Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Is a contract legal if you do not sign it in front of the people and if it is not notarized?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is a contract legal if you do not sign it in front of the people and if it is not notarized?

I'm in a hell of a pickel. Are contracts legal if you do not sign them in front of the person and if you don't have them notarized. Like I just signed it and sent it out to the person without notarizing it. PLEASE HELP.

V.T.V.RAM
A contract is signed by the parties to the contract and witnesses have to sign the contract .

Since you have signed and sent , the other party may obtain signatures of witnesses as if they witnessed when both of you signed the contract !!

Have you sent it by post with any covering letter stating that you alone have signed it ?. Please send a letter now stating that after your signature you have sent it to him and ask him in the same letter whether he has obtained signature of witnesses !!. If you get a reply , confirming your letter then you can always claim the contract is not legal !!!

Judy
Rating
Yes they are legal if you signed it. They don't have to be witnessed or notarized.

[BUMP] Coming July '09
Rating
I believe it is. Unless your state has some specific law about contracts.

cspb
I concur with Judy. If you sign it, it's legally binding. The notarization is an extra assurance that the person's name on the signature line is the person who put it there. Extra insurance if you will to prevent claims of fraud or forgery.

D-lo
Question: if a person types a contract and one party signs it for there half and signs the name of their witness as well, and it's mailed to the other party, but they don't notarize. Can that be held against you, if they try to do anything about it?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is a law firm's decision to discontinue coffee service for its employees a sign that it is going to close?

I need help from someone who knows HR. I was fired from my job yesterdat and received my final paycheck?
I make hourly plus commission. But I did not receive my commission for the month of November on it. Was my former employer, suppose to include that on it. I live in CA and have been trying to find ...

Need advice if I was wrongfully terminated or not.?
I was terminated from my job at a bank.

I was told by my fellow employee that I was suspended for forging a clients signature. I then got terminated for not using proper balancing ...

Do you have to be an employee to report unsafe working conditions to OSHA?
I am a former employee. I know the working conditions are still unsafe and the employer is not compliant with OSHA....

What can you do if a new employer took back an offer and you already left your former employer?
now you end up with no job at all..help I can't go back because I gave like a months notice and trained the new employee who replacing me
Additional Details
toronto, C...

How to WORD IT on a Job App?
How to explain on a Federal Job Application A misdemeanor for child ...

What should get a job or not?
since i got pregant and moved to New york do you think i should well has a teather that plays musis at a day care a bartender or should i just like my fiance work all morning at the ...

I'm a people greeter for Wal-Mart, i need to have my supervisors replace me at the door.?
If that doesn't happen and I get fired do i have a legal recourse? Considering it was out of my control.
Additional Details
If I get a meal exception....

What are some reasons why being a doctor is the most rewarding job?

What are the things a former employer can tell during a reference check?
I was poop canned at my old job, and I thought they could only give dates when employment history was checked, yet they told my prospective employer that I was fired. I am in Massachusetts, as laws ...

Im 18 years old and having the hardest time finding a job in Chicago....are any of your employers hiring?
I've lbeen looking for a job and im really determined but no luck =[....are any of the places you currently work at hiring..if so help please =]...

Employment Question?
what would happen if u worked at a local carwash in 2000 now its 2008 under ALL new people its a corporation. If I filledout an application their and said I wasnt previously employed by them what ...

Employment Law Question?
Here is the situation: we went from getting paid every two weeks to getting paid once a week. The last full check that we got was on sept 14th for the prior 2 weeks. Today (25th) we got a check that ...

Do you think Heroin should be made legal but only be sold under doctors supervision?
what do u think are the strengths and weaknesses? your personal view on it?
Additional Details
try looking at it from different points of view there are many injecting rooms in different ...

JSA allowance question?
Some people do temp work and claim JSA at the same time? They would ring a agency, some days they work monday, tuesday, and next week they may work fridays, and some time they don't work at all ...

I Have a Law/Money Question?
If I were an unmarried, childless adult and I built up thousands of dollars in debt and then killed myself, where does the debt go?

Can Wal-mart fire me they say for refusal of job, but wasn't. I believe I was in my probation period. ?
I had been there a month and a half. I was hired as a different department cashier. They say they can pull me on the front end whenever because I was hired as a cashier. I told them that I would ...

Any other law graduates feel hopeless?
Bit of a rant/ am having a bad day.

I have just finished my GDL, and there is not even a sniff at a TC, I worked for 4 hard years and amassed a load of debt, for what? at the moment, I...

On my W-4, it asks for a drivers license. Will a permit work fine?
They need a copy for my work. If not, I will have to take the drivers test and everything. Ugg!...

Is it legal for employer to pay the expenses to employee by personal check?
My friend's with some company A. The company provides training to their employees and then send them to work with its client companies as a contractor. On training the company A does pay ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, September 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links