Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

If your have been continually accused of stealing and you have not been.......should you quit the job?
Find answers to your legal question.

If your have been continually accused of stealing and you have not been.......should you quit the job?

I work at a Country Club in the bar area, other girls have access to the cash register. I am older age 51, most of the other girls who work there are in there 20's. I feel they are setting me up.
When the girl in the next shift finds out how much I made in tips on my shift....they make the cash register short that amount for when I open the next day.

AtomiK Kitten
Then don't tell them that you got any tips. It isn't their business.

mrsdeli
Why should you quit?? I would talk to management about starting with a new register at the beginning of your shift and turning in your register at the end of your shift. That way, management can see that your register is not short. That is typically the way it is done to begin with.

65% water
Rating
The first thing that occurs to me is how do they "find out" the amount you made in tips?

Secondly, of course you should quit. They obviously don't want you there and are willing to go to any lengths to make your life hell. It sounds like it's just a matter of how much do you want to suffer.

lorijotx
How are they getting access to your wages? I would bring the concern to the manager and have someone with you when you open the register for business. They can vouch that the register was short prior to opening.

Does the register have an electronic back up? One that could show if you "opened" more than once. If so, set up a video to record your opening as usual. Provide that to the manager (if they won't assist with opening) and then have them check the electronic logs to see if you touched the register more than once.

Or, start looking for a new job without saying a word to anyone (99% of the job force does it). Get hired, give same day notice so the other gals can't set you up for thief charges and go.

Anthony N
Actually, if there is stealing, they do need to prove it. Ask them to prove it by a video surveillance tape at best or an eyewitness account at worst. You may be right, it may be a set up.

jobbend
Rating
If you are being accused of stealing, then you need to take it to HR (or whoever is responsible for HR compliance) with the facts, and only the facts.

And here is the real question - why is your manager not verifying the cash drawer before and after each shift? I've worked in retail and food service. It's typically the responsibility of the manager to be sure the cash is accounted for.

If you can't change the accountability structure, then you should definitely be looking for another job.

Billy Dee
Hell yeah you should quit the job. Find another one first and explain to them why you are quitting the one you're at. They are definitely setting you up and in the future keep your tips amount to yourself.

doc_holliday1863
Its time to arrange a lie detector test and start fileing some defermation of charactor charges,get yourself a lawyer and kick some butt.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal for a bartender to cut up your licence?
i was at a bar, of which I have a report with the owner and most of the staff. This one bartender who decided a while back to be as mean to me as possible (like swearing refusing service etc).
W...

What should I ask to the Interviewer ?
I live in US in country live style, I am an legal imigrant, I have experiences less than a year, but I have planing to work to other place becouse my former job doesn't fit me, I need to learn ...

Would my current employer have grounds to fire me if he found out that I was interviewing for another job?

Can an employee get laid off while on fmla?

How much do entry level lawyers make right out of law school, how hard is it to get a job, and how many hours?

How do get a paralegal job without experience? All them jobs require experience innit?

What do u think about a 40 yr. old changing profession's?
from stocker (at a store) to a shooter (pro photogapher)...

Witch makes more money,a juge,cop or a lawyer?
im trying to choose my career ...and a career test i will be a cop lawer or juge...witch gets paid more??witch is best??...

I am quitting and still have sick hours left over... are they legally obligated to pay me that money?
I have many sick days left over and am quitting next week(with a four week notice). Are my employers legally obligated to pay me those days I have accumulated?
Additional Details
C...

If you are off work sick over christmas and have a doctor's certificate do you lose the public holidays?
Can you take them at a later date in the year?...

Has anyone ever been sacked and managed to get another job?
if so what grounds did you get sacked on and how long did it take you to find another job?...

Can i be dismissed from work when i am off sick?
i have no contract of employment can i be dismissed when off sick with a doctors ...

Can an employer legally retract an offer after seeing your facebook and myspace page?
They made you an offer that you accepted and then people from HR searched your myspace and facebook page and retracted the offer....

Employment contracts?
When a company takes you on after passing interviews etc, are they obliged to give you a contract before you start the job? And, if you've been there some weeks and they still haven't ...

I want to be a Paramedic, but i kinda have an issue that might affect it.?
You see, when i was 16, i did a very stupid thing on the internet and threatend the president, i was only playing around. 2 weeks later, the social services come knockin on my door asking me ...

I got fired from Job on my day off by email, can my company do that and can I sue?

How long can an employer hold a paycheck?
I put in my two weeks notice and carried out my responsibilities for those two weeks. Now that I am gone, that employer wants me to tie up loose ends that he did not ask for during my last two weeks ...

Can my manager tell an employee that I was the one who reported them for drug use?
This person brags about smoking blunts everyday after work and I reported them. Today I was yelled at by that employee because my manager reported to them that it was me that told them. Is this legal?...

How do I tell my boss?
I have worked for my boss for 3 1/2 years. I have recenlty found out that our family business really needs my help and they have offered me a job with benefits and better pay. I am obviously going ...

I was sacked from a previous empoyer 7 years ago. can i be sacked from my current job if the find out?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links