Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

If your check stub has vacation and sick hours available listed are you entitled to them?
Find answers to your legal question.

If your check stub has vacation and sick hours available listed are you entitled to them?

my pay check stub says i have paid vacation hours however my company won't let me use them - they say, it is an error in payroll, is it an error in my favor? I've never received an employee manual stating the vacation policies, does the failure to inform otherwise, make a difference in this matter?

michr
paid time off is a matter of policy.
in every state the employer does have the final decision on when vacation may be taken.
in a couple(only a couple) of states, once vacation time is earned the employer must pay it out even at separation. in NO state does sick or personnel time have to be paid out at separation.
in every state an "error" in benefits or even in pay is correctable once the error is made known or discovered by the employer.
employee manuals are not required to be used or provided but.....
an employer who fails to make policy known will find it difficult to enforce the policies if challenged.

Elliott M
if they show and it is not a mistake you are intitled to them.every employee has the rite to the policies of the employment and if there is a human resource dept that were you go for you answers it is allegedly confidential

mailaccount63
Rating
Not necessarily. Check your contract.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I have a misdemeanor that will be expunge on 4/13/09 should i wait to aplly for work.?
I work in the billing,account receivables ,collections thing like that and i need a job and don;t really wanna change up on my career goals....

Can your injury lawyer guide you through your case process?
Such as going to see a doctor or how to answer cecertain questions by the defendant lawyer....

How is being a PARALEGAL,work & atmosphere wise?
I am thinking of becoming a paralegal & taking it in school next month,when classes start hows the pay, I live in So. fla online it looks like I should make about $30,000 when I finish school &...

Criminal Justice Careers involving computers?
Majoring in criminal justice but enjoy and good with computers. Wondering if there are careers in that field that are computer based?...

Is it legal to be paid by the minute?
Im a carer was being paid by the job now we log in while we are with a client and out when we leave , we get no travel time or petrol money and it looks like we will be on 10p a minute, we just dont ...

Can my partner ask for redundancy?
The company that my partner works for is struggling to find work for all its employies and is laying lads off in 2 week blocks. Some are now o their 3rd lot round of lay off time.. My partner has had ...

Help with contract law! Am I bound to this contract?
An employee at a tanning salon explained a package to me and we reached an express agreement to sign up. Then they brought me to the counter and had me electronically sign a pad, not telling me that ...

A couple questions about becoming a lawyer?
How much does it cost to prep for the bar in CA?

How much does it cost to take the bar in CA?

Can you only take the bar once or can you take it multiple times? If so how many? A...

Lying about why I was terminated?
I worked at this company for 9 months, one day i came in a lil exhausted, I drunk the night before but I was completely fine while working. I fell asleep on lunch I came back an hour late , i was ...

Kant maintains that the only thing is an unqualified good is?

Has anyone ever heard of this labor law?
in Texas or anywhere that basically says depending on your job title and job description determines whether you are salary or hourly? My boss lady just told me that yesterday and guess what...I'...

Can Lawyers Pull up an Expunged Record?
I want to become a paralegal and my record is already EXPUNGED (I had 1 misdemeanor charge) but I want to make sure that my future employer aka A Lawyer cant look @ an expunged record when doing an ...

Hired full time then given part time hours..?
I work in a medical field and was hired last year as a full time employee assuming 35-40 hours a week. A few months back my hours were cut as part time working 7 days out of the 2 week pay period ...

Please be honeat. can a company fire you 18 months later if you lied on your resume?
not anything major like criminal, more like who you worked for, , putting down the right supervisors stuff like that?
Additional Details
i dont if they found out, but if they had would i ...

Career as firefighter with felony in ohio?
Can someone who is currently in prison and getting released april 15, 2009 get hired as a firefighter in the state of ohio? He obtained his GED and completed some college courses. He was charged ...

Where is the law regarding hourly pay?
I have worked on a dozen jobs where it was stated that if you worked 8 minutes over the hour it counted as 15 minutes. Where is that law written?
Additional Details
I should have ...

2nd CHANCE LEGAL SERVICES?
I recently paid a company called 2nd CHANCE LEGAL SERVICES to help us out with our mortgage payments and so far we haven't herd of them and we cant find nothing on them online. All i found was ...

Question about my site legal issue?
I want to create a website where poeple can submit there dreams, soon I want to post dreams online and print them all out a publish a book of dreams, is there any legal issues I need to look out for?...

Is it legal for an employer to hold your paycheck because they have misplaced some files on you?
i just quit a truck driving job and the employer lost my mvr(motor vehicle record),my job application and some other files.They are getting ready to be audited by DOT and they want me to provide this ...

Where we will get job after "diploma in cyber law.?
what is job scop after "post graduate diploma in cyber law" in india....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, April 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links