that place. and i was wondering if its ...

If your payday falls on July 4th, and your employer stiffs you til Monday, is it legal?

Additional Details
In response to Anna P "I agree, but not when you might bounce your rent rent check"...

Benefits question...?
I work full time at the same place for 2 years...I do not get health benefits..I was wondering what is the "norm" when you are not offered benefits, do you get extra vacation time, PTO (...

I was convicted of a misdemeanor of battery in Florida. Can an employer not hire me because of that?
I live in Illinois and cannot find a job because of a Domestic Violence Charge in Florida over 4 years ago. I know I have to state that on my application, but I've applied for over 50 jobs and ...

What is the legal requirement for breaks in the workday in the UK?
could anyone tell me if the legal requirement for maximum time between breaks at work is 4 or 6 hrs.........???T...

What hours can you do if you are 16 and work in a supermarket?
Can you work over night?...

Legal action on past manager?
I left a medical device company months ago and have learned that over the months, on two occassions that I know of, this manager has said something regarding my sales ability that is very negative, ...

What am I entitled to after being fired?
I have been at my job over 3 months, and am past probationary period. I told my boss I am moving in a few months and a week later he fired me for no reason. I have had no written warnings. He says he ...

I really need some legal advice preferably from a lawyer.?
If anyone is can they please respond. Thank you.
Additional Details
Im scared to post it....

Post office?
I live in tennessee and right now it is 3:11. Why hasn't the usps people come yet? won't they deliver today?...

Can employers restrict job openings to internal applicants only?
If a job opening exists or is created, must employers make the posting and consideration process available to both internal and external applicants?
Additional Details
While all of you ...

Can I get fired after resigning?
I was given a promotion and after 3 months new I wasn't capable of adequately doing the job. I went to my supervisor, crying, and explained. It was agreed that I could go back to my old ...

How hard is it to get a training contract with a solicitor after doing your LPC?
and what can i do to improve my chances....

I am graduated in The Law in Brazil. Can I work as a lawyer or in any kind of legal services in The USA?

Aspiring Law School Student?
I am seriously considering the possibility of attending law school. I will be entering my sophomore year at a good community college this fall. As of right now, I have a 3.6 GPA. I am interested in ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, November 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links