Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Do divorced couples ever get back together?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do divorced couples ever get back together?

My husband is starting proceedings on the divorce, but I really don't want it. I am going to agree to it, but I just wonder if there is still hope to win him back after the divorce. I know that he cares about me. We have 3 great kids together. I know in a way he still loves me. How do I win him back?

Sir J
Rating
Counseling will bring many couples back from the brink. Don't agree to the divorce if you don't want it.

☆BTriX☆
Sweetie - if he wants to get a divorce from you, why try to get him back?

I am going through the same thing - and at first I thought like you did. Then, after a time I figured out that I am much better off without him. He was keeping me down. Maybe in time you will realize the same thing.

Good Luck

Bill
He has to feel it, you can't make him feel it.

I question your use of the word "win" in this scenario. He's walking out on you and three kids; I don't think he's a prize.

_Zith
If he still loves you, why is he divorcing you? If what you say is true, then maybe there's a better solution than tearing the family apart.

MiMi
Rating
Don't hold your breath. If it has gotten to the point of divorce, it's probably too late. If he's any kind of a man at all, he will care for the mother of his 3 kids. It's only natural. However, you have to deal with life now without him and try to make your life happy. If it is meant for you guys to ever get back together, then it will happen. Good luck.

Melissa
Let him go and if he wants to come back, he will and it's meant to be. And yes, divorced couples get back together. Don't hope too much though coz you might get disappointed if it never happens. You should move on and don't look back. You'll be surprised to see him WANTING you back coz you've moved on.

Not all that good, like it seems
sometimes

Illeagal Alien
Rating
they do

Amber skie (22/f/ca)
Rating
I'm sorr you're going through this but from my experience divorcees stay divorced or find other lovers.

Our family friend went through a divorce in 1996 and they are stilll apart ten years later. My aunt had the same thing happen to her, and the husband died but they stayed divorced until his death. They were in friendly terms though

?
They do get back together but it never works out, if he still loves yuo go see a counselor and work it out, once the divorce is final its time to wash your hands clean and move on,

M.O.B
yes they do. my aunt and her husband divorced because he was an alcoholic, but now they got back together and are very happy. good luck =]

justme
usually it never work after a divorce divorce represent freedom you are signing off his freedom and if you still love him dont sign and try to work it out for the last time

kja63
He doesn't love you. He's divorcing you. Sorry to be so blunt, but the sooner you accept facts, the easier it will be for you.

Aznq_t24
sometimes. but I think it only happens in the movies. Or it depends on the person.

Divorce is really weird because it takes alot of papers to sign...I think.

Sassy n' Sweet
It depends on the couple. I had a coworker who was on her second marriage to the same man. If I was in your position I would fight for him as well if I loved him.

hadley b
yes they do but it depends i feel bad for you i think the best thing to do is give him a chance to talk with him go to marriage meeting with him if he really wants a divorce maybe hes not hate one for you there may or may not be hope.

sincerely Hadley

mirka_1412
Rating
Yes.But,I don't understand you.If somebody does not want to be with me anymore, then I am not to beg nobody.You are very brave women and take your life in your hand and enjoy yours children.Somebody who live you, don't deserve you.

roskoroskorosko
Rating
If you want to stay with him, then you can't go through with the divorce, you must work it out especially if you have 3 kids. Oh yea and by the way Divorces aint cheap so why get one then get back together.

rooney
Yes, celebrities do it all the time!!

Chy O
I've seen this happen with a few people as well as myself at one time. And sometimes it will work if things changed between you, however there are a lot of times when it won't work and you are still dealing with the very thing that made you divorce to begin with. Maybe you should prolong the divorce and just take things set by set to make sure you are making the right decision. Good luck to you either way.

time_wounds_all_heelz
Rating
My grandmother and grandfather were married three times...to each other. I'm not sure if this was the best idea, seems they couldn't be to happy if they couldn't keep it together.
So it does happen.
But many times, it just can't work out. Divorce is a very hard thing to go through whether you're the one who wanted it or not. My advice, don't revolve your life around getting back together. If it's meant to work out, it will. Then again, later you may find someone who makes you wonder why in the world you were holding on in the first place.
It's sad for the kids though.

R.J
MAKE LOVE TO HIM AND TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM AND YOU DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE DIVORCE, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR LOVE FOR HIM AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN YOU BOTH HAVE TOGHETHER.......

NAN G
Let him proceed with the divorce. YOU may decide that you no longer want to be married to him. You did not state why he is divorcing you. You sometimes just have to remember why certain things happen and then live with it.

pacificprincess2165
Rating
My parents separated for 5 years and then got back together and have been together now for four years.

depending on his age maybe he is going through a mid-life thing!

sweetnsassy3723
The way that I won mine back...I let him go on about his business..we did not communicate or anything....be nice to him..and let him see that you are going on with your life even if you're not,but don't let him see or know that you aren't. Don't call him or go and visit, let him come to you, because if he really does love you and after some time apart, he might realize that he made a mistake and realize that he is still very much in love with you and he will come to you when he is ready. But you sound like a great gal, don't sit around and wait on him for the rest of your life. There are so many men out there that are waiting to give their love to a great person like you. Good Luck sweetie, and I hope it turns out for the best!

Quietone64
Yes it is possible for divorced couples to get back together, and I think the best way to get him back would be to talk about it with him, and let him know that you still care.

Nancy M.
Rating
Yes, anything is possible. Tell him that you don't want the divorce then maybe things will work out for the both of you.I've heard of couples who were divorced then remarried later so anything is possible.

KinWin
yes, I went through the same situation and he got remarried. now we are working on a reconciliation after being divorced for about 4 years. anything is possible

tutsie
Only if the couple is really willing to make a try to get back together......
Now trying to win him back, dod what u did a couple of yrs earlier on and see if works after all these yrs because when u love someone your love is supposed to grow for that person
Be strong.....

sunshine23511
Rating
you will have to court him. you know dress to the nines all the time around him. wear nice smelling purfume, not overwhelming. above all, try to talk to him about the situation. Maybe suggest counseling. But, if this fails or becomes to taxing....Move on and let time deal and fate with the rest.

the_secrets_keeper
Dont. Please dont. For your own self esteem and the sake of you and whatever is left of your kids life's dont. I kept getting back together with my ex and she kept taking me back evn thought she did not love me anymore... After 6 years of misttreatments, she cheated on me (how knows for how long) and literally kicked me out of the house. Dont do it. Its hard, but you need to let go and move on. He already has

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Ok yahoo community, you decide my reaction: stand my ground or get the f*** over it?
I drive for sometimes two hours in the morning (live 30 miles from job but Miami traffic…imagine my frustrations), in and out of meetings, reviewing reports, talking to people, and then sit in ...

Should i leave?
he keeps saying he will change but never does and i can't mentally take it anymore , but the thing is i still love him!!
what should i do?
help fast!!!
Additional Details

How much allowance should i give my wife?
My wife and I got into a fight today about her allowance. I have been giving her $20 dollars per week as allowance but she seems to think thats too little! You know women these days, they want ...

If someone gives 100,000 dollars for one night stand will you do it? will you tell your husband?

Should i divorce my wife for refusing to make me a cuppa tea?
i mean, its not the first time...
Additional Details
This is the wife, he's makin the coffee as we speak!...

I am married for 12 years but I'm about to take on a GF, is this really so wrong?
My anniversary was last week, my wife and have been together for 12 years and I love her deeply. There is another woman at my job and we are very attracted to one another and she has not been able ...

Am I ready to be married?
ok first off I will tell u the truth I am 16 my boifriend is 16 almost 17 .. We have been dating for 1 month and 2 days he tells me that he loves me and that I am the love of my life . And don't ...

If having more than 1 spouse was acceptable and normal, would you do it?

Additional Details
lol mmaskovic, actually my husband asked me to ask this Q =)
i'm ...

Does anybody else ever say to themselves, how in the frickin' heck did I end up with this person?
or is it just me?
Additional Details
Casual Poster zings me again....

Guys, do you think a girl's virginity would be the best gift she could give you when you two get married?
I'm just curious what guys think about this....

Why Does Everyone Keep Judging Me?
Ok so he's married, why do people hold marriage like it's this thing that stops us from being human?

The attraction/chemistry between us is crazy. He texts me every morning and ...

If a Mother loses full custody of her Children, does she still have to pay Child Support?
It's not like she has rights over the children.

This is generally speaking but I'm also refering to Britney's case, will K-Fed still be mooching off Brit brit?
A...

Husband cheated with coworker...need valentine idea!?
My husband of four years had a year long affair with a coworker. We are trying to work things out and things are going....pretty well. But it has been extra difficult because I know all of his ...

Worst gift to give your wife or girlfriend for Christmas?
My number one is PJ's with pants. She loves the flannel ones. But I know I am not gettin any if she has them on.
Additional Details
This is suppose to be for fun. I know a gift is a ...

I caught my parents doing the nasty ...?
Will I be scarred for the rest of life?...

I'm married and I like this older married guy...what should I do?
I'm 22 and married...he's around 40 and married also. He talks occasionally about how he's ran around with other women. I don't want a relationship...I just want to have some ...

Who would ever marry a women with 3 kids??!!?
One thing about divorce that scares me to craziness is that I don't want to be alone the rest of my life. I have three kids and I don't see anyone ever being ok with dating a women with so ...

What do you do when you are married have a kid and fall in love with another woman?

Your wife sends the following email, amongst others, to her ex. What is going on and should you leave her?
Hi

Really nice to hear from you. Don't know why you got the impression I did not want to keep in touch.

I understand why you want to take a break ...

Is there Married Men that are Loyal to their Wife?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links