Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

On job applications where it ask reason for leaving, should you put you were terminated?
Find answers to your legal question.

On job applications where it ask reason for leaving, should you put you were terminated?

I was termed from my job for not meeting one goal of many. I don't want to put that i was termed and the employer can't advise that i was fired if they are called for a reference. What could I put instead?
Additional Details
My ex-employer advised they don't tell potential employers if you were teminated. They only advise the date you started and the date you left.

michr
are you in the US?
if so, what gave you the idea a former employer can not release honest, truthful information about your work performance?

you need to be honest on the application, as most state that failure to be honest and completely answering all questions is grounds to not be considered and terminated with cause if hired and the information is discovered later.

state that you were terminated and will discuss during an interview.
everyone has been fired at some point in their careers and hiding it or lying about such a common and usually meaningless occurrence does not speak well of the applicant. anyone who would lie about this will lie about important issues as well.

Starla_C
Put "will discuss" and leave it open to discuss the reason for the termination with the potential new employer.

DIRI-83
Rating
Write down that you left due to personal reasons. hope that helps!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it still possible for me to become a firefighter?
I'll be 29 in July, and I have a misdemeanor from 2002. I'm 6' 2 and weight 155lbs. I'm wondering if it's worth going back to school, as well as working out in preperation ...

Fired & Denied Unemployment?
I worked for a large corp and was a temporary employee for 6 months before getting hired in. I mentioned this to show that I was a good employee in which the company felt I was a good employee to ...

Can anyone give me this career info for a lawyer?
This is for a school project and I really need help with it. I have to fill in the information (not define the words). Even if you know some please help me. I need all the help I can get.

W...

I've handed in my notice and then taken 2 days off sick. Will I get sick pay?
I've handed in my notice and then taken 2 days off sick. Will I get sick pay?
Will I get statutory sick pay? I'm not sure where I stand.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks....

Are there jobs that a felon can get?
My boyfriend was recently convicted and he is having trouble finding employment. He really needs a job as we have children to feed. I am currently working two jobs and I don't know how long I ...

What is the legal minimun temperature in a uk workplace?

Im pursuing criminal justice, and have gotten petty larceny in the past ?
"Im pursuing criminal justice, and have gotten petty larceny in the past where i was put on a 6 month probation and finally had it cleared off my record. In the future will they be able to see ...

What does it mean when your wages are cut for a legitimate business reason?
I have been working for the same company for three years. My boss offered me less hours, cut my salary by 50%, hired someone else for me to train to do the job duties that I have been doing for 3 yrs....

Which profession, doctor or a lawyer?
Here's my history:
I get all A's in all my honors/AP classes, but for math and science, I have to study my head off. However, for history/public speaking, I have always excelled in it. ...

What are some jobs of a lawyer ?
Thanks....

Employment Labor Law LEGAL Question?
I was let go from my job today. The reason given was that a client we served had been complaining about me. I live in an "at will" state, however....my company handbook says my employer MUST...

Unemployment Benefits?
My work requires me to work around the states for work. Can I collect unemployment for being laid off if the only work my employer offers me if overseas. When he knew full well I would not work ...

I'm thinking of becoming a legal secretary. What's a good school in MA?
thank you....

What is the legal age for a teen to work?
i want to work but i'm only 15 i want to know when can i work because i went to get an application but they said i was too ...

Can I work as a lawyer in Canada after attaining an LLB in University in Scotland?
I'm a Canadian high school student and got accepted to the Law program at the University of Edinburgh. I'm studying in a 4-year LLB program. To become a full "barrister" in S...

What is the legal age for employment in Alabama?

Is it legal for a 15 year old to get a part-time job (UK)?
on the weekends, in London, just a part-time job like working in a shop or something?
Additional Details
can anyone suggest a website that could help me find a job please? Thanks to ...

What are some careers in the field of criminal justice?
I am a junior in high school, and really want to be a social worker, but my parents are worried because of how sad the job can get, and the salary isnt very high. So we are trying to compromise, and I...

Can you get unemployment benefits if you quit your job in ohio?
my pay has been cut by 40% and my hour have increased so i want to look for another job but if i quit can i file for ...

Can I work at 14 years old?
ok well I am 14 and i live in Missouri and already checked the internet to see if I could work at 14 and i am pretty sure that i am able too but I wanted too make sure i could i want to work at a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 15, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links