Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

My husband says he doesn't love me anymore wants to divorce me. i love him, what do i do?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband says he doesn't love me anymore wants to divorce me. i love him, what do i do?

My husband, whom I've been with for 8 years, told me in february that he didn't love me anymore, and that he wanted a divorce. He has been seeing his ex girlfriend, now for a month, and has stated that he loves her. However, he claims she's not his girlfriend. Since he's been talking to her, he has since said that he thought he loved me that whole time. We have a two year old son together, whom he won't pay for anything for him. He also has introduced his girlfriend to my son on two occasions that I know of. He thinks that he isn't doing anything wrong. He feels he owes me no explanation. What should I do about this situation?

jude
if he has told u he no longer loves u, u have to accept it, and move on. its much harder to put it all back together when someone has cheated on u. and if he doesn't feel he is doing wrong he may be the kind of person who has no conscience. when a man does this he really doesn't care, especially if he isn't even trying to cover it up, its totally disrespectful. you have to divorce him, file for child support, and go on your way. if you try and wait it out he may come back, but they rarely stop cheating once they start, because had they loved u in the first place they would not want to see you hurt.

Forlorn Hope-only 5 suspensions
give him the divorce, but make sure he pays for your son (if your son is his)... keep the house while your son is growing up and have him pay for that too...

once your son is 18, then sell the house and get half the proceeds...

in the meantime, find yourself as many guys as you can that are better for you than your soon-to-be ex... :D

If Anything...
Rating
Get rid of him! Why would you subject yourself to this, especially your son who has a deadbeat father who's proud to run around with him & say this is my son & introduce him to his "girlfriend" but obviously he doesn't care about him enough to help raise him. File the divorce papers first before he does & take it to court, your son deserves to be taken care of & he is just as responsible as you are for taking care of him. Don't let him get away with it. Usually the one who cares the least in a relationship holds the most power, I know its going to be hard but what would you be teaching your son if you let his dad off the hook. You'd be teaching your son its okay to abandon your kids & not to help take care of them. Your son shouldn't be punished for what his father's actions.

KJ
Rating
how much more clear of a explanation does he have to give to you?

the loser is going back to his ex.

get court ordered child support and move on to something better.

capandy
Rating
I'm sorry, but it's over. Take the divorce and move on.

babydolly
Rating
Am sorry about your situation, but you see i have learn that if a man does not want you again, it's best to move on rather than trying to convince him stay. He may agree to stay after much persuasion but will always see his girlfriend behind you, and you will be stuck in a loveless marriage.
if he wants to go, let him but he must be responsible for his son.

pattie j
Rating
girl its time to move on and get your child support u don't want or deserve to be with anyone who says they don't love u move on.....i know it hurts but remember when you love something set it free if it comes back it was yours if idon'tnt it was never met to be.....

Bob
dump his ***. file for divorce your self first . or get a boy friend and see how he likes that but watch out for the kid dont put him in the middle

Glo★
Rating
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but divorce him. He has already moved on emotionally and physically. You deserve to be treated with respect and love. He is giving you neither one. Give him the divorce and in time you will see you got the better end of the deal. He is not mature enough to be married. The ex and him deserve each-other. She will be the next miserable one in a very short time.

bearsbullsfan
Rating
sounds like it's been a "fun" eight years. this guy obviously hasn't grown up yet, no matter what his age is. you need to cut your loses and move on, stop holding on to someone who obviously wants to move on

krisdds426
I think you either do a separation agreement with him so you could get all the rights you deserve and let him have time to think if family is most important or his girl friend. If there is abuse either mental or physical you should file divorce at once. Good luck

mclovin
Rating
Sometimes people do fall out of love with each other and there is nothing you can do to change that. When people finish with a long term relationship and very soon after are seeing someone else they normally have been seeing them before the split. The fact he is not paying for his son is out of order and you need to make sure he does, he has a duty to provide for his son.

lorisam7879
Rating
You should protect yourself and your son. He is in the wrong, trust me, he knows this. Bu for some reason he thinks it should be allowed for whatever reason.
Cheating is wrong. That is what he is doing....introducing his g/f to his kid is wrong...what's next?
I understand you love him but love does not mean you stand by and let him disrespect you, your marriage and your family. He WILL pay child support, no worries about that, the court will order him to do so.

autumpurrfect
Rating
Had the same thing happen to me only it's a series of women. The best thing you can do is let him go. This is a sign of his character not yours. If you have any regrets at all just regret not seeing him for the person he really was which was a lying, manipulative, person who made you feel bad for yourself instead of taking the responsibility for himself and his child. If he could leave a baby behind who has done nothing than what could you have done any differently hun. Get away as fast as you can and rediscover the person you were before you met and find happiness without him!! You can do it!!

Happy
I wonder if he has bipolar disorder or some other mood disorder. Are his moods very up and down? Does he spend money erratically? Does he abuse drugs or alcohol? Also I think some men freak out at the change in life that comes when you have young kids. My husband is going through that now - complaining I am no fun anymore, etc. Meanwhile I work full time plus we have a 2 year old and an 8 month old. Believe me- I would love to have fun but WHEN? Btw he was just diagnosed with bipolar disorder which explains alot in his case.

cheer mother
Rating
Me and my husband went thru the same problem about 4 years ago. He just up and left one day. It took me about 1 month to find out what was really going on. Then when i did i found that he had been seeing a woman for about 1 year. Believe me i completely understand what you are going thru. I was so mad, and completely ashamed of what he had did. I didn't know who to be more upset with him or her.

When he left i was crushed! I didn't see how two people who was so much in love could have lost it like that. We went thru pure H*** for a year or so. We were fussing and fighting everyday of the week. I just could not stand their and let her take what me and him had work so hard to build. We had a new home, a perfect little girl. and also we had built a business together.

To some it all up i took alot, but in the end it was worth it. We are still married, and as far as i know we are happier than we have ever been.
I quess what i am trying to tell you is don't give up to quick. Let him know everyday that you LOVE him very much. Just hang in their, and just maybe he will see what he had with you. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Sue
the only thing u can do...move on!!!!u can't force him to talk about it!!!!get a lawyer and see him in court.

nastaran a
i would leave him before he goes for divorce..that piss him off!

xxpmbastosxx
Well, I can tell you from my mom's experience. She divorced my dad when I was 2. He loved her, but she didn't love him. So she said she wasn't going to stay married to him just because he loved her, which he still does after 21 years. Anyways, if he told you that he doesn't love you anymore, he was definitely seeing his ex for awhile. Anyhow, I know you still love him, but you should agree to the divorce because if you just decide to stay with him because of you love him and he doesn't, you will be miserable. That's why my mom divorced my dad because she knew that if she stayed with him, they would be miserable instead of being a happy married couple. She is much happier with my stepdad. For the not paying for his son, you better not feel bad for him and let it slide. You bring him to court and get child support because if you don't do that you are going to regret it. Good luck hun, and sorry about that. God bless!!

GoddessParis
Rating
At least he was honest with you on every step of the way, which is more than you can say for most. If you love him, try to convince him not to get a divorce yet but to go your own way for a few months and let him see if the grass is truly greener on the other side. Also, make sure you take care of yourself and worry about you and your son on the time you are apart. You might realize that at the end of this period, you are the one ready to leave him.

Tom
whack him!

B Fetus
Rating
well all you can do is let him go. either that, or you can do some very explicit oral things to him. maybe that'll keep him around

peace!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why turn ur back on girl who loves u?
do u have any idea what happens to a girl when u turn ur back on her?...

There are times that my husband's ex-gf's?
were also in a gathering or sometimes we can see each other in a passenger's cab...they look at me and i dont like the way they look..we get married 5 years ago...do you think they arent moved ...

Is it a bad idea to mail my ex a letter?
we broke up several years ago, and i still think about him. i have a ring he gave me, i was going to enclose it in the letter. i should probably mention that i'm married now. i don't ...

Just wonder how many of you save in bank?
and how many percentage of your income do you put in there for future expenditures....

my husband got angry last month when he knew that i have no savings any single amount..

If the judge orders the husband out of the house?
We have an open CPS case. My husband abuses drugs. He keeps on relapsing and when we went to court last time about a week ago. He got caught in a lie and the judge gave him 30 days and if he didn'...

Jealous of hubby and sis-in-law relationship..?
My hubby and his sister are very very close... they talk about things together and even when we go out, they hug each other, she sometimes strokes his head, he holds her etc...does this seem a little ...

I am married, but I am falling in love with.....?
my dentist. How can I stop these feelings? He is an awesome dentist and I don't want to switch to a new dentist, and my teeth look great! Making love in a dentist chair is intense!...

Help! Am i being played.?
I've been divorced for about a year now and every time i get in a relationship or feel like i've moved on my ex wife throws "i miss you and love you" but i need to work on the ...

Is this selfish of me to do?
I prefer that my gf not dress too nicely when we are out on the town and I actually don't tell her if her clothes don't look good on her for fear that if I do correct her, she will appear ...

I am a pregnant and want a divorce. What should I do?
I've been married, for 10 years. Over the last 5 I have been extremely unhappy, and have come to the decision to get a divorce. I began taking steps in that direction, and then found out I am ...

Why most men crazy about 3sum..?
ur opinion plz..
for myself.. I love one on one.....

Do you think that making....?
love in a meadow while it's raining is romantic?...

What questions can my BF and i ask each other since coulpes counseling is tooo expensive?
We both did wrong in the relationship and we want it to work but couples counseling is too expensive. What questions could we ask each other to make us feel better about the situation and gain that ...

How can I stop my husband from filing a divorce?
My husband told me that he has fallen in love with another lady. To be responsible, he has to file a divorce with me . He avoids contact me and cuts my line if I call him....

Does this make me a cheater?
i got into an argument with my wife over something real dumb, she got on my case for not helping with the house cleaning last week.....it took a few days but it was settled...but what she doesnt know,...

Cheater wife stole my car?
she stole my car,my phone,and left me with a child to take care of,i have no one to watch him,and now i cant get to work,and ive already talked to the cops there ...

Getting married in another state, where do I get my marriage license at?
Hey all, I live in Kentucky, but am getting married in Michigan. Which state do I have to get my marriage license in?...

What would you do if this happened?
MY mom and dad have been together for 18 years..
I'm 14. Throughout these 18 years he has cheated on her multiple times.
The last full blown affair he had was with a woman he met on &...

Ok so i need to know some dirty names?
i am wanting to try new things and talk dirtier or call my gf dirty names in bed ... so if you would let me know what girls like to do in bed or what alot like (choking, dirty talking, spankin, etc......

As I was watching American Idol tonight my wife?
tells me she wants to tell me something. She said 3 months before we met she had an abortion. We met in August of 2007..In Nov of 2008 we were married & had our 1st child recently.

S...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, September 3, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links