Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Walmart Orientation: Position Overnight Stocker.?
Find answers to your legal question.

Walmart Orientation: Position Overnight Stocker.?

What are we going to do in Orientation?.. also i applied for overnight stocker..im with the frozen department meat, freezer i suppose stuff like that..can anyone tell me more about the position and also tell me everything about how long orientation will be? and this question is for serious ppl other ppl will be ignored and giver negative note. thank you all!

jezbnme
Rating
i just started at sams club. beings they are owned by the same the orientation should be the same. our orientation was for cashiers, overnight stockers and bakery and cafe its all the same orientation for any position. it was from 8-4 and a very interactive orientation. not boring at all. you will watch videos and they give you the store history,a tour of the store focusing on safety exits and spill stations etc. you take little quizzes and then you do these things called cbl's they are accessment tests on their computer. all very easy. just read and answer questions. there is about 50 total and they are due various times in your first couple of weeks of employment. your position will be stocking the freezer, packaging or rotating the meats etc. other duties i am not sure of will be tossed in too. good luck in your new job

lolasmommy
Orientation is what you have to do before you start the job. Apparently you got hired. Orientation is ususlly about 1 to 2 hours depending on the company, You will watch safety videos and probably a company video and then a tour around your store. You will be filling and stocking meat and frozen foods. Most of Walmarts meats come in frozen. You will need to learn what needs filling and where to locate it. Bring along warm clothes and gloves as the freezers are cold when you are in there getting product out. Work smart, not hard.. Good Luck!!

Cool guy
Rating
In orientation you will just do paper work. The posistion will require you to stock the shelves and front the products.

EJ
Rating
Most of orientation is just to go over company policy and safty procedures. You will also spend a lot of time filling out paper work for taxes, insurance, etc.
It lasts for the better part of your first day of work. Nothing to worry about, just a lot of writing, watching dvds, and signing your name.

ripshit00
Its a really fun job first off. all you do is just restock everything thats been used, keep track of how much is sold and how much needs to be put back. theyll tell you that though. its basically common sense. orientation for me was an hour( mostly paper work and policies)

jillscowboys
Rating
just clicking on for answer. sorry i too am thinking about this work and didnt want to lose post. gl i hope you get answers

Maverick
Regardless of how long orientation is , you will be getting paid !
Not to be rude , but it seems you already want to get off early before you even start !
They will go over store safety rules,policies,benefits etc.....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Background check?
If someone runs a background check on you, like an employer, can they find out if you have been CHARGED but not CONVICTED of a crime?...

Is it possible to work if you are under the legal age, with parents permission?
i am 14 & 9 months in about 5 months
and really want a job but as i am underage i dont think i can
am i able to work if i have parents permission?

Additional Details
i ...

Can i be dismissed after i have improved my work ethics and lifted my standards?

Are there any labor laws for minimum hours worked?
Are there any laws requiring an employer to provide a minimum number of hours when hourly employees report to work? Could I be terminated for refusing a 2 hour shift? (it costs more for me to get ...

Can a job discriminate you if you have a felony like say it's company policy we don't hire people with felony'?
is it against the law for a job to say we dont hire ...

Staff policies in retail? ?
Hi I was using the staff computer in work to look into some policies, things like career breaks and holidays sick pay etc. And came across one that seemed to answer a lot of questions that fellow ...

Is it legal to get suspended from yor job indefenetely??
I'm in Texas. My workplace has recently suspended a few coworkers not knowing what day they'd be back to work.
On my opinion, if somebody gets suspended, then the employer should ...

What concerning your background would prevent you from getting a Federal job?

Where do I find a legit at home job for a legal assistant with 20 years experience and typing skills of 93 wpm?
I am a legal assistant in north Florida and would like to do legitimate work at home. I have 20 years experience in several areas of law, including criminal defense, insurance defense, creditor ...

In California, is it legal for employers to give bad reports on former employees?
I was told that this is not legal.....all they are supposed to do is verify that I was an employee. I have been using my former employer as a reference on applications for new jobs. I had to include ...

Question about unemployment?
I have paid into DE unemployment for 10 years (never used it) and then in the past 2 1/2 years I paid into PA unemployment (also never used it). I live in DE but work in PA. I was wondering if it ...

Lawyer Question? Please Answer?
Ok so if someone was a lawyer, and they got sued, would they hire another lawyer to defend them, or would they defend themselves, cuz technically they are quallified to do that.

Please A...

Is it legal for an employer to do this?
my fiancee' has been off work since wendsday because he has a severe sinus infection form the concrete dust and formoil and things he injests at work on a daily basis and went to the doctors and ...

Is it legal for an employer to pay servers $3.15/hour while in training and not give tips?
My wife just started a new job as a server. While in computer training and server training they only paid her $3.15/hour.

While in training she was not allowed to collect tips, and at ...

Is it legal to pay one employee more than another based on friendship?
An employee of the company that I work at is being paid over $2 an hour more than other employees based on his friendship with a district manager that hired him instead of a store manager. This ...

No scheduled day off, is this legal in the state of Indiana?
Help, we are tired and our bodies ache. The non-union company I work for schedules us for mandatory 7 days/wk. for several months at a time. In order to get time off we have to call in and take a ...

Is it illegal for an interviewer to ask you ?
what kind of music you listen to and what you do in your spare ...

Is being a lawyer really a good career?
Or is it just a repressive conservative reserved ...

What do i do if my job is a warzone?! Help!?
The job i am working at has quite a few employees but only one "owner" and one "manager" Every single day they have some huge argument throwing insults and obsceneties back and ...

I have a law degree, a degree in politics and a journalism degree. What would you think is the best career?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links