Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Does my husband really love me or the other woman? A couple of months ago, I discovered that my husband had?
Find answers to your legal question.

Does my husband really love me or the other woman? A couple of months ago, I discovered that my husband had?

been having an affair with a woman from another country that he had met online. Through his emails, I discovered he fell in love with her. I forgave him and gave him a choice either me or her. He told me that he loved me more than he loved her but I'm doubting it. He told me that he needed to keep in touch with her only for a couple of months to make sure she was ok. She had no idea he was married. I agreed only because he was telling me he was going to do this for a couple of months. It's been 6 months. When he's with me he's very dedicated to our relationship but looking at the phone bill, he's the one calling her. Sometimes he'll call her several times in one day. I need for men to come forward who have fallen in love with the other woman but have stayed with their wife to tell me the truth. I was a couple of months pregnant when it happened. i told him not to stay with me bc of baby. he told me that he with me bc he loves me. i don't know if thats the truth. i feel lost!
Additional Details
The same day I confronted this to him, he told her. She knows!!!

JP
Rating
If he really loves you, he will break all ties with this woman.

~Charity~
Rating
He should have cut her off completely. It seems as though he has stronger feelings for her b/c he is more concerned for her feelings than yours! You need to give him the boot! Good luck. Why are you allowing him to decide what you are going to do with your life?

ryeeeeit
Not trying to hurt your feelings or anything but if he was dedicated to you and truley loved you he would have never started talking to her in the first place! You are letting him walk all over you....you can't force someonce to love you no matter how much you love them. Get strong and get out of that marriage! Look at it this way would you want your child to be treated the way your being treated when they get older and married!

don't stop the music ♪
You know you don't have to put up with this. He is YOUR husband, if you love him and you want him to say then tell him: either you stop any contact you have with her or you leave for good. He's taking you for a ride, he should have immediately stopped contact with her....don't let him walk all over you!

American Beauty
He's been given enough time. No more games. Stop acting like a child. Show this man the phone bill and tell him to stop calling this woman, or leave. No more feeling lost. Either stop calling the woman, or leave!

dakota_gal_1968
He should stop talking to her. The affair was bad enough to find out, but to know he is still talking with her? That is tough. If you wanna talk... IM me....Venting is a great thing

Single Brunette Unleashed
My only question is, Why did you let him have a few extra months. If he loves you, he should have ended the affair period. No extra months, no extra time.
I think you were being way to generous.

mlcg2001
Rating
If he loved you he wouldn't be having an affair, plain and simple. Count your losses and get rid of him. If he can cheat once, he will probably cheat again. I hate to be a total downer on this, but you and your baby deserve better than him. You guys need someone that is going to be there for you both emotionally and physically....

Rachel J
It sounds more like he has an infatuation with this women. Or maybe he is desperate for attention and is getting from her. You should definitely make it clear that there should be no more contact. Stand up for yourself, you don't have to take being cheat on.

Bethany I
Rating
So sorry you are married to such a self centered man.
A married man had no business STARTING this affair and he wants his cake and eat it too!
The only person he really cares about is himself. He lied to both of you and continues to do so because you are allowing it!
The question is...why?
Seek therapy immediately. Good luck hon :)

outlandsishlady
There are two things you can do after an infidelity: Both people in the marriage need to decide whether or not to stay together, and then make an obvious effort to repair the damage done, OR LEAVE. If your husband has still been talking to this woman, he is not truly sorry for the affair, he is sorry he was caught. it sounds like he is going to continue it behind your back for as long as he can. By you giving him permission to keep speaking to her at all, let him know that he has all the control in the situation. You need to re-evaluate your relationship and see if this is really what you want for yourself.

Catherine1
Rating
Why should he stop, he's having his cake and eating it too.

Act like a woman - give him an ultimatum, he stops ALL contact or you consult a divorce lawyer.

Personally, i'd have blown him out months ago.

Tootnuts
I'm sorry to say that I dont think your husband loves you at all if he can do that to you and then talk you round to letting him continue the insult towards you, It seems like he is having his cake and eating it!

♥Xty♥
Rating
Dump his dirty ***. He's a PIG!

scarlett11
Honey.., one thing is for sure. He is a 100% your husband and he had no business cheating on you in the first place! This tells me something is missing in the relationship for him. I would not sit by and watch him communicate with this other women AT ALL !!! You deserve better, now go get it !!

BabeHeart
Rating
He's lied to you (again) so why are you tolerating it? He disrespected you by cheating, then again by continuing contact with the other women well beyond when he said he would (which shouldn't have been acceptable at all, even for 2 mos).

He may love you, but he's still betraying you and you're still allowing it. Do you really feel you need to be in this relationship so bad that you'll tolerate lies and disrespect?

Quietman40
He should have broken it off when you asked him in the 1st place. You were fed a lame excuse, which you unfortunately bought. Cut him off and throw him out. Before he leaves and destroys your emotional stability any further. He is a cheater. Cheaters never change. Period. The fact that he attempted such a lame excuse, shows he DOES care for this woman more than you, or he would have instantly and totally dropped her.

Peace.

bunny
Face it, you're married to an immature person who wants his "cake" and is "eating it too!". He married you, right? He made a committment to you, right? He's broken that committment, and clearly, one can't seek forgiveness until one STOPS the bad behavior he continues on with. Your guy has a BIG problem, and now its compounded by the birth of yours/his child...Is this the kind of guy you want to be with the REST OF YOUR LIFE? -Is this the kind of DAD YOU WANT FOR YOUR CHILD? -And is this the kind of role model YOU want to set for your child, friends and family - for yourself?

Honey, you don't need a man's point of view, you need to develop a BACKBONE and let this guy go. He sure "talks the talk" but can he "walk the walk" ????? HARDLY. What a schmuck!

Grace

Sunny
Rating
Please don't stay with him. He doesn't care about your feelings. This makes me sad.

A Landers
EGAD WOMAN!!
Reading your entry, you know what to do. You just want someone to reinforce it.
He tells you he loves you MORE THAN HER. That means he loves her.
Would your husband share you with another man? I seriously doubt it. Why are you sharing him.

Find a good man that will dedicate himself to you and not to himself as your current guy is doing.

Get out now before he fathers more of your children.

Get out for the good of the baby and for yourself and future.

♥Twinkle♥Toes
Rating
***Why don't you just wait around some more until he decides your life for you.

skyward
Rating
I feel for you, you dont deserve this. It sounds like your husband is just trying to soothe you over while he "dates" this other girl---he needs to be accountable for his actions....he is also deceiving you by telling you what you want to hear and then doing what he really wants.

Tell him, "shouldnt you be concerned about MY welfare and OUR marriage--other than caring for this girl?" Give him a choice, cut ties with her (but I doubt if he will)---or show him the door.

j.c lavender
Sorry, but when he says that he has to call this other woman to see if "she's ok", that's a lame excuse. He had an affair and he is unable to let her go and he can't be monogamous . If he continues this way, it will drive you crazy until you can't bear to be with him anymore, on top of that, it will make you sick, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Stress= sickness and disease. So if he loves you, like he says he does, you can suggest going to marriage counseling with him. If he refuses counseling, then I don't see this marriage working.

tina
Rating
Where the hell is the respect of yourself!

Kc
You know, you have to put your feet down!
Give him the choice again, but this time you are telling him that there's no saying good bye or anything.
It stops right now with no good bye or anything or he leaves straight away.
Maybe you should even pack his bag and attach a copy of the phone bill to save you any explanation.
I'm not sure he deserves a second chance to be honest.
He's been totally disrespectful and still shows no respect.
You are so being disrespected. How did he need a couple of months to tell her that he is married period? How come that 6 months down the line he is still doing that to you.
In fact the more i think about it, the more I think that you should throw him away.
He is stamping all over you and on his marriage vows.
He's using your love for him to make you accept his mistress, he's cheating on you with your approval, he's EVIL alright.

Madison
That's not right on his part. A relationship/marriage is between two people and two people only. If he really loves you, he would break it off completely with the other woman. I wouldn't feel comfortable if my fiance was talking to this woman online or on the phone at all and would demand he break it off completely (right then and there) or I leave him. Also, you are pregnant- do you really think things are going to change with the baby comes? He will be there for her but will still be going behind your back and communicating with her. He will not be a good role model for your child and it honestly seems like you and the child do not need that in your lives.
You deserve someone who is with you 100% not with you and this other woman.
Also, he said he had to keep talking to her for a couple of months to make sure she's ok? That's a red flag right there. If he cares about you more- he would have broken it off completely since he loves you and cares about your feelings more. Plus it's gone on for another 6 months- you need to confront him about it again and tell him that he broke his promise that it would only be 2 more months (which was pushing it as is). Tell him how it makes you feel that he's been doing this to you and lying about her. If he doesn't stop then- you really need to get out of the marriage because that's not a true marriage.
He is trying to have his cake and eat it too- it just doesn't work that way. You need to talk to him about it and tell him how it's going to be if he doesn't stop talking to her immediately- not tomorrow, not in a couple of months, not in a year- right now.
I know this is a tought situation but you have to stand up for yourself because he seems to think it's easy to walk over you.

I know one question you need to ask yourself is if you do stay with him, will you ever be able to trust him again?
Personally, if I found out my fiance/husband cheated on me, I would break it off right there- I wouldn't be able to look at him again the same way. Ask yourself that question.
Remember there are plenty of fish in the sea (sorry to use that quote but it's true). You need to move on and find a man who will love you and only you!

aswkingfish
Rating
You might not like my advice but here goes. Start setting money aside for you for a worse case scenario. Give your husband the ultimatum her or you. Do not settle for his excuses to keep in touch with her via phone or Internet. Also keep records of his phone and email contact with her for future divorce proceedings if needed. I hope it doesn't come to that, but you must expect it in any case. I personally as a male don't think he is right and he is not a good husband to you by his actions that you described. You may even want to see a lawyer now to discuss your legal options, even if they are not required.

me, me, and me
i'm sorry that your in that situation. but it seems to me that he is trying to keep you both. there is really no need for him to keep in touch with her. and it seems that he has told her that he is married. and if he has then she's a b**** for continuing their relationship.

Darling
Rating
He made a commitment to you, make him honor it! Don't allow him to be the one to decide when he's done with her. He needs to be a real man, step up and do what's right.

squidsgirl97
By the sounds of it, he doesn't really love either one of you or he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does your husband...?
Act really strange with his friends? My husband's language and profanity gets really bad... its somewhat embarrassing. I feel like its him pretending to be a man's man... but he says it ...

When making love with your spouse...?
Does it ever seem like your doing more work than your partner is?

A lot of times I find myself being on top...and putting more in than him...Im pretty sure he does this cuz he knows I will ...

When a man has an affair, the other woman is a "Mistress". When a woman has an affair what is the other man?
When a man has an affair, the other woman is a "Mistress". When a woman has an affair what is the other man? The best my friend could come up with is a mister....

This is really unfair to me.....?
i have been seperated from my ex for two months now. should have been for 2 years now. he has had a girlfriend for at least 7 months, yes 5 months before i left. and now i have met someone and ...

Serious answers needed?
A man in his early 50's has sfound out that his wife 8 yrs his junior is having an affair. She now knows hes aware but still continues.

2 teenage children knows it too and is not in ...

Is it ok if a married women goes out drinking with another man with out telling her husband ? look for Q #2?
She said she gave it no thought when it happened and lied about it. then made a promise to never go near him again...24 hours later he gave her a ride home and i caught them. I did cheat on her when ...

I am dating a single dad, please interpret this for me...?
I am dating a single dad. I don't have any kids. He has a 2, 5 and 8 yr old. I met his kids and we went to an indoor playground and had lunch and then went to a movie. I was really shy at first ...

During a divorce, where do you wear your wedding band?
I've been told a few different things, but I'm curious as to what etiquette is for wearing your wedding band during a divorce? Some say you should wear it on your left hand, some say your ...

How often does a guy have to kiss his wife?
Once you're married, isn't once every week or so enough already?...

Would you allow your son/daughter date/marry someone from a different race than yours?
In this day and age why is race hating more prevalent than before? Would you allow yourself or your child to date or marry someone from another race? Please give good feedback as to why you would or ...

Should i take my husband back?
so we have been married for almost 6 years, he walked out on me when our daughter was 20 weeks old, he phoned me and told me he had moved out ( i was visiting family in a different country) i had ...

Am I being unreasonable?
MY boyfrind and I have only been living together for 4 months after 4 years of being together. He is originally from Sweden, so in October, his mother and her wife came from Sweden to stay with us ...

Is it weird for the wife to make a little bit more money than the husband?

Why after 15 years of marriage, it's really bothering me now?????
My husband has always been pretty jealous an controlling, but now it seems to be getting alot worse..........he works way too hard, does not care about a social life at all, does not want to have any ...

Is it normal for a 30 year old to be attracted to a 18 year old, who's fresh out of high school?

Hurry,advise please!!! Decoy phone texts........cheater or not??
Sometimes I think my husband may cheat on me. He hasnt shown me any for sure signs yet though.Well this AM, I made phony text messages on his cell phone just to see his reaction. I put messages such ...

What becomes of the broken hearted? I know I"ve got to find some kind of piece of mind....Help Meeeeeeeeee

I am unhappy wife. My husband doesnot love me but i do not want to leave him. Is it alright to have a lover?
My husband does not love me the way I want him to. But I do not want to leave him since we have children. Is it alright to have a lover in Internet? What would I do if my husband finds out?
A...

I'm cheating on my wife because she's fat. Should I put her on a diet so I can be faithful again?
or just keep cheating because she'll never lose the weight?...

What is the formula for a happy married life?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links