Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

What kind of job can a felon apply for?
Find answers to your legal question.

What kind of job can a felon apply for?

propreno
Well if he is, or was, a good thief, he could apply for work as a security consultant.
Many ex-burglars who have converted are now installing alarm systems and such since they are familiar with the systems and know how they work and therefore can do a better job of it than someone who isn't..

catnurse1978
Rating
it really depends on what kind of crime it was. generally if it was any kind of theft most places wont hire you. You cannot work with children or in a health care facility if any abuse went on. Basically the choices are not great.

sophieb
I've worked for law firms and occasionally in the criminal law, and I've seen felons do auto mechanics and construction. Usually if you're a felon they don't want you doing anything near money or working in peoples homes. Service type jobs are fine but usually you have to let your employer know you're a felon because your parole officer will be checking in with them to see that your'e following the rules. Although you probably would work with other former felons you still can't hang around with them, and it's best not to do personal chatting with them since you want to change your life so that you'd be able to work. If you have no skills then find out how you can go to trade school (maybe work and pay for school at the same time) so you have some skill and can get work.

AL is legendary
Rating
IDk besides working from home

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Boss refusing to give days off for college! Help?
I live in a small town and work at the hospital here. I'm an LVN going to school for RN. I am taking a class that is only offered on TUE from 5:30pm to 8:30pm and i work nights 7p-7a. She will ...

Is 95k a low starting salary in the Washington D.C. area?

Additional Details
the job is an entry level associate at a MD ...

What type of attorney has the least amount of stress on and off the job?
I need a good answer with a source....

What is the scope of your job?

Is it better to lie on my Resume to win out over the competition?
After all, employers are most interested in hiring the people who have experience in a related field, is it not better to lie on my resume and say that I do have experience in a clerical office ...

Police Cautions?
How many people realise what they are letting themselves in for when they agree to accept a caution.

As someone who used to see enhanced criminal record bureau ( enhanced CRB ) checks as ...

Is it legal for the boss to hire his brother & show favortism?
My boss hired his sister, father and most recently his brothe to work under him. He always boasts about how he will find ways to fire someone to make room for his family. We work under a labor ...

What website do I go to if I need to apply to be a police offcer in the USA?
My husband is interested in becoming a cop. Where would he apply online at?...

Sacked can you reapply ?
if you get sacked from your job can you ever work for that company again or not ???...

Being discriminated against in the work place?
I work for Burger King. I've been working there for almost a year. I am the only girl who works in the back, and I found out the other day that all the guys who work in the back make more than I ...

Is Pre-Paid Legal a good opportunity to get into?

Additional Details
To sell this product?...

Does anyone know how reliable a online degree is. can you really get a good job and career?
i am interested in forensic science and want to know if an online degree is a way to go and do you need an associate or bachalor degree....

Does a reference have to be a former supervisor?
I just lost my job because I had a a$%hole for a boss. I got along with everyone at my job EXCEPT FOR HER. Now that I'm job hunting (during this horrible recession!), I'm preparing my ...

I have a job interview on Monday with an attorney. he is looking for an assistant. what should i expect?
I am 17 years old and talked to an attorneys secretary yesterday. She told me the attorney is in another state for a trial. She explaiend that i will basically do whatever the attorney needs (make ...

Can I turn down a job offer that isn't very good while receiving unemployment?
I applied to a lot of different places after I was fired, in the hopes that I would receive unemployment. I have been approved for unemployment benefits and have now been offered a job with a company ...

Is it legal for a Orthopedic surgeon to refuse care because I have a Workman's comp lawyer?
Back in January I fell at work and my PCP referred me to an Orthopedic Surgeon. I had an appt scheduled and the surgeon's office called me and canceled the appt when they found out I have a W...

I was on disability for 8 weeks. ?
I have been back at work for a month and a half so far.

Do you think they are allowed to let me go, or would I have a good case in court?...

Should I get a lawyer? If so what kind and what would that run me approx?
I have a misdemeanor for petty theft and currently live in Stockton Ca. I am so angry at myself and am very frustrated because I can't get a job to save my life. I have had so many doors slammed ...

How does an ex felon get a job and make a better life for himself?
My boyfriend was convicted of a felon, over drugs, over 7 years ago and he just hasn't been able to find work. He is a good person, just messed up years ago when he got into drugs. Does anyone ...

How EXACTLY do you become a lawyer?
as of now i am working towards my AA in RESPIRATORY THERAPY, but after that i am considering a few areas to get my bachelor's degree in and i am very much interested in crimnal justice. So right ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links