Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

My husband always says "I love you" everytime right before we hang up the phone or leave each other.?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband always says "I love you" everytime right before we hang up the phone or leave each other.?

I know its a good thing, but can you say "I love you" too much, to where there is really not a lot of meaning behind it anymore? Please answer!! Thanks

roundhousefan
You can never say "I love you" too much.

Just trying to help
No, this is what polite spouses do. Especially if there are other women around - say at work- . He establishes to them that he is happily married and that they need to back off.

Just think, if he STOPPED saying it how would you feel???

razor_sharp_redhead
I've actually thought about this before - my husband tells me he loves me everytime we hang up (twice usually, lol) and when he's leaving. And I've wondered if it's habit of if its sincere...then I remind myself there could be a lot WORSE habit for him to have. If he's in the habit of saying too much - I'd say what better habit for a husband to have? Some women would give anything to hear it just once....why complain about hearing it too much?

Monkey Mo! AWAY! VROOOOM
Heavens no. If you don't love him you may say it to much but other than that lord no you cant say i love you to much!

rachel
when he stops saying it, you'll miss it.

~Love me for me~
I would rather have it too much, than not at all.

NO...

That's his way of being affectionate and showing affection. And tomorrow is not promised to anyone. You would sure have an issue if he never said, barely said, or decided never to say it again.

Now if he is not a loving person and just used those words as if they meant nothing to you are to him... then that would not be a good thing.

Ask yourself... do you feel loved by him? Does he display love for your as easily as he says the words? Would you feel differently if he never/barely said those words? What true harm is it doing?

Raven S
in my opinion, that can happen, but only if you allow it to.

FaZizzle
The meaning itself is never lost, although the impact of it may be lost. My husband has told me the same thing every day for the past 4 years. It doesn't mean anything less to me, mainly because I know there's emotion behind it. It's not just out of habit.

~Twisted Sister~
Rating
You're lucky, some people don't have anyone who loves them. Count your blessings.

Jimena S
Rating
what if one of you dies? At least you were able to tell them you loved them one more time.

Airlantiss
I think as long as his actions reflect his words then it's great. I tell my husband I love him all the time and yes sometimes without even knowing I am saying it, but it really is how I feel. It is when I am not saying it, that he should worry....LOL

~!!LoveMheLikeaSong!! ~
Rating
how i wish my husband say that to me ....well your hubby is sweet and i guess he meant it when he say he loves you.saying I love you is fine as long as the people saying it he really mean it.

Evoljz_Girl
Rating
Actions speak louder than words. If he stops saying it, then worry. For now, just be happy.

iyamacog
I understand totally! My husband does the same. And it almost became annoying, because it lost it's meaning. It's more important to me that he shows me. LIke the saying goes....
actions speak louder than words.....

49er fan
Rating
I think he means it some days more than others but as long as he truly means it i rele don't see anything wrong with saying it everytime u get off the phone.

Rx
Sometimes when I talk to someone and hang up without saying "I love you" it doesn't feel right. It's not like I will call them back and say oh I forgot to say I love you but its out of habit and sometimes I think what if that was the last conversation I will have with them?

?
Be thankful he does say it

flipwhip
i do it with my wife too

jannetta c
There can be meanig behind it.But if you don't say I liove you bake he will think that something is wrong with the picture.

Queen_Of_The_ATL
Rating
maybe he just wants to make sure u never forget how much he loves u.

Peaches22
Rating
Be graceful, theres alot of women that barely get it once a day

Bwilkerson
Rating
No, I don't think it can be said too much. It will always have meaning as long as you and your husband really do love each other.

zappafan
Rating
My wife and I say I love you to each other everytime we talk on the phone and lots of times when we are with each other - I dont think it is something you can see or hear too many times at all - we have been together 2 years and married for 8 months and it has been like that for most of that time, I dont think it will ever diminish.

Danny
It's good that he says I love you before hanging up the phone or before he leaves to go out some where or even before you go to bed.
You can never say it enough, I mean what if for what ever reason one day he's gone, at least you would have said I love you before he went right?

When I was little the next morning my Dad was gone, he died. My Mom and Dad were separated at the time.
So I think you can never say I love you to much, because every time you say it it means so much more.

Farah G
Rating
do you mean it? then it;s fine. my husband and I used to and we stopped and now we almost never say it. I would rather go back to saying it too much.

Ramzi
Rating
try simply a kiss just before leaving or if its on the phone give him a phone kiss

kathylouisehall
I always say I love you to my boyfriend and especially to my 17 year old son before we ahng up the phone--even if we are arguing--what if something tragic happened to that person on the way home? The you'd know that they knew that you loved them.
I think those words can not be overused. Plus, I don't want to be that person wrought with guilt over not saying it to the people I loved before they died.

Marjery B
You can never say "I love you" too much!! How wonderful!!
For fun, beat him to the punch!!
Try it in different languages Je t'aime!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should i cheat?
my husband cheated on me for a whole year with another woman. i have suggested counseling to get help us move on, but he refuses to go, saying that he does not want to re-live the experience. i am ...

Is my husband lying to me?
I just found out that my husband has a friendship with a girl and her family for over 20 years. We have separted and he is spending time with her and her family. He claims he feels comfort with ...

Recently my husband cheated on me just the after we go married what should i do forgive him or divorce him?
He cheated on me with my sister who is allready married and she is now pregnate because on ...

I slept with my wife's mother. Why won't my wife speak to me?
She has been so mean to me since this happened. First she hid the remote control in the toilet and then she wrote me hateful, hurtful notes saying things like "you're a pig/i hate you,"...

Would you stay?
About a month ago I was offered an amazing job opportunity that would require me to move a 2 day drive from my home town.Two weeks ago my husband of 5 years was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia, ...

My wife went thru my briefcase and found a receipt for where I took my girlfriend on vacation last December.?
We've been married 4 years now (no kids), and now she's all pronked off cause I took this other woman to Florida. I say she's got no right to be pronked, cause she SNOOPED where she ...

I'm 18 married and have a big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
what do you do when your husband keeps talking to an ex and tells you their just friends, and she's telling you stuff like "if you and him weren't together then we'd be together&...

Help... wife is no longer attractive?
i still get hit on soemtimes by other females..so i feel liek its not fair to me....
Additional Details
ok so she was a hottie like ten years ago..like a real hottie...

Husband asked me a ridiculous question.?
My husband and I have been married for 6 years now, we have three kids. Yesterday he asked me a question about my past lovers. He wanted to know what I had done with them that I haven't done ...

Is she cheating on me?
My wife sent an e-mail to my sister's husband telling him:

"I am confused because I've been thinking of you all this week, at work you come to my mind and work gets less ...

Should I trust my husband?
I have been married for just over a year and two days ago I accidentally opened an email in my husbands account. It contained an email thread between him and one of his work friends (a 21 year old ...

Should I tell my boss' wife that he has been cheating on her for YEARS?
I am looking for another job. I am so tired of covering for him. He is the owner of the business, but his favorite things to do is play golf and run around with his friends, including his ...

What is the norm for how often couples's see each other?

After some convincing. I agreed to go out with a guy I'd spent a couple of weeks getting to know.

I thought we were having a good time, his friends and family seemed to ...

Would I be out of line for leaving my husband over a video game?
so there is 24 hours in a day and my husband works 9 hours and that leaves 15 more hours of the day left.half an hour after he gets home ( and in that half an hour he eats and takes a crap).Then he ...

My parents are always fighting. I'm afraid they're going to get a divorce. Can I do anything to stop them?
My parents are always at it. I'm 15 and I really don't want my parents to get a divorce. Can I say anything to make them stop arguing for my sake and for my little six year old brother'...

If your husband...?
cheats or 'has an affair' whith someone else why yall are stull married and you find out, is that a good enough reason to file a divorce? i mean, all of your trust for him has completely ...

What do you do with an insecure wife? Does your wife ever keep asking you this?
She keeps asking me if I love her. Of course I do and I tell her of course I do but she gets insecure and asks me frequently,always needs continual reassurance. Im getting exasperated to be honest,I ...

Do i tell him about the baby?
i am 3 months pregnant with my ex boyfriends baby. im 24 and was madly in love with this man but i was more in love with him, than him with me.im interested in someone else & he says hes into me ...

Is it right to tell a christian woman to leave her abusive husband?
I have a mission to empower on the lessons of living, loving and learning, and as i go about this mission, i am often faced with the dilema of Gods word "I hate divorce" and advicing a ...

My wife constantly complains. Do you think there is a big problem with us?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links