Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Legal Jobs

What should i do if my manager is accusing me of stealing money from my work place?
Find answers to your legal question.

What should i do if my manager is accusing me of stealing money from my work place?

My manager and area manager are accusing me of stealing money from my workplace, but there is no evidence that i have, it is becoming to a point that i dont even enjoy going to work no more, because they are constantly behind my back talking about me, the sad thing is that all of the other managers know about there plan, i just want justice to play a part, i know that i will never steal a penny from my work. what should i do get a lawyer or talk to HR

Deliah
Bottom line, find another job. If they had evidence you would have been fired. You job environment will not be pleasant if and when you start going to the HR dept. Find an Atty who will tell them to put up or shut up, this will cost money, or get on with your life.

JeffyB
Rating
If they have no evidence (and you truly did not do it) go right to HR. Baseless accusations like that are a very serious issue.

Mike J
sounds like harassment to me. I'm no lawyer though.

RomeyM
I would find another job and tell them to go **** themselves!

Kristen Banker
Rating
human resources is yr best bet. But be prepared to find another job.

ciao bella
both - lawyer and hr - - hr first and let them know that if the behavior from your boss/co - worker keeps up you will seek legal action. dont quit though as much as you may want to because then you will look guilty!

GERRI B
Rating
Tell the HR manager first.File a complainant against them.
Keep a log of who, what and when they are accusing you.
It would also help if you have witness to them saying things
to you, ask them to tell HR also.
Suggest that you would submit to a lie dector test.

take a bow
Visit an attorney and have him construct a letter in which he mails to your manager addressing the issue. Then, keep a copy of the letter and find yourself a new job.

Vincent N. Maxwell
Rating
Good morning, I am in retail myself. If they are saying you took money? One of them has or is about too. Do you know the number at your job for loss prevention? Not HR loss but prevention. Call them first, they will either install camera's or go over the books to see what is going on? Do Not! tell anyone you have done this! Besides you may get a reward from your job for stopping a thief from getting away.
Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think everyone should have to pass a drug test before being able to work for any employer? Make it law?
Just like you have to have a green card or a social security card? It is a law. right?
Additional Details
And do you think people should have a right to work with us being on drugs? S...

What do you put?
Under "pay expectations" on a Timmy's application form?
Additional Details
for smart-arses:

I mean what is it customary to put to look/sound better?...

UK. Can you be sacked for being off sick for two days?
Still in probation period. 1 day off sick on 2 separate occasions, now facing disciplinary.

Can they fire the employee on these grounds or not?...

Terminated from job.?
All, This is a real important question and i really hope that you can answer it.

I was recently terminated from my job.

Reason being is that i was involved in some legal issues ...

Is my name legal, after changing it unofficially?
My friend is asking. She and her husband both changed their surnames before they knew each other, unofficially. No deeds were drawn up, and these are the names they have on their marriage certificate....

I want to be a lawyer when i grow up?
i'm fourteen and i will be a freshmen next year. i want to be a laweyer when i grow up. is there any thing i should improve to get to my dreams?...

If colleagues collude and make false statements.?
I lost my job because colleagues colluded and made false allegations against me. I lost my job for gross misconduct and my career is at an end. Is collusion of this type illegal? Can I take legal ...

Do you think it is legal for a employer to give out everyone who works theres social security numbers?
I am fighting to get my unemployment and the employer gave me a paper at the hearing with everyones social security numbers on it....

A year ago I was fired from my job, was never given a reason, what are my chances of getting my job back??
When I was fired they didn't give me a reason, I was employed by the company for close to 2 years & was never reprimanded. They had hired another secretary so her husband would join the ...

How does one go about getting a work permit for a 15 year old?

Additional Details
She is a US citizen....

How to become a high paid lawyer?
How to earn 7 figures as a lawyer. I have heard that being a lawyer is overrated because many "lawyers" make basically no money.
Additional Details
So, if you go to the right ...

Do you get medical benefits from your full time employer?
i have a full time job and my employer does not offer any medical benefits.... is this legal i really need medical benefits and i thought that if you are a full time employee you were intitled to ...

My boss wrote me up, do I have a legal right to obtain a copy of the write up?

Are goats and chickens considered pets or livestock?
I am about to move into a house and signed the lease agreement with my 2 other roommates. We wanted to have chickens in our back yeard, and possibly a goat. The lease ageement says no pets. So, could ...

Should I be a lawyer?
1) I love History
2) I love English
3) I am interested in politics and current events
4) I like listening to people and giving advice
5) I only like presenting something infront ...

Can I be fired from my job for this?
Ok I am in Illinois, I work for a nation wide chain shoe store. Last week I was sent a couple forwarded texts from some of my friends, that were about Barrack Obama, so I naturally forwarded them to ...

Can someone sue there old employer for being fired for having a felony when they did not ask before hiring?
A friend of mines was fired from a job after being hired on and working there a few weeks because they found out that he had a felony on his record. On the offer letter all it said was that his ...

Can my job do this???
i been worling for a comp. for 5 years and i am on salary last week i missed a day and now my boss wants to deduct it from my paycheck is that legal is it right can he do that .. see since om on ...

Is it possible to ask for my job back after being fired from it?
i was wondering if it has been/if possible to ask for my job back after being fired?...

Can you be denied employment based solely on religious observations?
My younger sister was applying for a job at a restaurant - she has great experience and great references, and complete availability besides sunday mornings due to church. She said the person ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links