Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Get drunk husband out of house?
Find answers to your legal question.

Get drunk husband out of house?

Tonight like pretty much all other nights as I got home from work my husband was totally drunk...when he got in the house he was and is totally abusive. I have two kids not a penny to my name, or the saying three months behind. I have no where to go, even if I tried a shelter my kids refuse to come and I can't leave them here with him.
Why if you call the cops they say unless they see blood that they can not do anything? any answers?
Additional Details
my kids are 14 and 17 and have witnessed it, but again in todays society, they feel if i move to a "trailer" we are then "trash" since everyone has to label.
My oldest can go to a friends, my youngest is disabled (as I am also)
I didn't get myself into this mess....he got this way after as he finds drinking makes his problems (money, work etc) disappear, however they do not.
He has me in debt in mid six figures and my only option is bankruptcy which I wanted to avoid.
Last time I had the cops here, they saw my bloody finger and when I offered to lift my shirt since I had more then fifty hits to my chest and back, they just walked away...yes that night they took him away, however I was afraid to get another order of protection as he would for sure kill us all....
But now I am so at the point, and would love to figure out how to get my valuable out and get out....just will not let my oldest (who knows how to ignore him) stay..and yes seen the abuse sadly.

ny
Rating
Take your kids and move to the trailer or apt. or wherever. If the 17 yr. old can leave when he is 18. They will get over it. You MUST GET OUT OF THAT SITUATION! Find a shelter.

good luck and god bless.

FunnyValentine
Cops have to respond if they receive a call saying there is a domestic abuse situation. However, before getting cops to your house and (possibly) scaring the kids, maybe you can escape to a friend's or family member's home. If you don't have anyone close to you, then perhaps you should consider going to a motel or something while you figure out a better solution. I understand you don't have much cash, but I think you need to gather what you do have and leave. You and your kids cannot stay around someone who is drunk out of his mind and, as you said, "totally abusive". My heart goes out to you. I do hope you find a way to leave with your kids, and go somewhere that it safe.

regjoeschmo
If there is evidence of physical abuse, the cops will do something about it. Dont go fabricating anything to get your own way, a good look at the DV laws can be found in this source

BOBBER
Rating
Call the cops and get a restraining order.

wondering
I know how you feel,been there.I was married for 5 years and believe me it was just getting worse. I did leave and believe me it wasn't easy. But it was worth the peace of mind of not having to worry about coming home to him. You never said how old your children are. If they are underage im pretty sure they have to go with you if the house is unsafe with him. Find a women's shelter and start a new life. Your children will thank you one day.And you will all be safe. If they are of age they will come to you,just get yourself out of there. And show them a better way to live. Good Luck

(WOMAN)
Rating
If your kids are old enough to take care of themselves then you don't worry about it but if they are little i don't see how they refuse. Cops normally are a**holes and won't help at all so you might want to get help from a shelter, they help you A LOT, so i've heard. If you really are desperate to get out then do it.

ouragon
Rating
I know things seem hopeless, but there has to be a way out. Call 800.799.SAFE for a local referral. If there aren't marks there's no evidence of assault. Do your kids see him hit you? Even if later they won't testify, it might be enough to get him out of the house so you can get a restraining order.

Those children are minors, and if you tell them you are all leaving, they have to go. Don't forget that you're the mom, and take a leadership position to make your lives better.

You have the skills to get yourself out of this. You've been living in a terrible situation for a long time, but you can get out of it.

Blondie
Rating
What do you expect the "cops" to do to solve your predicament?

You got yourself into it so it's best you try & sort it out for yourself. The "cops" aren't going to just frog march him away & lock him up for ever just because you want them to. They must have evidence.

The kids appear to not side with your version of events so there is probably more to this problem than you are letting on.

If you wont go to a shelter; back to your family; get a divorce; whatever .... then you have to do something yourself.

roxie
I l ive drunk husband, I am 71 years old have no money of my own. I am so afraid.I am so sick of his filty talk, being drunk for 8 days straight this time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My ex husband pays child support, how much do i get?
I have been married to a divorced man with two children who he pays child support. We are now separated, I don't have a job so I don't have money for a lawyer, but would like to know if ...

Do you think 19 is a young age to choose a marriage partner?
this 19 year old guy was evaluating girls with whom to marry in the long run perhaps around 25 years of age. He chose the other girl also his age. Do you think that is a right age to be evaluated for ...

Are Divorce papers public record?
I'm thinking about dating a guy I recently met and would like to find out some background information on him. He lives in a different state and I don't know much about him. Any advice on ...

What do you do if your spouse has run out of love?
he seems to have lost it and i think because our children are big and working hes just feeling embarassed to pacl his ...

Is he a smooth talker or has he got it bad? lol..?
My old high school sweetie and I have been talking alot during the last several years... Today he texted me with a message that he's been thinking of me and then this, "One BOY can love a ...

Should my husband defend me to his mother?
Since day 1, my mother in law (who is very large, while I am petit and has a very loud, bellowing, deep voice) has had it out for me. She is the type who does not want any woman in her son's ...

Is it wrong to ask my wife if she'd like to go to the Poconos, & then give her a single, 1-way Amtrak ticket?

This is a manly thing I take it?
My hubby is 40 and has an teen kid from a previous marriage and always said he was done with kids. I'm 26 and very happy to be child free. He's suddenly been talking about kids a lot ...

Wives married more than 10 years: What does your husband do for you to let you know he still loves you?

Do teens who fight constantly but like each other uaually get married or become highschoolsweetheart in future?
I really really need help. I really really like this guy were in middle school 8th grade and we say we like eachother but we fight constantly we say we hate each other call eachother names and ...

Men, are my kids baggage?
I am a newly single mom with two young children. I am very devoted to them and was curious as to what you men think about dating women with children....
Additional Details
Why post pics?...

Who do you think I should choose My Son's Father or My Fiance? PLEASE HELP?
Here'e my situation I was with my fiance for a yr. We are really good together,the feeling between us is indescribable.He make me feel so great and he get's along with my son real well.T...

Questions for the parents who have visitation on the weekends?
How often do you go out on the town? Do you hire a babysitter or have family watch your child(ren)? If you do go out late how late do you stay out and how late does your babysitter offer to watch ...

What way does she love me?10 points!!!!!?
I've got a teacher where I study with whom I've always had a very good relationship.I've known her for 6 years,and we use to talk a lot.
The thing is that after a lot of personal ...

Why do some men propose really quick and why do others wait longer?
I don't like generalizing because not everyone acts the same way, hence this question. Some propose one year in, some 5 years later. Why? Just out of curiosity.
I read that if their friends ...

PLEASE help! (ten points)?
A bag contains 6 cherry, 3 oranges, and 2 lemon candies. You reach in and take 3 pieces of candy at random. Find the probability.
2 orange. 1 lemon.

(Please show me step by step ...

How would you handle this MIL?
My mother in law is about to drive me crazy. She still treats my husband and now me as well like we're 16yrs old. Trying to keep track of what we're doing. if theres bad weather she has us ...

My husband file for divorce and now hes telling me that he not happy. How do i tell him that its over?
He file for divorce and he had a girl the next week or so he says. he cheated on me he lied to me. im only 21 and all i want is him out of my life, but he doesn't get it.
Additional D...

Guys...please help me figure this out!?
Do guys still like a little bit of mystery when it comes to their wife?? I have been married, and lets just say our relationship is, for the most part, good! However, he never just talks to me about ...

Why does it seems like women are paying more than the man in the relationship. I thought the man should pay?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, November 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links