Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

If a spouse or SO cheated in last marriage does that mean they will with current partner?
Find answers to your legal question.

If a spouse or SO cheated in last marriage does that mean they will with current partner?

Additional Details
I didn't say he. Women cheat as well. This Q&A is for informational purposes only.

scoobychick
Rating
no they won't. I have cheated in every relationship i have ever been in (except my current one-and we are getting married in a few months) you just have to find the "one" that treats you the way u should be treated.

Lizzie81
Rating
They do say once a cheater always a cheater. But i believe there's someone out there for everyone. my hubby's dad cheated on his first wife, divorced, married for a second time, divorced and now has another gf. in each instance he cheated on his wife. but now he says he's found the one. I dont believe him, i think he's just a ladies man

caaaad
It depends on whether they learned from the first experience. They have to take responsibility for their actions and not repeat the past. Its hard to build trust with someone new if they know about the past indiscretions. If i were the cheater I would take whatever actions were necessary to make sure I could be trusted and that I was able to forgive myself. I think its a mistake to share my past with someone unless it could be a positive in building a relationship.

jasmine d
Rating
not neccessarily...but I do think they have got to learn something from being caught at cheating....and understand why they did it....why it was wrong ....and personally vow to learn not to do it again....they will also need a change of heart....not just be sorry that they got caught cheating....because cheating can become a serial behaviour unless the cheater really makes an effort to mend his/her ways : )

Alex
There is an old saying "once a cheater always a cheater." This usually rings true. If he cheated on his ex for you, what is to stop him from cheating on you as well if someone else comes along that infatuates him?

Sarafina
Rating
It's VERY likely. Once a cheater, always a cheater...

90% of relationships that begin with infidelity DON'T survive though :)

(I LOVE that part.)

jude
i think its about character, and if they cheat with u they will cheat on u when they get tired of u too. the past is a good predictor of the future. eventually i think people get older, settle down and just decide to stop cheating.but i don't think people change all that much and if they cheated before they will do so again.

Pete Rock
Rating
Depends. Maybe eventually.

jumpinjupiter69
If they cheated before, they will no doubt do it again. Find someone that knows what the word commitment means.

Good Luck

me
Rating
NO ! but thats me I've been through it

Kal
Rating
Probably, but not necessarily. I wouldn't trust someone if they did that. Who does he blame, the ex wife or himself? Does he feel any remorse about it? Also, one other question - was it you he cheated with? If yes, then a relationship that starts with infidelity will not have the integrity it needs to last.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are there legal steps against "Gold Diggers"?
Ok, I know this is not a legal term, however what usually happens legally (if possible) when a man is in this position - thousands of dollars in debt, cant get a job now because of garnishes,...

I meet a guy and he wants to marry me but I'm married and he wants me to divorce my husband. What should I do?

Can you have a "crush" on somebody if you are married?
I went back to college and met this great girl, I had a crush on her and it was only a fantasy. I just felt great doing things with her and I had to quit college. She e-mailed me to let me know she ...

Why do I dream with her nightly?
I had a wonderful relationship with my best friend. She and I were so close but never became anything else other than best friends. I had so many problems with her family because I would "make ...

Help me decipher his actions., what does this stuff mean?
I am interested in an older guy who's never been married. Anyways, here are some things he does. What do they mean cuz I am clueless.

1. When we talk in public he seems to walk me to ...

Are premarital inventories useful?
I am getting married in June. We are having a non-denominational wedding and will not have premarital counseling through a church or elsewhere. I was considering taking a "premarital inventory&...

How do I show her how much I love her?
My wife is going through a hard time right now she lost our baby two months ago. She is blaming herself for the loss of our baby but now she's afraid that I might leave her because she lost our ...

Wife has gone to prison for drugs should i divorce her?

Should we move back or stay?
I am originally from New Orleans but currently living in CA bay area. My husband is attending law school at Berkeley so that's the reason we are in CA. I'm attending CSU which is great, but ...

My girlfriends mom wants her to marry me, how can i get my dad to do it?
her mom is a ***** and wants her to leave. im 16 she is 15. we can get married by parent concent but my dad doesnt waant me to. how can i get him to let me marry her?...

Do you keep things from your spouse?
Or do you tell them everything?...

How do I recieve reprsentation for a divorce? My husband works while I am on SSI unable to work?
how do I recieve reprsentation for a divorce? My husband works while I am on disibilty?? He wants me to pay child support? WTF? Also says I am not allowed any assests or alomoney payment and he want&#...

Is it possible? And what are the drawbacks?
I want to sleep for 2 hours only day and night in the coming 10 days. Is that ok and did any of you have done that? I have a lot of work to do and that is the main reason....

What should i do in order to the divorce and be able to make my wife and her boy friend pay ?
i married my wife with good faith for 2 years. i have always told her that i loved her regardless her size, and never disrespected her, and loved her kindness, however she a low self esteem problem ...

I think my dad is cheating on my mom.?
well on the computer ive been seeing all these dating sites in the favorites on the computer. also my dad is always on the computer. im getting scared i dont wanna tell my mom i think this.. hes also ...

Where do i get a marriage license near boron CA?

I'm very sad and starting to feel depressed?
Today my boyfriend left to go back to NYC, and then he's going to Iraq for a year. I'm so sad, i can't stop crying. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. Please help me!...

I know it seems a bit pathetic but?
Hey. My mom and her partner are planning to move into a 2 bed terrace that he alrady owns, in which will accommodate five people all week. I don't want this, but I want somewhere I can call my ...

Your first love? do you still miss them?
you probably thinking why i care,
well i am wondering how people felt about their first love and if they still think about them even when so much time has gone by.
I lost my first love ...

Iam so mad of my gf but she is not much interested in me, can i marry her? will she change & love me as before?
Me & my gf are in love for 5 years but we broke up 2 years back due to parents & she was ready to mary other guy, but i was so mad of her & i went again to her to apologise, now she is ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links