Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

MY FORMER EMPLOYER NEVER SENT ME MY PAYCHECK, IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT?
Find answers to your legal question.

MY FORMER EMPLOYER NEVER SENT ME MY PAYCHECK, IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT?

I HAD WORKED FOR THE COMPANY BUT HAD TO MOVE OUT OF THE STATE IMMEDIATELY ON SUDDEN NOTICE. I HAVE CALLED OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT THEY MAKE UP EXCUSES AND LIES. ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH, WHAT CAN I DO?

michr
you do NOT sue, that is a waste of time and money.
do not contact the better business bureau they have nothing to do with labor issues.

you contact the employer and give them until the end of business the next day to have your check mailed with verification and tracking information or you will file a wage claim.

to file a wage claim you go to the states department of labor website and file the claim(the state you were working in).
this is the link that list every state's department of labor just click on your state and file the claim.
http://www.dol.gov/esa/contacts/state_of.htm
the state will get your pay and if the law allows for a penalty they will get that for you as well.

Linden
The state department of labor will take up your case for free. This happened to me once.

a s h b e e
Rating
call the employers boss.
or send them mail.
with new address and stuff.

keep calling.

if not, call a labour board.

JellyBean
Rating
Get the Law involved!

Elena S
Rating
contact JUDGE JUDY!
or contact the Better Business Bureau.
it helps alot!!!!!!!
hope i helped
=]

Judy
Call the state department of labor in the state where you were working. First I'd probably tell the sleazy employer that if I didn't have my check by (maybe 10 - 14 days from now) I was going to call the state dept of labor - that might get them moving. But if you do tell them that, and don't get your check in that time, make the call. You should be able to find a phone # on the state website

speakstruth09
Rating
find out the number for their human resource dept and tell them your situation

StephenWeinstein
File a complaint with the state Department of Labor (of the state where you worked, even though you now live elsewhere).

Ralph N
file with your old state dept of labor. they have forms for this. once filed the state will require an answer your old boss.

Roxanne G
sue them in small claims see you on judge judy

margeret braidon
that's terrible! in my opinion, i think you should talk to your boss about it if you haven't already done that.
peace,
margret-braidon ana

underachiever76
Tell them you are going to contact the Labor Board (for the state they are in) if they don't immediately send you the check - if that doesn't scare them, then go ahead and contact the Labor Board. An Internet search should yield the contact information for the appropriate Labor Board - it may not be called 'Labor Board,' but every state has a Department of Labor division that includes help with pay...

It is illegal to withhold owed pay.

Miguel
Rating
You should hire a lawyer..no is not as expensive as they say...and sue them that will get you what you deserve

dudemeister
if you can prove you worked the hours you can take them to court if they will not pay.

xxCatxx
simple.....either go in and demand your pay or take it up in court im sure they'd give it to you then!!

mailaccount63
Please do not put your question in all capitals - it is seen as "yelling" on the Web.

Thank you.

gluebluish
Threaten to sue. if that doesn't work, sue.

Jenny R
call the labor board and better business bureau for the city and state in which you worked in.

mark90_2k2
contact your loyar, threaten to sue them and they will send that pay cheque out straight away

norman davis
Rating
talk directly with the boss if that doesn't work then sue them

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can your ex or current employer give you a bad /poor reference?
I'm asking this because of a question on the careers section the other day where the best answer was actually wrong. Any employer can give a bad/poor reference for a current or ex employee. The ...

Is this legal???
Can a business post a job listing for something that isnt really what the job description is? and when you get there they refuse to give details of pay/benefits and actual job description? then make ...

Is there any law about being left in your office on your own?
I am just wondering if anyone knows.. we've got quite a large office.. but for some reason most people are off at the moment and there are only 2 of us here.

If one of us goes out ...

My Senior Manager at Ernst and Young just scolded me... What should I do???
I am a Staff with Ernst and Young's IT Audit Practice.. I am on a project with a Senior in Minneapolis.. Anyways, when it was time for us to make our flight arrangements, I indicated to my S...

Why can't i get a job?
nobody will hire me. I'm drug and alcohol free and a hard ...

Boss is vebally abusive!?
I been at this job for 6 mons now and i cant begin to tell you the things that i have went through. i mean, seriously my boss is a complete *****. It seems like whenever she has a bad day she takes ...

Can I sue for an employer offering a job and then taking it back?
I recently got a call from an employer after an interview offering me a job with "22 -25 hours a week." I asked her on the phone if I could start today, and she said that she would call me ...

I just got fired.....?
over a policy that the company clearly does not apply across the board. Any suggestions?...

I work at a lawfirm, paralegal without the title. what to do, read below?
I get about 24k a year, i have the chance to go work for an alderman about 4k more and benefits, i like what i do and i will continue working in the legal field. Just looking for some feedback,....

Have a got a claim?
I was sacked unfairly from my last job they sacked me after they found out I was looking for another job im not sure what I can do as I was only there 9months. P.s they pushed me to look for a new ...

Is it legal for employer to take on staff, expecting them to work one week trial - with no pay?
My daughter is only working there up until Xmas, for extra cash etc for Xmas Pressies. She is to be paid monthly, but now told the 1 week trial is without any pay? It is hard work, on your feet and ...

Who is the person.......??
Who is the person who pronounces you dead?
The person who comes to the scene of a crime or something and pronounces you dead??...

I'm about to walk out of my job! please advise...?
I've been working here for 10 weeks and I'm ready to walk. I haven't signed a contract and they haven't given me any idea of how secure my job is. Telling me one minute that i ...

Can My boss sack me for the below reasons?
I have been bit irregular last year. Reason, insomnia and I had to get int work late like in the afternoon.

this year, I am very regular, but, he has asked me to improve my time-keeping.<...

According to labour law is that legal if you don't get pay commission if you resign from the company?

I've worked for the same employer for 4 years, can she deduct holidays?
Having worked at the same place for 4 years i have always had 20 days holidays plus bank holidays. This year i've been told i.ve had too many holidays in the past so now only get 20 days ...

What personality must you have to be a lawyer?
I don't want to be a lawyer, I just want to know what you think about it....

My employer breaks open my personal cabinet at work without my permission while I'm on medical leave. Help!?
I'm working in Shanghai while I am in Singapore now recovering from a surgery and am on medical leave.

My co-worker called to tell me about what my boss did (Above). Anybody around ...

What jobs can i get at 15?
hi, i'm 15 and i want a job, so i can save up money to take my parents to watch a show in the west end, i have been round a number of places and asked for a job, but everywhere says the same, ...

Is it worth it for a 31-year-old woman to go to law school?
I got my bachelor's late in life in humanities and am contemplating law school. I think I can get into at least tier 2 schools.
But let's say I go and graduate. By then, I will be ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links