Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

What kind of lawyer do i need to sue my employer? ?
Find answers to your legal question.

What kind of lawyer do i need to sue my employer? ?

I have a broken finger that happened while i was working and now they said they want to fire me after my finger gets better. I am currently getting workers comp. They are gaining on me for no apparent reason and think I don't want to show up for work and expect them to pay me when i really am not. and there is more to the story

michr
Rating
you have nothing to sue for.
workers comp will pay medical bills and a portion of your normal earnings if you are unable to work. once you are released to work your employer may fire you if they decide to. you must follow the steps and do not miss any doctors, therapy or retraining that the WC insurance schedules for you. if you are released to lite duty you must attempt to do the work if the employer has lite duty work that meets the doctors requirements. follow your doctors and insurance adjusters instructions and don't worry about what the employer may do later (you can not control the future only your present).

if they do not have cause to terminate you then you may qualify for unemployment insurance. if you are terminated file you can do so in most states on-line.

there is no such thing as "wrongful termination" unless you have a contract or the reason you were fired was based on an illegal reason such as discrimination.

MDCM
Rating
An Emplawyer ?? :-)

Barry auh2o
You need an attorney who will tell you it is foolish to sue an employer. Word gets around you are suing an employer, then why should anyone hire you if you are possibly going to sue them in the future.???

If I were you, I would think real hard about sueing . Real hard.

rwa000
Rating
sorry but it is quite legal to terminate you while on W/C, also because of W/C you can not sue your employer you have to sue the Ins company

Almond
You need an employment lawyer, but, it may not be worth it to hire one. Because most of the money that you might be awarded will go to attorney fees.

File the case on your own, either in small claims court or civil court for wrongful termination.

butterfly kiss
I'm trying to find out if i can sue the company i work for. i got wrote up last year bc i was scared to get on a cherry picker that takes me high in the air. well 3 weeks ago i was told me i would have to get back on one. i told the plant manger, the plant super, and hr. They didnt seem to care. I went into work the plant super made me carry the harrnis all the way back after telling him i cant breath. it got worse i could not only get enough air into my lungs, my heart felt like my heart was going to beat out. and everyone in the building was watching me. so i went to hr office and told her i need to go to the er. she then told me ok u will have to use vacation. once i called my husband off his job to come get me she then asked if i need a ride. once i got to the er my hr called and said i was getting written up. our hand book states that we are to work safe do not put ourselfs in a poisitin that we dont feel safe. they didnt listen to me at all and i got embrassed bc all this took place in front of most people i work for. i had a panic attack.and i cant sleep bc i wake screaming about today

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why is he only getting charged with harassment when he tried to rape my girlfriend?
Guy tried to rape my girlfriend. He put his arm around her waist and hand over her mouth and was dragging her into a room at a hospital. Thank god she got away. Why is he only getting charged with ...

Should I go to law school?
I have a BA in Psych/Soc and 1/3 of a masters in teaching. Most of my career experience has been in healthcare - hospital auditing and accounting mostly. Strong interest in kids, but don't ...

If there is a job that pays $48,000 to $76,000 salary...?
How much would I get a pay check?...

Is it still possible to get a job when previously caught shoplifting?
When I was about 13, I got caught shoplifting twice: once at Nordstrom's and another at Cala Foods. They were probably in Both pretty much the most stupid decisions I've ever made. I didn&...

What information employer can release for employment verification?
is there a law to protect employee privacy? and what can be
said over the phone verification?
Family situation? Living situation ? etc, and further more, employer would rehire , please ...

Can an individual teach with a drug felony charge?
My friend was found guilty in Texas of drug possession in 2001. He violate his probation in 2006. He is now on probation until 2010. he has over 100 college credits toward becoming a high school ...

What can I do law wise about this?
My cat Gizmo, went in for a spay about 2 years ago. My husband took her back two weeks later to get the stiches removed. Great.

Over the past two years she always sleeps with her belly up ...

If my ex husband owes legal fines, for example, for probation and such....?
Does the IRS take out the legal fines before they will take out the child support owed to me? Which presides over the other?...

Unemployment for 1099 prego person?
I moved and have been working and living here for a year. I'm prob about to lose my job because of the economy and i'm pregnant. I would normally just go get another job no matter if it ...

Is it legal for current boss to contact your new employer .?
my current boss contacted one of his friends at the company i am going to work for and knows more about my new job then i do and is telling things to my current coworkers is this ...

Are Hss hire shops acting fair?
I am a branch manager at a hire shop and was told i heard rumors after coming back from holiday that someone was taking my job, i straight away phone my area manager who reassured me i was not to ...

I need a good work comp lawyer any suggestions?

I got a problem at my work there is this one lady that talks byhind my back about me to my manangers & employe
this woman talk bad about me to my manager and then he also talks along with her but when i come around they stop talking, but the woman says sarcastic things meaning them toward me for example "...

Can a foreign university (law school) graduate work in the usa as a lawyer?
I have a greek university degree, I have almost completed my 18 months of working in a law firm (in Greece) and I'm going to take the bar exam in a couple of weeks. What would I need to do, if I ...

I was convicted on a felonies theft of property about two years ago will that keep me from working at daycare?
Will a convicted felonies ever have a chance in working in a day care the charge was theft of ...

Can I use 'esquire' after my name the day after I graduate law school?
I know its not an official title like doctor... so what are the rules?...

What is union its purpose and the benifits it provides

Minor Age discrimination?
Hello i was just wondering i have been at a major retailer for over a year and im 17 but since im under 18 they recently cut all the minor hours in the store would that be discrimination or ...

Can an employer take your tips and give them to someone else?
My daughter works in a place that has one tip jar. At the end of each shift, the jar is counted out and divided equally between the employees. Last night, the supervisor decided that two girls worked ...

If I Exclude A Job From My Work History Will I Still Get Hired?
I worked at a local Subway for three months, things started out good and around the time that I was terminated all of my managers said I was doing a very nice job. I was put on notice that I needed ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links