Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

What kind of good paying jobs can a convicted felon get?
Find answers to your legal question.

What kind of good paying jobs can a convicted felon get?

Ed W
The fellow that mentioned the inland boat industry is wrong. The Coast Guard does an in depth back ground check and by September 2008 you will have to have a TWIC card that requires an extensive background check which checks five major data sources and does not allow felons convicted in the past 5 years or ever if it falls with in certain types of crime.

Starting out a deck hand will make from $120 to $220 a day for days worked. Most company's work 14 or 28 days on and 7 and 14 days off respectively. Though there are a few companies that have an equal time schedule.

One thing you might consider is trying to get a job with a refuse disposal company (yes, garbage man) as those companies don't fret about your criminal history. They pay reasonably well $11.50 to $15.00 to start, and some offer basic benefits.

It is true that once you have a job it is always easier to find another so you can use it as a building block toward something else.

Once you get a job go to the local community college and start taking courses in something you like that will turn into a job down the track. Heating and air conditioning, auto mechanics, and construction as was mentioned earlier are good tracks to get on. You will meet people there that will point you on the right track and may be able to introduce you to people who will hire you. Now a days they call that networking.

Sciman
Rating
I am not an employer, but:
Depends on the felon - the person, and his / her skills training and motivation.

I like the plural in jobs, because in the early days such a person needs to get work soon, and a stable career in a while.

Liz
Rating
Construction work pays pretty well or you could learn a trade.

Mitchell S
Rating
your own business............... you'll never get rich workin for the man...

if your serious and want to suceed............ find something your passionate about and follow that !!

jollymon
Go into business for yourself and open a custom license plate making company.

Chris
Rating
I hear the average pay for a skilled hitman is pretty good.. Seriously though, Construction work, Landscaping, basically anything where physical labor is used, and your credentials will do you no good... even if your credentials are ruined..

shadowlands99
Rating
McDonald's will hire.

Bill
Rating
If your in the U.S.A. you can run for President

jwplaster
Rating
Depends on where you live..... Inland marine industry will hire you.... As long as it wasn't a firearm or drug related crime... Pays differ from area to area but generally $150-$500 a day...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Unemployment process?
I just file for unemployment yesterday. I did quit my job due to "Constructive Dismissal". I have proof of unfair treatment and ready to fight if they challenge it. Just want to know how ...

Employer gives option to higher paid hourly emploee, accept big pay cut or 2 weeks notice for same job.?
This is a small doctor's office, poorly run and Dr. wife is part time employee. There is no such thing as a contract, employee manual or performance reviews or raises in this office. I've ...

Doctor or lawyer?
Need some opinions and info on being a doctor vs being a lawyer..like advantages vs disadvantages..im havin trouble deciding..so anything ...

I left a job without prior written notice, Are employers allowed to state that information during a reference?

I am rethinking becoming a lawyer?
I'm using my aunt's account just so you know.

I'm 15 and have been set on becoming a lawyer for years now. I am doing my GCSEs this coming May/June and I am thinking about ...

Need Some Feedback....?
I live in California and was offered a job at a credit card company in Arizona after having 2 phone interviews. I was even offered more compensation than what was stated on the application. My ...

Please help with my future?
I am interested in business and law. I am willing to work as hard as i need to so that i can achieve my goal, but first i need to pick a goal. I am only 15 but i would like to start to think of the ...

What legal action can she do?
My mom has been with her company for 15 years she is the co founder however when the company went public the board fired the founder/CEO and kicked her off the board as well. they are now laying ...

In California, is lunch break paid or unpaid? How many breaks per 8 hr and 11 hr shifts?
I know that there is a rule about getting a 30 mins break after 5 hrs worked, but is this considered part of the work day?

Example: If I work 8 hrs and clock in at 9 am, take a 30 mins ...

Will i be able to recieve unemployment?
I have been on my job for 10 months I am at a job that has a very strict attendance policy if you miss more than one day in a calander year they will terminate you. My daughter has fallen very ill ...

Time card dilemma?
I work a 3rd shift job, and my manager has been punching my time card for me the day before out time goes in for the week. I'm not real comfortable with this, is there some law that this ...

Is there any legit work at home opportunities out there that dont charge a fee?

Is a job seeker more likely to get an interview by providing their Social Security number on an application?
I was under the impression that the SS# is not necessary, unless one has accepted a position, so that the employer can withhold taxes, pay Social Security, FICA, etc. With identify theft being such ...

Pregnant - Slip and Fall at Work?
I slipped on some ice in the parking lot at work and I am 30 weeks pregnant and fell forward on my stomach. I wasn't sure at first but I did catch a bit of my body with my elbows and knees - I ...

Is it legal for an employer to take money out of someone's paycheck?

Additional Details
Such as taking out for money not found each day. We have a total at the end of each day and there is $2 missing. Is it legal take the money out from someone's ...

Why are there so many attorneys and attorney schools out there but no attorneys to help the poor,?
underprivileged, seniors and other pro bono cases when people need them? Sure they can do pro bono instead of taking extra courses to update their professional license, but most would rather pay the ...

Is it legal for employers to insist on car ownership?

What is the starting salary for a doctor?

Can I get written up at work for not doing something that's not in my job description ?
I am a guard who was filling in for another guard on a post when I was told to lift a two security gates. (The kind you see at a parade.) This was not my first time filling in on this post ( I'...

I was fired for drinking can i get my job back after attending re hab?
I live in michigan also i have been sober 6 months and go to AA...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links