Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Is it possible to ask for my job back after being fired from it?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it possible to ask for my job back after being fired from it?

i was wondering if it has been/if possible to ask for my job back after being fired?

Lea L
Rating
Now, why would they want you back after they just fired you? Silly boy!

DW2020
You can always ask. Doesn't mean you'll get it.

JTORRES
Rating
Yes, it's possible. It happened to my friend.

After a change in management, he got it back and everything worked out. The ownership was still the same.

DAS
Rating
I agree it's possible, but why would they hire you back if they fired you? But normally they wouldn't do it.

FFS what's with the names?
It is possible, and I have known of instances where the employee has got their job back, but a lot will depend on why you were fired.

If you were fired for dishonesty or abusing the trust of your employer in some way, it is doubtful you will get the job back. Would you re-hire someone you knew had been robbing you or betraying you?

If it was for a misdemeanour involving something such as failing to observe workplace safety rules, tardiness or poor performance, you may be able to make a case that you have learned your lesson and ask for a second chance.

Whatever the situation, make an appointment with the most senior person possible, and when you see them, get straight to the point in an open and forthright manner.

Acknowledge your previous errors and be prepared to outline how you intend to change to make yourself a better, more productive employee.

And also recognise that you will be under a lot of scrutiny and may get a harder time from supervisors, etc, than other employees will until you have proven yourself.

Be prpared for them to say 'no', but make a good case for yourself and you may at least earn their respect.

Good luck! :-)

bouiver
Rating
if you got fired most likely they will not take you back but you could always ask but they gonna say no good luck

reddhotz2000
Rating
It never hurts to try.....what is the worst they can tell you.....NO? Go for it.

douglasdiershow
Rating
Sure, but are you sure you want the job where someone fired you, and what would change

Heather V
Rating
You can ask, but I doubt a company that fired you once before would hire you again

harry w
Yes, you can, I got fired last month, for breaking a peice of equipment, and was honest and reported that I had done it right away. That along with never being late in four and a half years, never being written up, I made an agreement that if I got into an anger management program, that they will bring me back in a month.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is best to wear on an interview in the summertime?
Is the normal uniform dark skirtsuit and white crisp shirt and pumps more suitable or can I wear a short sleeve dress and pumps?...

I have only worked at my current job for 3 months. Do I owe them any notice when I resign?
I resigned my job of 3 months a few days ago, giving them over a week's notice. I hate the job and have a new one and am ready to start it soon. Since I've only worked at my current job ...

If an employer doesnt give the paycheck because they forgot to get a copy of ID & Social is that illegal?
My employer hasnt asked me for my Identification or my social security card, not even a copy. I have only worked there for 3 days, but payday is tomorrow and I don't know if i'll be ...

I Need advice about a job that I have resigned from?
I have resigned from my job pending a disciplinary hearing for swearing in conversation to a colleague and a customer heard me. When I apply for a new job will my ex employer be allowed to put this ...

PlEASE ANSWER... hOW MUCh dOES A lAWyER MAkE?
ok well wen im older i want to be a lawyer cause that has always been my dream but i want to know how much they pay i love helping people out with their problems thats why i want to become a lawyer......

Can A Company Do this?
My husband works at Comcast. A week before Thanksgiving 2008, he reported to his supervisor the days he wanted to take for vacation in Dec. The supervisor took the days down. My husband gave the ...

Do they have to pay the vacation time that i have accrued?
I was just let for from my job and had 27 hours of vacation time built up. Do they have to pay that? If the state you live in matters, i live in GA.
Additional Details
I shouldnt have ...

ARGHH i finished college as a legal secretary in june! and still have no job because.. (please help)?
all companies want experiance which I can understand, but how am I suppose to get a job? I live in a small town call barry, no jobs going, so I even tried places that are about an hour drive away and ...

Can you quit a job & still get unemployment?
I was a full time bookkeeper for 5 years then my boss hired a receiving person who has been there for 2 years who doesn't like me. My boss lets her do what she wants & now has cut me back ...

Do you have the right to take a 30 minute unpaid break?
In PA:
An employer allows employes to take a 30 min lunch break. But one employee dosnt finish her work on time so her boss tels her she can't take her break today. Is this a violation of ...

Problem at work?
So my friend was working and the boss came up to her and asked "what if someone at work asked you for a bj? she was like what?? he winked then left. he has done this to 3 girls at work now.

Can I be chosen for redundancy while on sick leave my employer has to make one person redundant?
its between me and 4 other people....

How does one deal with being fired on resume?

Am I wrong? or is my boss wrong?
My boss doesn't give anyone breaks. Weather it be 4 hours, or 8, we don't get breaks. If we work overtime, the hours roll into the next day, and he will send us home early the next day. He ...

My 14 yr old worked as a waitress in a pub today & has been offered future work - is this legal?

Should I have been paid any severance?
I was the Gen./Plant Manager until my company annouced that they were closing, 2 days later they let me go claiming my position was no longer needed. Am I owed any severance? I worked there for 12 ...

How many hours can a 17 year old work by law??
is there a max by law?? thankyou ...

My boss is holding me responsible for another employees theft...advice needed?
I worked for a car rental company as a rental agent...A former employee stole a rental car out of the service department in April and was not caught until the first week of August...(the car was sent ...

Is it illegal for a company to treat it workers badly?
My husband works for a company that cleans buildings. Everyday the people of the building that they clean come in and start cursing and yelling at my husband and the other employees for things that ...

Whats a good job for some one that has a Misdemeanor??
Here is the story, we all have friends we care about, and one of our friends messed up! This person stole from a recent employer. It is the first time he has gotten in trouble with the law, he’s a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links