Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

How much money should a man give his wife for allowance?
Find answers to your legal question.

How much money should a man give his wife for allowance?

nextelfan25
Rating
lol u are funny....

gblue52
Allowance?Wow that's a good one I haven't heard that since I was in school.(smile)If the wife is trying to hold the household down he needs to give her all of his money and she gives him the Alowance (ha-ha)

precious pat
Rating
Do men really give their wives allowance? Ummm, I have never heard of such a thing....

disk_dragon
Rating
lol allowence your not her dad let her help make financial decisions then shell understand how much can be spent

Metoo
Rating
A wife is not a child and does not need an "allowance."

Melly
Rating
A married couple's money is each other's, there is no "allowance" bull. You'd be suprised how many women are better at balancing the accounts than men, my mom is an example. Allowance is for kids, and if a man is treating his wife like a kid, she needs to get the hell out of there.

wvlass
Please tell me that you didnt ask that. How bout putting the money in an account so she can access to it as she needs it. There's nothing worse to a woman than to be treated like a child by her husband.

Scooter
The whole damn check! That is what my hubby does, do you know what I do with it? Pay bills, buy groceries, house hold items, get my nails done, Oh yes I do! (some times I even get my hair done oh my) What happens to the rest? I give him money as he needs it, see he is a real man he trusts me and lets me handle the finances, he usually only carries about 20 bucks on him at any given time, so when he needs money I give it to him, if I tell him to take it from my purse he will hand me my purse, he never ever digs in there, and guess what I am handicapped due to an accident I don't work and he brings home the Bacon and gives it to me! That is called a good ole fashioned honest trusting marriage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over your self and give her the bucks or she may just give you the boot!

martiismyname
Rating
How much does she want? I think that should play into it.

?
Rating
Give her your check when you get it and let her do the bills and the shopping. This sounds like a bad episode of the Dr. Phil show. I'm glad I have my own job and money. This question is just wrong.

Chica Creole
Rating
As much as she needs....

pinniethewooh
Rating
If she's running your household she knows what she needs and so should you...

Maggie Mae
Allowance? O.k. - it depends on what she needs to spend her "allowance" on. Is she buying groceries for the household? Is this money for clothing for herself and your children? You need to factor in what she is responsible to pay with it, and make a decision that will work for both of you. The term "allowance" kind of bothers me.....

Sally B
Sorry buddy, but in a marriage every thing you have is hers and everything she has is yours. There is no allowance. You both share the money responsibly. Both your names are on all accounts. She should be free to do the shopping and buy necessary items to run the household. You should be free to spend on home maintenance and lawn care as you see fit. Big decisions should be shared equally. This isn't brain surgery hear. Not hard to understand. You married her because you love, honor, respect and trust her.

jeanclaudefan
Rating
If she is a stay-at-home mom, my best opinion is you couldn't afford her "allowance" Read the following:

A full-time stay-at-home mother would earn $134,121 a year if paid for all her work, an amount similar to a top U.S. ad executive, a marketing director or a judge, according to a study released Wednesday.

A mother who works outside the home would earn an extra $85,876 annually on top of her actual wages for the work she does at home, according to the study by Waltham, Massachusetts-based compensation experts Salary.com.

tim b
At least 650.00 per week.

New beginnings
Rating
Allowance? Are women still rolling like that?

sinned
after divorce, she gets the larger "half".

*Alicia*
Well, i can give you a good idea of what my fiance and I do. Every week when he gets his check we put so much aside for bills, gas, food, etc. then whatever we have left we split in half. But we usually bank our money to save up to do something really nice. I mean it all depends on your income too. I hope this helped you out. Good luck! :)

Lu Lu ♥
Rating
All of it!!!

Anne E. W
Rating
LOL LOL my hubby just gives me his pay check

ashley l
the women should have all the money

Msdeb gee
I GUESS U COULD SAY I GET AN ALLOWANCE BECAUSE I DO NOT WORK BUT MY HUBBY ASKS HOW MUCH I NEED ND I TELL HIM HE ALWAYS GIVES ME A LIL MORE THAN I ASKED FOR AND I NEVER ASK FOR MORE THAN I NEED SO TRY ASKING

Dognose0
Rating
What kind of retarded 1950's line of thought is that? She can go get a job, or if not take what you feel like giving her. I thought women had equal rights? doesn't that mean if you don't work you get whatever people feel like giving you? My wife wouldn't give me an allowance if I didn't bring in my own money. And I wouldn't give her one either, we have too much respect for one another.

?
are you for real.. allowance ? don't she work.. is her name not on the check book..look if you are one of those men who believe the wife should not work and should not be on the check book and you Should be handling all the bills..well .. do you love her.. if you do think about this if you do it all then how will she be able to cope if you were to die before her..my bf knows nothing of fiances.. i am trying to teach him .. and he don't know about a check book either again i am teaching him.. i know hard to believe that this day and age someone 30 knows nothing about such stuff.. but if i die before him i want to know he is taken care of and that he can look after himself..if she does not have a job she needs one even only part time .. unless you are so wealthy that money don't matter .. in that case let her help with the family business that way when or if something happens to you she is not out in the dark and your children do not go hungry .. marriage is 50 /50...please don't tell me i am giving a bf who has lived with me for 6 months more consideration than some who has married you..i know me and him will never marry because of how he fells and i am good with it.. i have been there and done that..but if you have been together for years and she dont know how to handle the finaces you will need to over look everything she does.. i would hate to see you have to file bankrupty like my brother law did because his new wife knew nothing about budgetting..

Special K
None, they should be equal partners and if an allowance has to be given it should be 50/50.

Shem
Rating
for starters shes not a child so she doesn't get an allownace..I think if you gave her 90% of your wage then thats fair enough!

Rio Madeira
What do you mean, allowance? Did you marry your preteen daughter or something? Let her earn her own damn money.

?
however much that she deserves

gettysdeemer
A wife shouldn't have an allowance that sounds childish. Ask your wife how much money does she really need for personal and things around the house and tip her with something extra maybe she'll have special outfits for you when you get home.

kim
Rating
your not her father!!!tell her to get a JOB!!!

if you are not allowing her to get a JOB, then she should keep up with the finances.

terri
No mixedup, that's not normal. I'm in ca-oops with my hubby because he won't give me half the money once he came back to live with me from him cheating on me. He claims I'm going to get the same amount of money b4 he left. I found out he makes more than he's telling me and I asked him to reconsider paying the full rent instead of me paying half. I didn't feel comfortable him claiming it's an allowance and he could not give me anything and pay everything himself. If he did that, he would be more in control of our money and blow it all cause he don't know how to spend it properly. You should try to get your husband to open a joint account and that you need access to the money if you need it or something happens to him. This way you can have more spending privileges.

mixedup
hmmm im offered an allowance as well.........im a 50 yr old remarried 3 yrs women and now only just put off work , i was working b4 i met my husband , he was a divorced man at the time and his children dont talk to him and he owns a mechanical workshop, since i was put off work i have no income only what my husband earns and he pays all the bills from his workplace and we do not have any joint accounts which wipes out a card for me to use to access any money and he wants to put $100 in my account at the end of the week and he will pay the bills but i find he doesnt ask if i need any money for food etc and i really hate to ask for it so i dont , i do cook and house clean and i also did that as well when i was working ,i do have my own bills that i have to pay as well so i use that $100. until i do find another job , he says he doesnt have money and that we have to budget now that im not working,which i understand, but if he wants to buy something he does like $ 500 tickets to see a concert then tells me we are going to a concert ,what i wanted to know is , does this sound normal cause it sure as hell dont feel like it is, it seems that he wants all the benefits of a marriage as long as i keep myself .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it ok to have a crush on a married man if I feel we were meant to be together?
I am in love with a married man and I feel there is mutual chemistry that he feels too. If we were meant to be together but he got married before meeting me his true love then isn't it worth ...

Is 18 To young to get engaged?

What is a woman's part in a relationship, besides cleaning and cooking?

What's the worst thing an ex-partner has done to you?

Who is more important ...spouse or kids??

Can I throw my wife of 5 years out of our house and move my new girlfriend in?
my wife wants to stay and said that she will comply with all rules if I let her sleep in the spare room I admit she would have nowhere to go but I dont really want my girlfriend to see her first ...

Friend is seeing a married guy?
i know this sounds bad but she is totally in love with him. she is a lovely pretty girl who could have anyone she wants and shes putting her life on hold being this guys mistress. she works with him. ...

Is ogling a bad habit or normal male behavior?
Whenever Wondering Wife is out with her Ogling Spouse, she often catches him checking out other women. Ogling Spouse thinks he is being discreet, but his wife catches him ogling women all the time. W...

How can my partner leave his family?
i am in a relationship with a man who has tried to leave his partner, but he cant find the courage to do so, we are in love but his two youngest children are in pieces and his two eldest have ...

If you found out your spouse was having an affair. Would you want the other's spouse to know about it?
Your spouse is having an emotional/cyber/phyisical affair with another married person. You find out, and get apologies from spouse and other person. Should the other person's spouse be told? If ...

What do you find most attractive in your mate, other than looks?

Can a man's heart love two women ???
Can your hubby heart love 2 woman, one the wife the other a third party. Love and care at the same time. i find it rather ridiculous.
Please advise....

What would you have done?
This is heavy on my mind. I am seperated by my choice, my ex was not as willing to let go. After 2 months of seperation, he knocks on my door and wants my wedding ring back. (We were married 8 ...

Why are you on here at 12.20 in the morning uk time?
i'm bored + tv is rubbish, my husband's in bed already & snoring so i wont get to sleep anyway for ages
Additional Details
So many people from all over the world replying ...

My husband just told me he isn't as turned on by me anymore...?
we are both 34 and only married 8 months.......he says I've gained weight....I'm only a size 16!! Any opinions? By his ChOICE, we are only intimate once every 3 or 4 weeks....
A...

My wife and I disagree. My son turns 18 next week and she is pissed because I want to?
take him to Tijuana ansd get him laid for his birthday.She says it's a bad idea and hasn't spoke to me for almost a week. I told her that this is a good time for him and I to do some male ...

Is being with another woman considered cheating?
I'm married (to a man) but I've recently discovered I'm bi. Would it be considered cheating if I hook up with this chick I met? What would be the best way to not get caught? My husband ...

Was I wrong?
My son is off of summer school, and Ima stay at home mom and my son was out skateboarding yesterday and he asked me if his friend can spend the night, so I said yes by the way theyre 14 y old. I ...

We never do anything!..I am getting bored.?
Ok, so my boyfriend and I are getting married in july. I love him and I love spending time with him but...we never do anything. Example. Today we stayed home all day and he slept from 11-2 and then ...

Why do people pretend to be somehting there not?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links