Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

Were can i work WITHOUT working papers?
Find answers to your legal question.

Were can i work WITHOUT working papers?

I'm 14 and I'm looking for a job..

My working papers are in progress, but I'm sure I'm getting them soon.
I just need a job NOW. Please take this question seriously.

Can i take the job and later on show my working paper??
Additional Details
I'm thinking of working in macdonalds

michr
depends on where you are but generally before you can get a work permit you must have a written job offer from the prospective employer.
so you need to FIND a job first.....

NO, you can not work before you actually get your work permit.
this is a violation and could cost the employer thousands of dollars in fines.

employers know how the system works and if you are hired you will have to get your permit completed before you actually start working. the employer knows that and if they hire you they will give you time to get this completed.

for more info about work permits (many states don't require them), hours you can work and jobs you can do go to:
http://www.youthrules.dol.gov
US Department of Labor
YouthRules!
there ae links for employers, educators, parents and TEENS.

l f
Look into carpet or painting companies.It's a good probability if you can present yourself they'll hire under the table.More than what mcd would give.This falls under apprentice work approved by your parents.There's other companies that will do this also.Look around.You could end up being better paid than some adults.

Ben
You can apply for the job without them, however they won't let you start working until you provide them. Shouldn't take long for you to get your working papers.

Alvin N
Can't work while your 14, but you can try to find a restaurant job.

Shane
Rating
Look -- The reason why working papers are required is to help prevent abuses of child labor laws. By the way McDonalds does not hire anyone under the age of 16. In fact, that was my second job during my teens (first was Burger King) and over my dead body would I ever allow my son to work for them or any other fast food place. Just some food for thought (no pun intended)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I want to become a corporational lawyer! ..... PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!?
I'm 14 and I searched up my local UNI and they offer a joint degree in JD/MBA in 4 years so if I

took that program and became a corporations lawyer do u think I could make millions ...

Can any one tell a where i can get a decent job in Columbus Ohio?
I am am immigrant from Bangladesh.
I have a masters degree in Political Science and a law degree.
I have practiced law for 14 years in Bangladesh.
I came to the US 4 years ago and I ...

Im a senior trying to pursue a career in Law Enforcement.?
I want to go to College but What other things can i or should I do after I graduate high school in June? Sense you have to be 21 to join the academy, I want to make my years in between use full ...

I am collecting social security disabilty and got offered a job bartending on the weekends,is this a problem?

What Makes Successful People Successful ?
Im 14, I'm black(look like it at least), and i live in henrico, VA. I'm currently taking high school classes, even though I'm in my last year of middle. I'm currently in F...

Is it legal that your employer ask you should not have any second job?
It is rediculous that the employers say they only give the job to you only if you work for them and finantially you should not have any other source of income...that is absolutely ...

Is it hard to get a job as a maritime lawyer in the UK?
I am doing my masters atm in one of the London's (UK) universities - LLM Maritime Law.
Next year, I'm planning to do my LPC course.
Is it hard to get a training contract in that ...

Looking for a job in Cleveland?
Hi, I'm in the process of moving to Cleveland, OH and want to make sure I'm covering all bases as far as where to search for jobs. I have an English degree with a background in advertising ...

GCSE options for a career in law or media.?
I am in year 9, and i am soon going to have to decide what GCSE's i have to take. I aspire to be in either law or media. My compulsory subjects are- English, English Literature, Maths, Science,...

Help me get this legal assistant job!?
I have to write a resume, but I want it to be soooo good that I get the job. I am a nursing assistant but I really want to change my career really bad. What are some pointers that will land me the ...

Business Law Questions?
1. people acting outside the scope of their authority are generally personally liable whenever the organization is not. True or False?

2. Withdraw from a contract has to take place within 6...

I quit my job, should my employer make me pay for my benefits?
My last day of work is today. My medical benefits are half paid by me, half paid by my employer. I got my check today and it has my half and my employer's half deducted from the check. Should he ...

A coworker has personal problems and the coworker’s job performance is becoming unaccepta?
i need serious ...

I need to get laid off instead of fired?
My company is letting go of people and I know that they are slowly going to get to me but I don't know when. In the meantime it's time for me to move on to another job, but first I need ...

What should i do if i want to gain experience to be a lawyer if im 15?

Payroll Deductions-Is this Legal?!?
My employer is making me pay for office supplies that I inadvertently ordered from the wrong company. I am now paying $185 for a printer cartridge for the company that they fully intend to use. I ...

Is there some sort of law stating your company has to pay you for a week you have jury duty?
I have just been called for jury duty for the second time in 5 years.... hard to believe huh?! Anyway I don't mind doing it, it just came at a hard time. Here in Wisconsin they pay you $16.00 a ...

I just graduated from college and want to gain experience before I go to law school, what should I do? 10 pts!?
Should I try to take positions as a runner or file clerk. Would I be hired as a legal secretary (I don't have a degree for being a legal secretary, but I've gone to college so I should be ...

Is it legal for a solvent company to transfer employees into a company that is in administration?
Company that is in Administration!...

What is the legal age to WORK at a tattoo shop in California?
Not as a tattoo artist, but as maybe an apprentice, an assistant or a shop manager.
I'm 17 and will have my tattooing license once I'm 18, but I would like to get used to the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links