Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

How do I tell me husband I met someone else and want a divorce?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I tell me husband I met someone else and want a divorce?

My husband is a nice guy but he just isn't the one. I know it's gonna hurt, but we have a prenupt so it's not like we have not discussed the possibility. Do I just go on being miserable for his sake? I don't think so. I want him to find someone on his level, too.

dubious
"he just isn't the one"...wow. There are so many things I could say here. But I won't. Just cut the poor guy loose so he can find someone who deserves him.

Play nice, children
Rating
Go ahead and get divorced. Next time you decide to get married, make it priority to know whether or not he's the one *ahead of time*. Sheesh.

Lprod
You don't need to hurt him by giving him the details. Just tell him you're unhappy and no longer want to be in the marriage. Simple. Spare him the hurt...... he doesn't need to know. Just be honest and tell him you're not in love with him, no matter how much he begs or asks for another chance, etc. This will hurt him less in the end.

Arthur A
I say when 2 people can't make it, it's time to cut the ties and tell the truth, and not play games

Debbie P
Rating
I fell sorry for your husband. Grow up and let him go so he can find someone better then you. Your cheating on him even if it's not physical. And what is your new man going to say when you do the same to him down the line?

angelbaby
Rating
The thing about marriage is that you don't find someone else if your not happy with your spouse.You work it out then seek divorce then find someone.Anyway you tell him is going to be hard especially the part about finding someone else.Just let him know that things aren't the same and you can't go on in the marriage.

dmarie_333
Rating
but you met someone while you were married to him, isn't that cheating? leave him and tell him the truth before you cause anymore pain

Sue C
Rating
I don't know how long you've been married, but it sure does sound like a mistake WAS made regardless. I've learned in life that things do happen for a reason. Just too bad you didn't' meet this person before you got married tho. It seems like you didn't wait long enuf for the rite person to come along for you. NO, neither one of you deserve to be in an unhappy relationship & NO it's not fair for you to just hang in & be miserable, as eventually it's going to end up making him miserable too. Just too bad this all didn't happen before tho. Of course it's going to hurt him, especially if he's not expecting it at all. Like you said, it's only fair for him to be happy & find happiness for himself too. IF you are completely sure about this, sure you do want to break up your marriage, then by all means don't wait & prolong things. You can at least show him the respect he deserves to be able to put things in the past & be able to start a new beginning for himself. Fair is certainly fair. There is no way, no reason to do things behind his back, take a chance of him finding out, which in turn would only hurt him worse. IF you are positively sure you've made a mistake, by all means tell him as soon as you possibly can for his sake. He deserves to know the truth at least in all fairness to him...Best to you...:)

GunsNRoses
Jesus! R U dead serious? My wife is a very good woman. But I am not fully happy happy with her.........so I am going to find a better happiness with another woman in general.

Its definitely not greener on the other side for me! Never!
There is no such thing as a 100% perfect marriage. So why get married in the first place? We are all screwed for life no matter what happens. GL

J.J.
Rating
You say!

Husband...I met someone else and I want a divorce!

Sweety375
Rating
Well you just have to tell him, you can't keep on seeing another man and letting this one think you love him. You both deserve to be happy.

obama's child
Rating
The train always turn around at the end of the line
and all of the stops and scenery it pass going up are the same ones coming back / down . Go on do what you want to do hope your new love feels all that you're feeling , be sure not to tell him you are leaving your man behind , You see men will only bathe in a neighbor's shower for so long.

Im just answering your question!
"Do I just go on being miserable for his sake? I don't think so. I want him to find someone on his level, too"
Tell him what you said right there..just be honest with him

jumpinjupiter69
There is no easy way when you care for someone. I think its like JJ said. Just sit him down and tell him about how you feel.

Let the cat out of the bag , so to speak.

Brunette wife
Rating
Just be honest and tell him how you feel.

Dont stay in a marriage where your miserable you both deserve happiness.

Its going to hurt no matter what you tell him.

soldierswife87
tell him how you feel.quit wasting your and his time.talk to each other and come up with how u want to do this divorce,plan hard and well.

ubu
Rating
Admire your honesty.............Yes just tell him.......

WUWEI!!!
Oh crap! Tell him you are about to break his heart
say you have found a new stud in your life who can measure up to your ridiculous level...and he can't.

¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„...ø¤º° ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ GO Susan !!¸„ø¤º°¨copy and paste
¸„ø¤º°¨Ur Awesome!!! `°º¤ø„¸if you think
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ Susan is the best !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8Q...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should i continue or break the relation ??
i m in love with a boy since last 4 yrs .we both are frm different casts thts the main problem .now my parents want me to get married and i told my bf about this and he told me since he is not ...

15 and want to get married?
im 15 and me and my 17 year old boyfriend want to get married but my mom says im too young and i should wait, what should i do?...

When is it ok to cheat on your husband?
why do married women always feel lonely?...

How do i get my ex back please give tips?
I broke up with my ex but now i feel bad and i want to get back with her but today she said she wanted to be cool and friends wit me and i said wat ever do i still have a chance at her if so please ...

I have to move,I don't want to. Help?
OK, I live with my fiance and have been living with him and his family since November. His parents are unable to pay the rent like it should They found another house for rent and more affordable, and ...

What are your views on marriage?
Is marriage just a way to acquire another human being? By getting married and being bound to the other person, isn't this like being their "possession"? Think about it.... to "...

Guys: He told me "I love you", but he is not ready for a relationship.?
I am dating a man (we both once married before and we are now our 30s) only since this February. It all began when he came to me first and he wanted me to date him.

Actually we are having ...

Arya Samaj wedding registration?
I will be getting married under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Post that, I would be getting married under the Arya Samaj Act. Would the registration of the Arya Samaj marriage be null and void ...

Marriage Certificate question!!?
i go married on March 13th 2009 .. How Long does it take the original to arrive?
Additional Details
i live in California.. Los Angeles C...

Ladies do you always return the favor for your husband?
hope you know what i ...

Helpful ideas for romantic night?
i am planning a night with my husband and i have floating candles taper candles and flameless candles,rose petals for the bed but what else can i do to make it ...

First year anniversary approaching...what did you do for yours?
Our one year wedding anniversary is on a Sunday next month....but what I would like to do is make reservations where we had our reception and stay overnight (it is a historic Inn about 40 minutes ...

Legal marriage age in Canada?
whats the youngest two people can get married in Canada? it differs from province to province so that would help to know. try to get all of them, thanks!...

What would you have done in this situation!?
My husband works as a Correctional Officer at our Sheriffs Dept. A couple nights ago he got a picture mail from a chick he works with. Well, he has told me some of the things that she has done or ...

What can I expect at marriage counseling?
We have our first appointment next week and I wonder what will happen. what type of questions, etc. T...

Why man always wants to have other woman?

Has anyone ever married two different people with the same last name?
My ex husband and my new boyfriend have the same last name. My boyfriend talks about marriage.
The last name thing kind of freaked me out at first but after a while it was ok.
I just ...

AM I being unreasonable?
My husband and I have been together for six years, no children yet.He has a 12 year old boy who I adore and get along really well.
Long story short. When we live din New Orleans his ex-wife was ...

I need advice on leaving abusive baby daddy?
I live in Las Vegas and I want to leave with my daughter and go out of state. I am tired of being treated like a piece of trash. I just signed the declaration of paternity the other day which I ...

I'm going to be with a man who has 2 horrid, bottom-dwelling mongoloid children?
I hate his kids, but I think he's pretty neat. So what do I do?
Additional Details
One of the boys has a severe buck tooth mouth too....really embarrassing to be seen with....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links