Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

What does staff restructuring mean?
Find answers to your legal question.

What does staff restructuring mean?

it says to take corrective action to safeguard those jobs that remain

Ncarolina K
Means opposite of that, lol. That's the phrase to sugar coat a downsizing of the organization. This usually means closing of a department or section because the need for less workers. Restructure is a nice term, but if they were really restructuring they would of sounded much more ethusiastic about it. Expanding, growing, more powerful, job openings, are the terms if it was to get better. Companies want u to feel pity and be forewarned of their intentions. The last quarter of the year is when they usually do this to prepare for new year. Safeguarding the jobs that remain means the company mite fail worse and everyones gone... a scare tactic. Hope this helps.

exputkimies
Rating
it means a bunch of people are about to get layed off

reignofcheese
It means lots of firing, hiring, and moving people to positions that would serve the company better.

James T
It means a lot of different things, during my time as a programme director, staff restructuring meant re-skilling people at the end of a huge change, usually the ones who didn't embrace the change would be found looking for another job elsewhere. The restructure can be a positive one if you look to take the initiative and look at the changes positively, or if you have had enough then work through the restructure and get the best deal possible for yourself, think of it as a way to get a great reference is a dull time. NEVER slam doors behind you, otherwise all the good work will be undone.

Harry
Rating
It means that there are going to be fewer positions than there are now. It also means that the current employees will probably have to post and be interviewed for the position they are interested in.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Getting injured on the job, then getting fired via email. My rights under CT Workers Comp laws.
I worked hard at my job. I injured my ankle and shoulder when I fell. I told my boss (the owner) and he contacted his Workers Comp ins co to see where I needed to be seen. I went and was sent home ...

How do you tell an employer you are leaving because another job pays more?
I am a young attorney who has been practicing for only 7 months at this small firm. I am considering leaving for another position that pays more but I feel a little guilty because this firm paid my ...

Recently Terminated, need some help?
My fiance worked in Iowa, as a maintenance worker for this self employed couple running a business in housing.
Last week they let him go due to "poor work habits". The only reason he ...

Is the a law or federal law as to how much or percentage a bus gets in tips?
Were can i go to find laws or labor laws as to how much a server has to tip out a bus boy.

reason i am asking is because my new employer i work have been working me 10hour days and only ...

My friend has a felony on her record and she looking for a job?
what websites are there for people like her if she is looking for a ...

I just have to ask.?
Mr Buisness Owner. I know that if a person comes in looking for a job,and the grey hair is seen, That Individual has a poor chance of getting hired. I have come up aginst that quite a lot.

Who is currently attending or attended law school?
If so, what is it like? where do you attend?how was your first day? were you scared or confident? is it really that hard? I mean I know it's hard but many people like to exaggerate bunches and ...

Can I help give relationship advice w/o being licensed?
I love psychology, personality types, and how they all work together, and am constantly giving advice to anyone who’ll hold still for 5 minutes, and especially those who ask ;) In these tough ...

Can I sue the beauty school I am attending for lack of teaching?
I have been going to a beauty school for skin care for a little over 2 months now part time. I was really excited at the beginning but now I am disappointed at the fact we are not getting taught what ...

Still able to become a police officer?
I was thinking about becoming a cop maybe, but i recently had my license suspended because i did not pay a ticket in time. The ticket was for driving in the HOV(carpool) lane by myself.

A ...

How do you become a lawyer?
i am a freshman in high school and i was wondering what classes i should take to better prepare me to become a lawyer?

and i would also like to know how much school and what would be the ...

Does a job title automatically entitle you to a higher salary?
I interviewed for a job as a Human Resources Assistant that was posted on Monster. At the first and second interviews the job duties were explained to me thoroughly and the job seemed like a great ...

When you get a job, should you sign a job contract right away?
or wait for the testing period to be over then sign contract?
Additional Details
In addition, what other things should the job offer: health care, incentives, etc?...

Can they sack me for this?
I worked for a party plan company. Technically you are self employed but you are actually under contract by a company and have to report to a manager weekly.

I became pregnant and very ill....

Do criminal background checks show everything you've ever been charged with?
or just everything you've been found guilty of or convicted of....

Purchasing own supplies for present job?
I work for a towing company and I was recently told that I have to purchase my own supplies such as tools and equipment for people who lock themselves out of their car and maybe other stuff as well. N...

Is there an appropriate way to ask my boss if they are considering laying me off?
I'm just really worried because my company is laying off employees, slowly but surely...and just today a coworker that I'm close to got laid off, and she's the only one with that ...

NEED LEGAL ADVICE!!please?
I have been married for 2 yrs, my husband and i are not doin so great and are talkin about divorce.....

Well my husband purchased a home 4 years before we got married.his mom put a ...

Demoted after work injury?
I was injured after a machine at my work was turned on by another employee with my hand in it. this happened on the 13 I have been seeking medical treatment. today on the 20th my employer wrote me up ...

Problems with co-worker, need advise?
okay, so i do security at a post were it is 5 guards at a time. we have a supervisor and the rest are regular guards like me, now one of the guards has been there for quite some time and is very ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links