Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

My husband berates me because he falsely believes I am lying or deceiving him. Why?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband berates me because he falsely believes I am lying or deceiving him. Why?

I would never cheat on him. I am paying our bills with my paycheck but he believes that I am keeping money from him. I don't know where he thinks I would be hiding money from him, or why. He has a savings account in his name alone. Everything that I am paying comes out of a joint checking account. He has access to all information. He is controlling and domineering and out of the blue accuses me about not telling him exactly what I am paying when. Don't you think it would be enough that I am paying the bills with my check? He says that is HIS money too! HELP!

pragmatism_rules
Your husband is a controlling abuser. And in his eyes, you and everything you think you own (including money) is HIS property. Many such abusers will falsely accuse their victims deliberately in order to make you work double-time to prove you are not deceiving them...or in an effort to make you give up everything so they will believe you. Also, they can accuse you to deflect blame from their own actions (ie. a cheating spouse will often claim that their innocent spouse is the one who is cheating).

It doesn't matter what you do as it will never ever be enough. Hire a lawyer and divorce your husband. If you do not, it is just a matter of time before he starts with the physical abuse. Good luck and God bless!

sheloves_dablues
Your husband is a classic abuser.

Trust me, his behaviour will only get worse as time goes by. Get out of the marriage while you still can.

eldots53
Simple. People accuse others of that which they are doing themselves. Ask yourself why HE has his own personal savings account? And says that YOUR money is his - but the reverse is not true? You are right, he is controlling and domineering. And he is probably lying to you and cheating on you.

Time to turn the tables, honey. Take YOUR next paychecks and start building your own private savings account. This will enable you to hire a good divorce lawyer or to finance your escape. You will need it. Let his accusing rear end help pay the bills.

bada bing bada boom
Rating
In my experience, people act this way to cover up their own guilt.

I had a similar experience. All my paychecks went to the joint account and my husband controlled it. He was suspicious of me, he accused me of having affairs, which was not true. I had a new born premature child (my other children were teenagers), I worked, studied, cooked, cleaned, shopped for the family and did everything. But still I couldn't satisfy him.

He took my 'tiredess' or 'fatigue' as a sign of sleeping with other men. If I was in a good mood, he took it as 'I had a good time with a man'. I didn't know how to act around this man. He treated me badly. I was so upset that I just withdrew myself from everything. Our relationship went bad. Then he took a job overseas and started an affair with a married coworker. Still treated me badly. He paid for the rent and bills and I covered the other expenses plus my studies, still he doubted that I had money saved somewhere or gave to someone. I found out about the affair a few years after he returned. Not to mention, he had two other affairs in the beginning and in the middle of our marriage. We've been married for 34 years.

Ray
Rating
why are you still with him.do you enjoy being treated this way?

AmBeautiful
If you dont believe you can do any better than him, then you cant.

DM
Rating
Obviously he equates money with power.

Take that away from the situation. Use money as the tool it really is.

Sit down and do the bills TOGETHER. Show him the spreadsheet and how to read it. Make plans TOGETHER about money and how to use it.

Same for him- all money into the marriage should be dealt with TOGETHER. Save, as a team. Spend as agreed.

If he won't do this then talk with him about counselling- it's money- not power.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should I stay with my husband? How can I forgive him?
I have been with my husband for 6 years. We have 2 young children. The oldest is my step son and we had the youngest together. I always loved my husband so deeply. Unfortunately, he cheated on me 5 ...

saving my virginity till marriage?
if i was saving my virginity until marriage,but the man i wanted to marry wasn't a virgin,would he find me weird and would it be awkward?...

Why do we close our eyes when we kiss?
Because most people dont look so good up close?
Because we'd go cross-eyed?

Suggestions?
Additional Details
ACE you know what they say - keep your friends close and ...

Why would someone do this to me? (something happened last night on my way home)?
So last night i was on my way home from my moms and i was doing 60 in a 60 mind you and there is this curve on the road this guy in his Explore was waiting till like i was right on top of him and ...

How long will this relationship last?
Let's say a girl and a guy dated each other in college for 5 months, now the girl had to move away and they can only see one another, at most, once every 2 months. They would have to wait at ...

Is a man worth fighting for?
My next door neighbor has been flirting with my husband a lot lately. She is always asking him for help with some of the dumbest things. It's like she'll load up her car with heavy things ...

How do I get my husband to stop calling me when I go out?
I ask him if he wants to go with me to the library or the store and he'll say no. But I swear he will call me when I have only been gone 15 minutes asking me when I'll be back. OMG. Most of ...

I need your opinions about husband and motorcycle?
I always(7 years ago) told my husband who is now 30
that I would never be ok with him getting a motorcycle since
I feel in some cases it might just be a death wish.

We discussed ...

How do I help her get over her fear of committment?
I had been dating this girl for about 3 months and then she called me one night and said she wasn't happy and didn't know why. I've been wanting to get back together with her and she ...

Have you ever vented and asked for advice on MD and actually shown your SO the posts to your question?
I did last night, and wow he got an eye full that cut to his manhood. I think it was a good thing but I am sure it wont last... Past experiences is an indicator of the future for some things... B...

DO YOU THINK H IS RUNNING "GAME" ON HIM?
Tell me the answer: A man and a woman live in diffrent states but plan on married, she wants to plan the wedding but he says lets get a place to live and get established, he tells her give him a ...

Spouse and the Real World.?
Hi. For those of you familiar with the term "adult children", please continue reading. I have a husband who is 38 years old and was raised in a violent, abusive and neglectful home. Both ...

im 16 years old and it feels like my life is at it's end.?
it feels like my life haves no meaning, like i will never accomplish anything in life i feel left out and that everyone is having the time of their life while i sit at home wishing for a change....

I need Visitation help!!!!!!!!?
Okay so i have a dad and he's not a bad dad at all but he just looks at things differently i would say. He is a big family first person but i am 16 and still do visitation. When am i supposed to ...

are there any detective agencies in chennai to who can tell abt my wife whom i doubt an extra martial affair?

I want to get married?
My girlfriend said no. She'd rather live together. She's afraid to get married because her parents marriage ended in divorce, and is afraid if we get married ours will too.
What should ...

Can you believe it? My wife left me for a?
eunuch. What does he have that I don't have?...

I need advice, please?!?
I've been w/ my husband for 3 years. He has a daughter from a previous relationship and we have 2 boys together; (11 wks old and 13 mnths old). We have been fighting ALOT lately. Bad fights. He ...

Should I marry him or not?
I am now 21 and he is 28.He is my very close relative.He is my Paternal aunt's son.My parents always gave me space for myself.I like him and love to be with him forever but the problem is I don&#...

Is it wrong because i dont have a girlfriend that i start trouble with couples at the bar or other places?
Because i was at my local bar having a drink with my friends and these two guys and their girlfriends i think were behind them. They are having drinks and one of the guy said something when they were ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links