Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Best mother's day poem to comfort a mom who recently lost a child?
Find answers to your legal question.

Best mother's day poem to comfort a mom who recently lost a child?

I dated my boyfriend for six month. He committed suicide.
well, mother's day is up, and I want to write a very short poem to his mother. I don't want to remind her of her son's passing. I want to comfort her. any ideas? Thank you
Is there any famous poem suitable for this situation. I rather copy than creating my own. thanks

Candy B
in your heart lies a treasure which will always be true
every day is a pleasure because I know you

[the treasure is the memories of her little boy as he once was]

b west
Rating
You can call her. Visit her. Let her know you are thinking of her. It doesnt have to come with words, poems, it may be too soon. She is healing, greiving. I personally wouldnt do any of that. Maybe pay her a visit with flowers. See how she is holding up. have positive talk to bring to the table. Something exciting, flowers blooming, warm weather and a new exciting event scheduled in the area.
I wouldnt do a poem. I think she will be happy that she is remember on such a difficult day. Flowers with no note will be perfect.
I am sorry for your loss as well.

Honey Bee
Honey, I know you mean well, but the fact is, for a mother who has lost her child, on mother's day, there is no way she will NOT be thinking about her child. It's natural, and it's also unavoidable. I think what she would appreciate most is a visit. She's going to be thinking about him no matter what. The most you can do is make sure that she's thinking positively. Visit her, talk about the good times, remember him in a positive way, be there to comfort each other if need be. Fact is, she's going to be thinking of him no matter what on mother's day. A poem is a nice sentiment, but it's not going to stop her from thinking about her son, and I think what she needs most is comfort from you, someone who is also going through the loss of someone close, right now.

Douglas B
A visit would be nice. That will give you a chance to remember together rather than trying to put something in a card or on paper that can be awkward. But in chatting you can both share together and she will probably be glad to have this time to spend with you. Very thoughtful.

ladyren
You really can't comfort a woman who has lost a child.

No parent ever figures they will outlive a child.

And there is no poem you could write either. Don't try. It will come off as stupid, I promise. Write a poem, and keep it. I did.

Sent her flowers, with a note if you wish, signing your name.

My ex MIL lost her son. I was married to him for 18 years. He was killed July 4 several years ago.

I still send her mother's day flowers, even tho I live now with another man, who I will likely marry, (but that isn't important to us).

And I call her occasionally, and will on Mother's Day. But I promise you there is nothing you can do to comfort her. Don't try. Just let her know by a card or flowers that you share her grief.

But I promise you as well, six months is a blink. In a year, you won't remember even who he was.......18 years is far different, isn't it?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

*Help i need advice here please read*?
My great grandma passed away. I was her favorite.

She left me $283,000. I'm 18 years old, and all of my cousins has always treat me bad, and keep me out of the fun things like when ...

How do i get my partner to admit to having had an affair with his ex?
I know he has had this affair, but he just won't admit it - i am totaly ...

Have you ever been ditched after 1or 2 dates?
Have you ever went on a date with someone that you met and they never called you back?
Details ...

How can i tell when my man is cheating?
My man takes walks to the store with our dog and doesn't come home for an hour or two. And when I ask what takes him so long? He gets mad so easily and refuses to answer anything. He keeps to ...

What happens when a guy gives up his rights to his child?
i know this girl who is telling her baby daddy to give up his rights to there kid because he says he cant afford to pay child support so she wants all rights to her kid and told him that once he ...

What would you do if?
you caught your spouse being mounted by a family pet....

Why is it that some women so feel the need...?
...that they need their man to put the ring of their finger, go to a judge/or priest and sign that marriage license, go through the whole ordeal of a wedding, spending all kinds of money of one ...

Do you and your spouse always have fights involving who gets more blanket at night?
My husband and I always fight over the blanket, because he always grabs it and rolls it under him, then I try to pull it back my way, but I can't since half of it is underneath him. And there ...

Why did you get a divorce?
what's your story?
Additional Details
thanks, do you like how Denzel looks?...

OK now that we have established tatoos on women are indeed?
TRASHY..

what about us men? Do women like them on us?...

Guys, would it bother you if your wife/GF goes out with her male friend?
She and him alone? For a walk or something from time to time? And he drives her in his car. Also, would it bother you if she had 2 or 3 guy friends? Also would it bother you if she had an old friend ...

I got into an arguement with my wife and need advice.?
I was driving a car with my wife next to me and her mother in the back. Her mother does not speak English and has only been in the states for a few weeks. I went to make a lefthand turn and cross ...

How to treat a man like trash? It seems like when u treat them well, they dont appreciate $hit?
I just officially found out my boyfriend was cheating what should i do should I go over there and smack him

I am dead serious I just wanna go over to his house and start f**kin up $**...

Why doesn't he understand my need to talk about it?
after 24 yrs married he had a 8 or 9 mo. affair, I found out on Easter night, he said he is sorry, but he doesn't understand my need to discuss it anymore. She's in another country. I will ...

How come there's so few interracial couples?
We live in Toronto. There's like 5 black guys in all of Canada. In addition I was born in Russia and she on Jamaica. We're like a walking billboard for United Colors of Benetton. So my ...

Should a person get divorced...?
if they really dislike their spouse 90% of the time. Spouse is purposefully rude. Do the best they can to have minimal contact with him/her. Spouse is a source of anxiety/depression. But...have a ...

In need of marital advice, specifially from a male perspective?
My husband and I have been married for 9 months. A few weeks before we were married I found out, yes because I snooped (which I promise I had never done before- I just had a strange intuition come ...

Do we marry our dads?
what do you think?

i mentioned it in more detail here.
http://ca.answers.yahoo....

I want to marry someone who stutters, worried that I may not like him for long?
I am attractive girl and met this attractive person. He has everything right in him, but, he has a slight speech impediment - stutter.
I still like him, but, worried if I may feel bad in the ...

Who get more attention, your kids or your spouse?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links