Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

How do you love your parents when they hate each other?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you love your parents when they hate each other?

tragicangel33
Rating
Your parents hating each other has nothing to do with how you feel about them. Although I know it's hard when they don't get along, you can't take sides. Remain neutral and never get involved in their disagreements. If they try to get you involved, say I am not saying anything, this is between you two, not me. I love you both, and I am not going to play these games.
If you say this to them it will get them to thinking about how they are acting. Hopefully it will also make them see how foolish their acting. I wish you the best of luck!!

Giggly Giraffe
" Why Isn't My Family Perfect:

Some families really struggle. Every family has its ups and downs, but some families struggle with serious issues like divorce, alcohalism, mental illness, and physical abuse. If you are living in a family that is stuggling with problems like these, you probably want to cry out to God, "Why us?" And you should, because it isn't fair and it isn't the way god intends for us to live. If you are in a family situation like this, what can you do?

* Find support. See a counselor, join a support group, get active in a youth group. Find a place where you can belong in healthy ways.

* Talk to whoever in you family will listen. If it is affecting you, it is also affecting other members of your family. You can work together to find little tings to make your family better.

* Take action. IF someone is being seriously hurt or neglected, don't accept it. Call the police or a social worker <teacher, youth leader, priest>. Sometimes it takes an intervention from the outside for a family to get healthy again.

* Pray. Share your heart with God. Pray for your family, that it can grow healthier. Pray for yourself, that you can find the strength you need."

sphinx
damn instinct....u can never hate ur parents....cz deep down u know how much u owe them for at least bringin u to this world

pulchritudinous
They are your parents. YOU love them whether or not THEY despise each other.

blessedonengod
Rating
Love them anyways no matter how much they fight. They haven't done nothing to you. It's obvious they don't love each other and they need to divorce. That will solve that rpoblem real quick.

HunnyMommy
TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW IT IS AFFECTING YOU NEGATIVELY. LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY MUST COME TO SOME TERMS AND LIKE EACH OTHER, JUST FOR YOUR SAKE.

spriege
what does them hating each other have to do with you loving them. Listen, my parents arent together, but I still love them, and they still love me.. and they arent together because they have difference that they arent able to resolve or have tried to resolve but its not working out.. for example if you had a boyfriend and he had a sister or brother, and then you and your boyfriend split up , because you guys couldnt be with each other, you think his brother or sister should hate you because you guys cant or dont want to be with each other no more.. Think about it. .and whatever your parents are going through, BELIEVE ME ITS NOT UR FAULT, SO DONT BLAME URSELF!!!

Strawberry
their relationship is something has nothing to do with me loving them, my parents love each other, but if they were not.I'd still feel the same for them,because they are the reason I am here in this life.
No matter what, my love will always be the same.

grandm
Rating
Your relationship with your parents shouldn't have anything to do with their relationship with each other!

magerious
Realize that you are not a part of their problem. Their marriage is just that, THEIRs. Yes you are their kid, and therefore should be entitled to some peace, but sometimes the feelings of unacceptance and betrayal are so strong parents want to punish each other by lowering their spouse's "Stock" with the kids.

"Your daddy is a loser..."
"Your mother is a fat, lazy..."

Just take a moment to realize that your parents are having the hardest time of their lives, right now. And forgive them for not being able to cope with it all properly.

Give grace, and it will always find you again.

shawnthavirgo
Don't f*ck with them on the same day!

khansaab
Rating
There's plenty of peace in any home where the family don't make the mistake of trying to get together.

Elizabeth Dreams
Rating
Its easy.... they both love you.

fallenangel
They are both still your parents and you love them regardless, the fact that they hate each other is nothing to do with you and isn't your responsibility - its theirs. Carry on loving them both, and don't feel guilty about it, they might hate each other but they both still love you.

Wanna get down not the 1st night
Rating
Your feelings towards each other doesn't have to do with you, it has to do with them. Just because they're mad or whatever at each other, that doesn't mean that they don't love you. They do still love you. Give it time, if they both really care about you and care about your well being, they'll start to back off a bit.
Try talking to them both at the same time and let them know how you feel

missyjenn
Their ill will toward each other should NOT effect your love for them.

msqtech
individually

talk to them each about this and tell them the trouble you are having. Tell them how you feel when they hurt each other. Tell them how the arguing affects you.

I lived it and it hurts a lot.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

eiztirf2002
Rating
i care for both of them, i love my mom most and i hate my dady most,thats it!

Gigi
these are completely unrelated issues. your love for a person doesn't or shouldn't hinge on their relationships with other people. i know it puts you in the middle, but you have to love them for them, not for how they feel about each other. stay strong and love both of them because you love them, don't change how you feel about either of them because they hate each other.

angelbaby
You love them both even they may not like each other because they both are special to you in their own way, and hopefully their relationship doesn't affect your relationship with each of them.

jaimestar64cross
They don't really hate each other--- they just don't like each other because one can't get the other to change...it really hurts when the person you loved and had kids with messes up and you end up divorced.

belizeigram
It is easy , you have a certain kind of love for each of them . neither is better ,just different.

Ahdunno
Rating
You have to be neutral and not take sides

aam112
Because you know deep down that they love you back. The hardest thing is trying not to put your feelings in the middle of them. My parents are divorced and cannot stand to be near or even talk to each other, and i have had to learn that its not my fault and I am not to be put in the middle. Good Luck!!

vijay
Rating
You are the offspring of both the parents, it doesn't matter whether they hate each other or love each other. If they show their love to the children forgetting their differences children will also reciprocate.

f.harrison
they are your parents either together or apart. their relationship is nothing to do with you so just love them as they are two individuals.

cathy
Rating
hmm. goin thru the same thing... i hate their relationship but love them for wht they are

kristincoburn21
mine hate each other and i listen to them both talk crap bout each other but I never tell the other cause I don't want to hurt them. But to answer the question- think of it like this, how do they keep lovin you even when you piss them off or do something you know your not suspose to?
You just do.

kizzykay86
The love you're suppose to have for you're parents are unconditonal. Meaning not conditional( ex divorces, fighting, disagreements). Just like they are suppose to love you unconditonal

Tiffany
YOU JUST DO, MY DAD IS A DRUGGIE AND MY MOM GOES TO CHURCH EVERY TIME THE DOORS ARE OPEN. I STILL LOVE THEM BOTH,

tiff
Rating
Your relationship with your parents has nothing to do with their relationship with each other. During some events maybe you might invite your mother and not your father and vice versa. For the times when they both have to be present make sure you seat them away from each other and let them know ahead of time that you are not putting up with their bickering. If they want to bicker with each other they can do it at a later date. This is a special time for you and you do not want them to ruin it with their childishness.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I am not "in love with "you, what does she mean?
a old friend of mine told me that his wife said to him, "i love you but i am not in love with you." he knows there is something wrong in their marriage. he says that marriage shouldn't ...

Pictures of ex's -- what should I do with them?
I've recently been married and am about to relocate to England to be with my new wife. In my belongings are pictures of my (long been over) ex-wife (our wedding, vacation pics, etc). What should ...

Can someone tell me a least one positive thing about their spouse???

Do you think gay marriage should be legal?

My Husband Wants to have a...?
child of his own with me (I have two child). He can't even be there for my kids, or help with them, or take any responsibility with them. I hate to say it but he's not even a good step-...

My husband say he wants to be single again. What do you think he means by that?

How can I make my wife understand that its my job to mow the lawn & change oil. And hers is to cook & clean?
When I get home from work, I'm tired. All she has to do is stand at a cash register all day. The heavyest thing she has to lift is a 5 pound bag a sugar. I work hard for my money. She should ...

I'm Depressed & exhausted. I'm taking my kids & leaving my husband TODAY!PLEASE,any words of advice? ))) :

Additional Details
You are all so lovely!I have no family and very few close friends I can turn to, so to have so many people care enough to offer some support, has given me renewed ...

How would you feel if your husband of 12 years asked you to sleep with another women while he watched?

"Behind every successful man there is always a woman.". Agree or disagree?

How do you cope when you realise you married the wrong man?

Its my birthday today and my wife forgot. Anyone want to wish me happy birthday ? :(?

Will someone else even want me or am I damaged goods?
I'm 25 years old, been married for 5 years. I've been very unhappy in my marriage and my husband has hit me twice. Once (3 years ago) he punched me in my leg and last night he threw a ...

Should my father in law be able to feel my breasts and sleep with me if he wants to?? Husband says yes! Help!?
Every time my father in law comes to my house he is always winking at me giving me little sly smiles. At first I thought that I was just being paranoid but now i'm sure i'm not. Just the ...

I fear my children could be ugly. I am a handsome devil but my wife is pig ugly, what can I do to ensure?
that my children will not inherit her ugly genes?
Additional Details
Well done 'crystaluk662' you found me out but I think I am still better looking than my wife
And for ...

I kissed a man is that cheating? im married?
i have been married for 4.5 years and i love my husband. my marriage has been hell on earth we have gone through every thing i thought for years he cheated ( i found an unwrapped condom in his bag) ...

One doctor says sleep more, another says exercise more,boss says work more,wife says home more. What do I do?
What do I do when everyone doesn't realize I have everyone else pulling at me too. There are just not enough hours in a day....

I threw my cheating boyfriend out....?
and it hurts very much. He wants to come back but I am keeping him at bay till a time when I feel I can talk to him without being upset. He said "he doesn't know if he can wait" and ...

I am in love with a woman but not sure what to do with my wife?
My wife and are married for 5 years, she is 26 and I am 47. I loved her a lot but our relationships didn't work out and I fell out of love with her. I provided her with everything up until now ...

Does my wife has reason to complain?
On a weekly basis, I insist that my wife spends an afternoon baking me cakes. She has recently complained, stating that one of the servants should do it. She's quite right of course, and they ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links