Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Interested in being a lawyer but afraid of public speaking. advice?
Find answers to your legal question.

Interested in being a lawyer but afraid of public speaking. advice?

girlwhoknowsitstrue
Rating
Don't be a trial lawyer - lots of corporate lawyers never do any public speaking. You could also be a patent attorney, again, you never go to court.

Andy
Have you even graduated law school, pass the Bar exam and found a job in a law firm already? If not, I'm sure you have time to conquer your fear of public speaking. Not all attorneys have to speak out in public as portrayed in movies with a courtroom setting. I would expect you have to be able to speak with a client one on one though.

Most people overcome fear of public speaking as they get through college.

drslowpoke
Rating
Don't let your fear of public speaking worry you. You will find that after a little practice it becomes easy. The public speaking youdo as a lawyer is situational. While you may now feel nervous about giving a speech, you may not be nervous about giving what you know is the right answer in class.

Also, as a lawyer, you will be very prepared for speaking to groups. You'll have all the facts. You'll have the position. You'll have the practice. You'll do great.

In any event, if you don't want to do public speaking, then there are many law positions that don't require it.

I used to be quite afraid of public speaking. I was thrown into it in college when I had to teach some classes on material I knew cold. After the first few minutes, it was a lot easier. After a few weeks, it was second nature.

kyle737
i had the same problem when i was starting an"multimedia instructor" job in a private academy .. it's easy to overcome it with training .. try to train with some of your friends at home you won't feel afraid of them and they will point you along the way of when you were good or not .. and if there is any of them that might make silly notes on you or eve laugh it's not a problem cause they are your friends and you might laugh along at first but soon you'll be able to agnore it in a proffisional way and move on "just like lawyers agnore and goes throug angery defended relatives or common presure"

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Crime Scene Investigator as a career choice.?
I am a nurse and I hate it. I only did it for the money.
Can any CSI's (field or lab) tell me about going to school, job demand and pay?
Additional Details
Really I want to be ...

Has anyone ever heard of the position of Public Health Investigator?

Last payroll check (Texas only)?
in texas how long does an employer have to send you your last payroll check????...

Work/job liability question?
I work an entry-level position within a major movie company, which I will name only as "ABC Video" at this time. Just to make this extra clear, I am not a keyholder, nor do I have any ...

Im currently working in a law firm for three months?
and which im currently under trained and zero knowledge of legal matters ,as some of my colleagues has left the firm, i was not being trained that much by new colleagues due to "certain issues&...

My dream is to become a lawyer, and I'm considering taking classes to become a paralegal. Is it worth it?
How long will it take to become a paralegal? Is this good experience for aspiring lawyer?...

I'm 26 and thinking about pursuing a career in law/politics. Am i too old?
I have always had a fondness for politics and the legal system, but i have been putting that on the back burner to just get by with the job i have. I have recently started looking into this and just ...

Legal Advice?
Today marks 1 month that I have worked at my current or now previous employer. As a side job, I am a mortgage broker on the side. However, today they terminated me, because they claim I was selling ...

Should I be a lawyer, or is it a miserable career?
I am currently in High School. I make all A's (not that that means anything). I want to be a lawyer because I am interested in legal procedures and the law; however, I always hear about how ...

Objective and Skills/Abilities Help on Resume'?
Another one of my jobs I would like to apply is to law firms as a paralegel. I have experience working at a firm, the District Attorney's office, and I hope to oneday go to law school. I am a ...

Is it time to file a wage claim against my former employer?
I was laid off from a job without any notice. I know my rights and if you are "fired" from a job they have to pay you right there or by the next day. It's been 7 days since i was let ...

Does anyone know business law well? I need legal advice quickly.?
My employer recently laid me off while i was on maternity leave. I feel that I was discriminated against because they laid me off with the ecxuse of "lack of work" but when they called to ...

Can anyone advise on what the maximum weight to lift is in a factory in the united kingdom?

Pros and cons to being a corporate lawyer?
...and what is the average salary?...

I'm taking the LSAT on Saturday....ANY ADVICE?
I'm really nervous seeing as I'm taking the LSAT in a couple of days. What's adding to my nervousness is that my finals (for college) is next week. Does anyone have any advice for me ...

PLEASE HELP!!! {10 POINTS}?
Do you have to become a Police Officer before you become a FBI Agent??...

Flying for work on the week-end. Can I get the time back?
My employer wants me to fly on the week-end for work (a long flight that takes more than 10 hours).
Is there any law that protects me and says that my employer has to then give me the time back?...

Can I get temporary unemployment insurance?
I work as a substitute teacher making $50/day. Unlike regular teachers subs don't get paid for the holiday and summer breaks. I need to have some form of income during these school breaks. Can I ...

Employment law solicitor in manchester?
Can anyone recommend a good employment law solicitor based in Manchester?...

PA Employment Law Question?
I work for a manufacturing company with over 500 employees. Are employers in PA required to provide feminine hygiene products for female staff?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, July 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links