Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Is it legal to put flyers on windshields?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it legal to put flyers on windshields?

Emmy
It depends on where you are doing it. If you are doing it on private property or at Wal-Mart or something, that's considered soliciting. In that case, you could not do it. If it's at your school and you've obtained permission from the appropriate source to hand out the flyers then yes, that's fine.

acermill
In most places, yes, but ONLY if you put them onto windshields of cars parked on PUBLIC property (street, etc.)

As soon as you venture onto PRIVATE property (malls, theaters etc.) then you fall under the rules of the owner of the parking lot involved.

Hence, in those cases, it is appropriate to approach the management of those facilities and procure permission to do so. (In most cases, you will be denied).

After reading other responses, I will indicate that I think it's a huge waste of time and effort. A HUGE percentage of motorists consider these flyers an annoyance and probably would not patronize a business doing so. They may think otherwise if the purpose of the flyer is for something charitable, such as a Cub Scout car wash.

john d
Check with you local town code enforcement office.In some places it is ok and in some it is not.Where I live if you do it and they see you you can get fined from 500 to 10,000 dollars and I have seen them do it too.Hope this helps

Elaine
It depends on your location.

towanda
Rating
I've done it. All I know is you can't put them in mailboxes or tack to utility poles here.

Ivan Lim
I Live in Indonesia, and they put flyers on your windshield all the time! Heck, they even stick stickers on your car windows!!

mikesdaman71
depends on where you go dont go down neighborhoods putting flyers on automobiles you can however go to public buisnesses and advertise your flyers on there autos dont go to wal mart they will call you how do i know it happend to me lol target is another place to avoid also a cop came out and asked me to leave

FaiRYwINgs
Rating
as long as no body complains.. i think that's ok

sfk
Rating
yes, but i think it depends on the location of the car. like if it's in your driveway, that would probably not be legal.

Dr. Deth
each town probably has their own laws-call the town office

Selly
Rating
Hate to say this, but these are things in life that we need to get over with. Take the flyer, throw it away, and move on. Why bother ?

StacieG
I think that unless the particular business or parking lot prohibits it with signage that it's probably legal. Check with your city or county, though, if you want to be absolutely certain.

leysarob
You have to check with your city's code on that issue. In my city it's illegal to so on public streets. Therefore most folks put them on windshields in private parking lots like Wal-Mart.

WoW player
Rating
it depends wat state your in

blaxjulian
In some counties, yes.

mazeman25
Rating
In some communities it is considered littering because most people don't even read them and toss them on the ground. You can apply for permits to distribute flyers.

lurlz
Rating
yeah depends what state or area your in its is allegal or sumthing???

Plum
It is annoying that is for sure!!

&hearts Andrea &hearts
Rating
Yes, if you are in a public parking lot. And if there aren't any signs that say NO SOLICITING.

sweetnesslyts
Rating
no its not. i've checked websites. it isnt because its basically touching other people's property and its rude. but most people who do it don't get caught because its not such a big deal.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My Senior Manager at Ernst and Young just scolded me... What should I do???
I am a Staff with Ernst and Young's IT Audit Practice.. I am on a project with a Senior in Minneapolis.. Anyways, when it was time for us to make our flight arrangements, I indicated to my S...

Why can't i get a job?
nobody will hire me. I'm drug and alcohol free and a hard ...

Boss is vebally abusive!?
I been at this job for 6 mons now and i cant begin to tell you the things that i have went through. i mean, seriously my boss is a complete *****. It seems like whenever she has a bad day she takes ...

Can I sue for an employer offering a job and then taking it back?
I recently got a call from an employer after an interview offering me a job with "22 -25 hours a week." I asked her on the phone if I could start today, and she said that she would call me ...

I just got fired.....?
over a policy that the company clearly does not apply across the board. Any suggestions?...

I work at a lawfirm, paralegal without the title. what to do, read below?
I get about 24k a year, i have the chance to go work for an alderman about 4k more and benefits, i like what i do and i will continue working in the legal field. Just looking for some feedback,....

Have a got a claim?
I was sacked unfairly from my last job they sacked me after they found out I was looking for another job im not sure what I can do as I was only there 9months. P.s they pushed me to look for a new ...

Is it legal for employer to take on staff, expecting them to work one week trial - with no pay?
My daughter is only working there up until Xmas, for extra cash etc for Xmas Pressies. She is to be paid monthly, but now told the 1 week trial is without any pay? It is hard work, on your feet and ...

Who is the person.......??
Who is the person who pronounces you dead?
The person who comes to the scene of a crime or something and pronounces you dead??...

I'm about to walk out of my job! please advise...?
I've been working here for 10 weeks and I'm ready to walk. I haven't signed a contract and they haven't given me any idea of how secure my job is. Telling me one minute that i ...

Can My boss sack me for the below reasons?
I have been bit irregular last year. Reason, insomnia and I had to get int work late like in the afternoon.

this year, I am very regular, but, he has asked me to improve my time-keeping.<...

According to labour law is that legal if you don't get pay commission if you resign from the company?

I've worked for the same employer for 4 years, can she deduct holidays?
Having worked at the same place for 4 years i have always had 20 days holidays plus bank holidays. This year i've been told i.ve had too many holidays in the past so now only get 20 days ...

What personality must you have to be a lawyer?
I don't want to be a lawyer, I just want to know what you think about it....

My employer breaks open my personal cabinet at work without my permission while I'm on medical leave. Help!?
I'm working in Shanghai while I am in Singapore now recovering from a surgery and am on medical leave.

My co-worker called to tell me about what my boss did (Above). Anybody around ...

What jobs can i get at 15?
hi, i'm 15 and i want a job, so i can save up money to take my parents to watch a show in the west end, i have been round a number of places and asked for a job, but everywhere says the same, ...

Is it worth it for a 31-year-old woman to go to law school?
I got my bachelor's late in life in humanities and am contemplating law school. I think I can get into at least tier 2 schools.
But let's say I go and graduate. By then, I will be ...

Can I get a job as a police officer?
I'm thinking of a career change at the moment, and I'd really like to be a police officer, I have just two things that might hold me back though:

1) I'm partially deaf in ...

Is this legal? I thought I lived in America?
I've had this lady call me from a wireless company about a job twice already because she liked my app. she wanted to schedule an interview for thursday or friday. I was pretty pumped because ...

On leaving your job would you 'break the law' by not giving notice?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links