Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

On what grounds can i file suit against my employer?
Find answers to your legal question.

On what grounds can i file suit against my employer?

for instance, ive asked for record of my pay (a pay statement) but ever since i asked him hes been avoiding me... also he deducts money not only on my check but other workers checks saying he can if we don't clean up he'll take 2.00 for everything not done. (this is a waitress job) currently hes cut my hours for not having proof that i was sick even though i couldn't afford to go to a doctor. he took my check stubs on 3 different occasions and when i ask for them he says he'll get it to me but never does... what can i do legally because there is so much more and im tired of being the only one who will stand up to him. (serious answers only please)

mr clean
wow he is with holding wages report him to the better business association he is breaking the law when he docks your wages

jamie h
I need a little more information from you. Please email me with the following
Your rate of pay
Your states minimum wage(or the state you are in)
any information as to any contract you may have signed during your employment concerning payroll deductions
are you paid by a paycheck with taxes taken out, or you being paid cash

I have been in the business for 30 years, and have seen numerous counts of gross misconduct on the part of employers. If you send me this info, maybe I can help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

In New york state do you need to get new working papers when you turn 16 or do the auto maticly upgrade?

Is tax law 1. Civil law 2. Public law 3. Administrative law?
I know barristers can now talk directly to clients about civil cases but I dont know if this would include questions about tax.

I'm a trucking dispatcher in Toronto, I'm Salaried at 42K a year, My schedule is 4 days on, 4 days off?
Our work week is considered "4 days" as stated on my contract. I'm a full time employee. I'm new to canada pretty much this was my first job and I've been here for 3.5 years. ...

Is a cartoon parody legal?
For example someone wanted to parody Family Guy, could they get sued?...

I'll be fourteen on valentines day... old enough to work?
just getting extra money. ya digg?

i want to like help out at pet stores. (washing the dogs, feeding, ya know, the usual)
am i old enough? could i work just two days a week until the ...

Jobs for 11 year olds in alabama?
im eleven love dogs, crafts ,kids ,staying up late ,and the mall. do you any jobs oh i also like twilight, friends, and ...

If you wanted to be a cpa for the fbi would you have to take a drug test??
?...

What should you do if you were wrongly accused of poor job performance from a customer and it was all lies?
What would you do if your friends customer wrote a letter about his performance and it was all untrue. My friend was written up for the first time and his employer didn't believe what he had to ...

My company has put me on the night shift. how can I legally fight this?

What is the law regarding employment termination as a contractor?
I joined a company in Feb 2008 on a temporary basis. After 2 weeks I was offered a permanent position at another company so my current company offered me a position with them in a different ...

I would like to know if working as a Assistant Manager at tim hortons is rewarding?
I'm going to have a interview for an Assistant Managers position. I want to make sure that I'm making the right choose if I decided to take the job?...

I want to be a lawyer in N.Y.C. Help!!!?
Which would I be more likely just getting out of college and trying to get a job as a lawyer, Going to Berkley college or John Jay college of criminal justice?
Additional Details
What is ...

I want to change careers, but don't know what field to go into?
I have been on my job for 16 yrs. I am basically bored with it. Plus i have a special needs child that is 7, and i need a more flexible schedule, to be able to take care of my baby girl.I also have ...

What jobs can i get with a dui conviction?
one and only conviction!!...

Is it Illegal for employers to leave private information up on a computer?
I've noticed on numerous occasions my employer will leave open the a window on the computer that shows the staffs names and full SSN's after doing paychecks and will sometimes leave and to ...

Background check for a new employer, asking if i can get it from old employer?
I was asked if i can obtain my background check information from my current security employer, to provide to a new nanny employer. Is this legal? Am I allowed to ask my current security company for ...

I am a felon.Big problem finding job.Would having my records sealed be a wise choice?

Employment law regarding sickness?
hi
my sis works weekends at a local large supermarket. she called in sick on the sunday before new years eve. she had a return to work interview which was signed off without any probs.

I'm going to do my a-level soon and later i would like to be a lawyer.?
My college only offer us business studies,accounting,sociology, english literature,maths, law and economics.. Which are the best four subjects to choose ?? Can you help me out and tell the reason why ...

Is it illegal to use an illustration I made of a celebrity on a tee shirt?
I wanted to know if this was illegal...or is it just illegal to use a an actual photograph of a celebrity? I see a lot of Obama illustrations on tee shirts selling in stores and I also see famous ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links