Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Leaving my job due to working conditions.......can i refuse to work my notice?
Find answers to your legal question.

Leaving my job due to working conditions.......can i refuse to work my notice?

i have been in a job for a month and hate it. the job is in customer service and is based in a tiny office in a warehouse which means it is freezing cold all day and i have been ill since i started there.

it is the first time this job has been based out of the warehouse as it was previously done out of the showroom in london. i had no training for the role and the person i replaced had done the job based in the showroom for 5 years and was naturally incredibly quick at it. i am unable to work at this pace and have had no support. the only way of communicating with the customer service manager is through MSN! i have been incredibly stressed and have been getting terrible migraines because of the stress of the job.

can they refuse to pay me for the work i have already done if i am leaving due to the working conditions?

What should i say in my resignation letter?

if they refuse to pay me where do i stand legally?

im an in the UK and any answers will be much appreciated.

thanks, Lou xxx

Michael W
Rating
Your employer has to be reasonable and there are laws regarding health and safety at work, including how warm a place should be. Normally the temperature should be at least 16C.

Your employer is legally bound to pay you for the work you have performed.

If you are not paid, in full, including any holiday or sickness pay you are entitled to you can take your employer to the employment tribunal court, but must do so within 3 months of leaving.

*pink*
Rating
you dont have to work it..but they can refuse to pay you your last wage and week in hand if you did one

Sonni C
lou tell them stick it get job seekers fuk it dont get ill over a job you havee a life to live not fuking msn all day good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How to become an assistant for event planners?
I graduated 2008, i tried the college thing and it wasn't for me,Ive alwas had a hard time in school. my question is how can i become an assistant for an event planner so i can learn the ...

I signed a contract with Charter communications when I was 17 (in Texas). They tell me I owe them money, do I?
I was either 16 or 17 years old when I signed this contract, and it is now years later, and when I tried getting Charter service, I was told I owe them nearly 800 dollars. It turns out that my ex (...

My work overpaid me and now they are requesting I pay them back, is it legal for them to do that?
They direct deposited a bit of extra money into my account. It feels like that Monopoly card "Bank Error in Your Favor: Collect $20.00." Do I have to give it back?
Additional D...

Can I be eligible for Unemployment Benefits, if my last employer?
Can I be eligible for Unemployment Benefits, if my last employer?
laid me off, but the previous one discharged me ? It happened in the same year. I have a solid work history, without any gaps. C...

What happens if you break a contract, will they take your wages from your new job?
it is petsmart grooming contract (2 year) for 4000
will they take wages from your new job or let you pay in payments?...

Average settlement, OK. workers comp. claim, with/ without legal rep. knee was scoped.?

Is this a legal prank?
I would like to convince a large group of peoplethat a music video is being made for a major rapper yet the video is never released. We would have castings, promotional products, and all that stuff ...

Redundancy - same company but overseas branch counted as different employment?
I've just been made redundant from the research section of a company in Australia where I've been for 11 months. Before this I worked for the same company for two years in the research ...

Social Security Question?
I was wanting to know if there is anyway a person can keep her SSI and SSDI (the SSDI is from her dad) when someone gets married? I do not have SSI and SSDI but was told I will defiantly get it in AP...

Should i resign if i am being fired?
My company has a zero tolerance policy for the DWI i recently acquired on my record. once my company finds out i will surely be terminated. my question is should i quit or let them fire me? dont ...

Dental nurse employment rights?
i've been employed by my boss for 4.5 years. a new dental nurse just started and is being paid more than me. we do exactly the same job but i have more experience and qualifications is this ...

What can I do if my job of 10 years will not give me a written reference?
I am applying for new jobs and all require two professional references, without them I cannot get a job. Their reason? I am a complainer. I wouldn't work for no pay, work through my lunch unpaid,...

California and perpetually late paychecks & forcing direct deposit?
I live in California, my Boston based company recently required all employees to sign up for direct deposit. (i know direct deposit is great, but i had signed up for that before and 2ce had issues ...

Would my school get sued if they used the Rockstar gaming symbol?
We got a paper that was for a rockstar trivia night and your sopposed to come dressed as rockstars (which in my opinion is stupid) but on the top of the paper it showed the rockstar gaming symbol, ...

Have you ever been fired from your job, if yes for what reason?

Misdemeanor... check yes or no on my job application, please help asap!!!?
ok, I have 3 minor consumption tickets in MN (underage drinking) which are all misdemeanors. My job application says:

During the past 5 yrs have you served a sentence in a jail or prison ...

Should I continue to persue a career in nursing?
I have been in school getting my pre-req.s to become a registered nurse and I am almost done. Although... I recently got charged with assult 4 - domestic violence (unfortunately, got screwed over by ...

What can I do with a degree in Legal Studies?
Is legal research, being a law clerk, anything like that an option without going on to law school? I'd really like to do something involving civil rights but I'm not sure what....

How is it possible for a felon to get a job?
alot of ppl i know need jobs desperately and i just got curious about the topic. so spill ppl!...

It is lawyers like Fritzl's lawyers that give the profession a bad name.?
There is no excuse for what that twisted monster did, and to hear them saying he is not a monster, I just want to puke!!!!! Am I alone in this? Noone had a perfect childhood and I am sick of people ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links