Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Is there a law that requires employers to provide copies of documents the employee signed?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is there a law that requires employers to provide copies of documents the employee signed?

I have recently ended a job I had for about 3 months. Since I was working and studying at a University, my previous employer now claims that I owe her for education and book expenses but I never signed anything regarding fees.

Is there a law that would require her to provide copies of every document I have signed regarding this matter since she now intends to take me to court?

HEATHER
Rating
It depends on what your general contract to be employed there says. If it says that you are bound by the employee handbook, for example, and there are 4 pages in that document about how education expenses are handled, you will need to refer to that. I doubt she would be threatening you if she doesn't think she has cause to back her up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

WORK, resume help... any ideas?
I have been laid-off, and need a little help with the resume... anyone have any ideas? places to have my current resume looked at? I have looked on line and in the yellow pages and don't like ...

If a 16 year old drops out of high school, can he still get working papers?

I'm 15.
I'm considering dropping out of school (with consent) at 16.
I'm an actor, right now when i get my working papers they need to be signed by the school
If I ...

Can an employer hold expenses after I quit?
I quit my job recently, and the company still owes me car expenses (mileage) that I put on my car for the previous month. They said they will pay me once I return all the company owned equipment (...

How salaly and hourly wage works.?
I am working on salary wage. Every time I am not in the office for 2 or three hours I am paid hourly, but every time when I work a day more in a payperiod I am paid salary. Do you think that is right?...

Laws for getting paid at work?
if I get sent home after 1 hour work do I get paid for 4 hours? I am full time hourly. I could have sworn I heard this as a law at one point.
Additional Details
I work Mon - Fri 8 hrs ...

Is this contract considered voidable? VERY IMPORTANT!?
I had a contract to care for one child, for a set pay every week. 9 months later they had another child, gave a horrible raise and I quit. The check I received has now been put on hold(unble to cash ...

California overtime law..do i get paid overtime?
I've been reading up on overtime laws..just in case i'm able to get a bit of extra cash in my pocket (hey never know and can't blame me) and was wondering..

I worked tuesday ...

Can any one help me find the right career that best suit me?
My personality

Thoughtful and understanding;
Concern and cares for others;
Good listener;
Social, and sensitive;
Very diplomatic and Enthusiastic;
Honest and ...

Need advice from civil lawyer please?
A family member was attacked raped and then choked with a cord untill she passed out. Perpetrator is 19 and probably does not have a dime to his name. he is being charged with felony csc and ...

Convicted criminal where do I stand in what type of job to persue?
well i am so upset of the recent chain of events that have been happening to me and i don't know what to do and i don't know my options, i am 18 year old graduated high school last june. <...

What is an employer looking for when they run a background check?
I am a CNA (Certified Nursing Asst). I was at an interview and things were going well. Then as I was leaving the interviewer stated I had one more thing to fill out before I was hired. It was a ...

Legal Question: What does PAE stand for? e.g. "Commercial Property Lawyer 3+ PAE minimum"?
What does PAE stand for? e.g. "Commercial Property Lawyer 3+ PAE minimum"

I google'd for 20 minutes but nothing came up, thanks, ...

Labor Law help regarding travel?
Sorry for posting here, but the choices are not many. My husband works for a company which includes alot of travel. However lately every week they send him out of town and he comes home on the ...

Does workcomp cover personal items such as cell phones eye glasses ect if destroyed in a work related accident?
Does work comp cover personal items such as cell phones eye glasses ect… if destroyed in a work related accident? I deliver car parts for Carquest and was driving a company truck when a 16 year old ...

HELP!!! Being reassigned Day Shift Supervisor....?
A little history, I am in law enforcement - more specific I am a supervisor of a 911 emergency center assigned to night shift (my preference).
Because of some recent problems I had (personal) ...

I want to study to become a lawyer, but i'm really shy...?
When asked a question in class my mind just goes blank...
Should i still study for it?
And how can i stop being shy?

As an alternative, are there any lawyer jobs in which i ...

Is a college degree earned in prison worthless?
There are lots of felons that earn a college bachelors degree in prison, do their degrees actually help then get a job when they get out?...

My daughter been out for a knee injury she got on her job since 6/08?
she going to have her second knee operation in a few weeks. her job told her if shes not back by 11/15 she will lose her job. what can she do to prevent this. just go back to work and do the best she ...

What is the meaning of the word "pursue", when used for legal purposes?

What kind of attorney is needed for possible law suit for failed business venture?
We're in California:

a friend of mine rec'd an email with an invoice for $17,500 from a former boss.

In the email, he states that my friend agreed verbally to 50/50 ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links