Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Is it wrong to fall in love with a married man while being married yourself too?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it wrong to fall in love with a married man while being married yourself too?

my marriage is on the verge of a breakup and in the meantime i have fallen in love with another man who is married. his relations with his wife are just okay.both of us need emotional support but i cant bring my conscience to carry on , thinking that i might be breaking his home.he says its okay coz both of us are not gods and both of us need each other emotionally.i am very confused coz it is giving me mental stress every single day.my conscience is fighting with my emotions. i dont know what to do .please help..........!

Frank S
Rating
Go for it! And then in the back of your mind when you are with him you will always wonder if the scumbag is giving someone else the same line behind your back.

Matter of fact, you aren't much better. Get out of a marriage first before screwing around.

Aaron W
OK to feel the feelings... wrong to act on them.

spanky
youre only going to get yourself into more emotional stress by being aroiund this married man.

freyas_kin28
Rating
Well, it's certainly not the best possible scenario, lol. Forget it...it ain't going to happen the way you've got it worked out in your head.

bazaar_bhangra
that is called an affair

sexynana
LORD do think you are the only one that has trouble with their husband we all . you are married to this man till you devoice no it it not right for you to have a fair with this man . and itis not right to break up his marriage how would would you this women did this to you. plus he might be just saying this you . and i dought he is going to leave his wife . people need to read the bible when it comes to this. it well answer all your question.

fungirl
Rating
yes it is wrong and you know it is that is why you are fighting with yourself. if your marriage is truly over, then you need to get a divorce. if you need emotional support find a female friend or go to counseling. leave this man alone. if his marriage is truly over, then he should get a divorce too. then and only then should you be together. i know it's hard because you do love him but you are going to have to make a conscience effort to stay away from him until you get your life in order. no phone calls, no lunches, no innocent cups of coffee, no emails, nothing. i'm not saying stop loving him because that is probably not going to happen. but you have to finish reading chapter 1 before you go on to chapter 2.

i hope this helps and i hope everything works out for you.

Pimpstick
Rating
Sounds like a Sandra Bullock movie.If you can't save your marriage you better make sure he loves you before you ruin his.

swt-bby-gl-69
their are a few things that I firmly believe in,and one of them is "don't mess with another woman's man" it just isn't right! they may just be having problems right now & dont need you adding more!so either work on your marriage or find someone single!

?????
Are you sure that he wants to leave family if not why u want to b reason for that, there are so many lives around 1 marriage. u r need is emotional support hope this guy is not using u physically or either way. Physical attraction is something different than emotional tie up.

duhgbert
I don't think anyone can control the way they feel about something or someone, so I don't think it is inherently "wrong" to fall in love with someone, regardless of marital status.

It IS wrong to act on those emotions and feelings while being married. If you or he are in anyway acting in a manner which you would not want your spouses to know, it is wrong wrong wrong!

Lu Lu ‚ô•
Of course it is wrong. Where the hell is your head at. If your marriage is so horrible then get out but leave the married men alone, You already are a homewrecker and I dont feel one bit sorry for you. Are you always gonna let some man tell you what you should feel or what is right or wrong? Grow a spine lady and make your own judgements.

louise
Rating
to late you have already broke his home, you both should have thought of that before hand, and think about who you are married to and why you got married in the first place. im sorry if this hurts, yes i no your only human and alot do this, so all i can do is say do what your heart wants, but just think about things first ok. good luck

sarah c
Rating
Go to a counselor. I'm sure you need some emotional support to go through the breakup but you don't need to break up the other guys marriage as well.

blueJean
first settle the marriage you're in, than resolve to wait, because this is when you'll be vulnerable and a married man looking for some side action will always look and sound good, but is not traveling far from home.
give yourself some downtime and get to know yourself, the possibilities are not in your favor of a relationship going right with constant upheaval in your emotions.
you are in a great dilemma and you need some advise for sure but be VERY careful how soon you dive into a relationship.
it's one thing to be in love and scared about it but in double-jeopardy, man, the loss is tenfold.
please take the time for YOU and get through this as a whole person rather than crushed and brokenhearted.

Harsh...!
Rating
you are absolutely wrong... remove the third person and patch-up with your hubby...

you must be having ego... right? it has no place in married life... good luck...

‚ô•Sabre‚ô•
Rating
Your having a hard time with your marriage yes but dont try and break his up so that you can be together.
You dont know that he will be with you once he leaves his wife.
He may need you or so he says.. but for how long?
Try and give your marriage another chance -

Adamsmommy86
Hell yes it is wrong. Both of you are in the wrong. Haven't you ever heard of a marriage counselor or a divorce instead of cheating on your husband if your really not happy and it's not fixable you guys need to break up then and you tell the other man you don't want to keep seeking him for comfort leave the guy alone from now on and work it out with your husband tell him what you did and if he leaves why should you care if your really not happy being married to him. If you were you wouldn't have done this to him.

Archangel
I am not judging, but speaking from experience most of us men will lead a woman on saying that our marriage is rocky and that we are looking to get out. Don't be fooled and don't be responsible for breaking up a family. End your relationship with this man until he and you are divorced, afterwards when both of you are available make a go at a relationship. This way you wont feel the stress and guilt, if he really loves you he will wait, if not then he isn't worth your time.

I do not condone divorces, and know that as long as you or him have someone else in your lives you will not try your 100% to solve your problems in your marriage (what happened to me). You already have a foot out the door, or a backup plan.

Your marriage can still work, no matter what! As long as you are willing to make a go at it. I have been married now for almost 16 years, and we are extremely happy now. We worked past my affair and I have NEVER cheated on her again. Good Luck hope you find happiness as I have.

lollipop
Rating
He is going to tell you what he thinks you want to hear and what it takes to keep you in bed. You are very wise to wait until both of you are single before seeing this man. Right now it is too easy to mistake perceived compassion for true love. If it is love, he will wait for the right time.

mandy
Rating
hi this is mandy
i think if there is not good relation between his and his wife,he should have to leave her , and he should have to marry with you.
have a nice married life

dipti prakash
love with damaging other life not a blessing of God.but love with all sacrifices is real blessing of God.u love one but why other will sacrifice for u .u have fallen in love with other man who is already married.I do not think urs love will bloosom with him getting blessing of God where as a other person will immolate for it.do not try to hurt other.if want to love then love humanity then off course u will be loved by God.try to make u understand that and also to your lover.just concentrate on other thing and to what for u can sacrifice.it is more important to a be a perfect human being than a perfect lover.

lizutza
it is important to have a clean conscience.i know how u are feeling.u don't know what to do:to listen to ur heart or ur mind?if u say this stresses u dayly then...re u sure u didn't meet the wrong guy again?i wish u luck.u know what u have to do!not others!

Common Sense
Do not commit adultery...

April
Rating
Get your head back on straight.....do not carry on with a married man, hon.... you think your brain is screwy rabbit now, you have no idea how much worse you are going to be.... It ain't okay.

barley
Rating
its unethical..immoral...illegal ..unreligious..anti-social.
its all the bads girl. but what do we do of this heart ???
im sure it will bring lots of shame if you have an affair or marry this guy ...after all...its wrong.
the best would be to break all bonds with this guy and focus on marriage ,,, whys it breaking ??? work on it. if it still seems bleak ..befor making hasty decissions ... SECURE yourself ... are you qualified enough ? save.. make yourself secure financially..and babe then ask your emotinal supporter .. is he willing to let go his wife ? sweetheart ... falling out of luv with someone ..not wantin to be with him anymore ... is understandable but why WANT a substitute? Handle yourself ... hearts ...are not supposed to rule our heads ...once awhile ok.
And why i suggest marriage etc ..cos an affair is an affair ..looked badly upon.
good luck..

Chix D
Yes it's wrong to go through with it, but it's definitely understandable. When your marriage is sour, I can surely see how easily it would be to get the attention you need and just do what your heart wants, but you have to put your mind back into it. Decide what you want and if you really want each other, you must first get out of the marriage, both of you. I'm in a bad relationship now and if I had something to look forward to, I would feel the same as you. Just make sure you really know what you want before you do it.

ms rodriguez
First of all stop . You willnot find happiness with someone elses leftovers. You need to think about how the wife would feel that you broke up her home not to mention your own marrieage. You are searching for attention also you want to be loved and accepted. You may have some unrealistic expectations of your marriage. Go to counseling first then go individually to dig deep and find out what is empty also missing in you . It is a fantasy you have because you actually want to be with your husband deep down and trying to escape it by getting back at him with someone elses husband. Not smart nor safe. I beg you to go or figure out if you and he want this then if not resolve it ammicably then go to heal you and get on with your life. Find out what you want and is important to you. TAke himout of the equation. I promise you when you sitdown and think about the reasons your marriage is not working for you there will be lessons you will learn of your own behaviors.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What If This Happened To You....?
You've been married for 4 months.
Whenever you want to go visit your parents for the weekend, your husband keeps making excuses why you can't go (we can go together but I can't go ...

How can I get my wife to????????
get interested in a site like this (she's terminally shy and I think she might enjoy it ) no matter what I've tried she just feels embarrassed and cant make herself join in
Additional ...

Should a wife/mother put her husband or children first?

How would you feel if your husband said this to you?
"Get out of my face, you're bugging me."
"If you leave me I'll take this kid and the one in your belly, too."
"If you take my kids, I'll find you and ...

Is it ok for married men to go to strip clubs?
I mean, I know that they do, but how many wives are actually ok with it? And if you are ok with it, what sort of behavior do you expect from him while he is there?
If he lied to you about going ...

Why do I often look at (check out) attractive women, even in front of my wife with a low self-image.?

Additional Details
I know she had image issues when I met her. But this only makes things between us worse. I do not want to be the cause of pain and I should know better. And how can I ...

My wife is cheating.....?
she has asked me for divorce, she has had two affairs with 2 different married men in the past 3 months. Now she has filed for divorce. I don't want a divorce. What can I do? Neither of the ...

My husband wants to take my little boy's money help?!!!!?
Hi there let me give you some background. My husband used to have a good job and make sufficient money . I stay at home mom bc I have a baby and I take my little boy 7 yr old to auditions and ...

Should I leave my cheatin husband?
OK I have been married a year and and almost 2 months my husband has cheated one me he says he didn't but I know he did he used my credit card renting a room he alos gave me cervical cance and ...

Can my marriage be saved?
About 2 months ago my husband of 3 years lost his mother in a car accident.At the time I was overseas in the UK working on a business deal.He asked me to fly back but when I tried explaining to him ...

My husband threatened me..?
My husband has been drinking a lot in the past 2 years, it has gotten to the point to where he comes home so drunk he will fall asleep wherever he sits, or lays down. A month ago his daughter called ...

Found my husband of 3yrs picture on a dating website?!!! When is enough enough?
He claims that a friend of his did this as a joke and that he thought it was already deleted. He was listed as looking for a female 18-24 yrs. He was divorced. blah blah blah.I am extremeley hurt b/...

Can i get a restraining order against my husband after he hit me 3 days ago. I have bruises.?

Tell me the 2 top things to keep a marriage together.?

Additional Details
oh NO!....I CAN'T possibly pick a best answer from all these.....what to do?........

What is the best advise you have gotten or can give about having a long and happy marriage?

My sisters husband is paying me to not to tell my sister! Is this a good idea?
Today I just caught my older sister's husband with another women! When I came up to them, I started yelling and telling him I'm going to tell my sister on him. He then beg me not to say ...

Is it right to be in love with someone who is married
im in love with someone, we have been having a relationship for nearly the past year, we were freinds who developed feelings for one another. We both slpit because we knew we were doing wrong.
N...

I haven't loved my husband for sometime. I've told him. Can he change?
I'm in the spare room and really want out but am so scared. I adore someone else but cannot act on it as I don't want an affair. What would you do. I REALLY don't fancy my husband<...

I do not think I lied, but should it really come to DIVORCE????
Every payday I have been putting money into a seperate account as sort of an emergency fund or to pay for things just in case the other account was low. I used this money to pay for all four of our ...

Husband is serial adulterer!?
Been with my hubbie for 12 years, 2 beautiful children. Just moved to dream home. Have discovered husband registering on dating sites for the umpeenth time. Has had 2 affairs already. What should I ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links