Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

My husband won't give me the divorce even though he has a new girlfriend...?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband won't give me the divorce even though he has a new girlfriend...?

I have asked a couple of questions on here within the last month and I want to thank you all for your advice. I am taking most of the advice and I am stating to feel. I haven't been harrassing my husband in the last four days, I haven't called or text'd him in. Trust me that's a long time for me. I told him on Monday that I want the divorce before he leaves the state and he tells me he is in no hurry to divorce yet. I'm not sure if it's because he wants to have fun for a while with his new mistress or if it's because he will be ordered to pay child support four our daughter since he is already paying for his other children he has with an ex wife. He is a master electrician and is self employed so he isn't honest when he goes to court about how much he makes a month. He tells me he's leaving the state for two months but I honestly think he's telling me that so he doesn't have to worry about running into me with his new woman or having to deal with me while he's in love..... I still find myself thinking about him throughout the day but it's getting easier to deal with, I have to remind myself that he is NOT THINKING about me and I shouldn't waste my time thinking about him. He hasn't called his daughter in almost three weeks now and she is starting to ask for him but he will not reach out to her. I've tried texting him last week and the week before to ask if he could take her overnight and he never replies. His new mistress has children and I'm sure he's taking them places with her...there I go again, thinking about what HE'S doing...UGH! I am trying to stay busier lately and yesterday I found out my mother has an aneurysm and will need surgery soon. It feels like my world is just getting darker with all these bad things going on in my life, my husband leaving me and my mother having another aneurysm. (of course my mother is my priority) I have called my Pastor a few times to pray with me and now I feel like I'm bothering him even though I know he will always be there. When it rains it pours.... = (

jude
Rating
i would not let him decide when to file for divorce, i would file first, ask for full custody, because if he gets shared parenting he won't have to pay u much in support. maybe he wants to wait until he can save enough money for an attorney and file on u first. also get him for abandonment. he;s just waiting to finalize his plans with her, meaning maybe he doesn't have the money saved yet. u can't undo the damage that's already done so u may as well file on him first, get the child support started and be rid of him.

Missy
Rating
He can't "give" you a divorce. If that's what you want, then just file it yourself and let him respond. He can't say no once it's been filed. He can ignore it - and then it will be a default. So whatever you say will be what's ordered by the court.

The only thing you might have an issue on is serving him - if he is leaving the state for 2 months. The sooner you catch him the better. File it yourself - there is a self help counter at your local court to help you with the papers.

sheloves_dablues
He's not paying child support? Honey - get yourself a lawyer and petition for custody and a support order ASAP.

You don't have to be divorced to claim child support - it's payable as of the day he left the marriage.

And if you want to be divorced, file for divorce! Why are you waiting around for him? He's not in a rush - as long as there's no divorce action, he doesn't have to divide up your marital assets. He's got the best of all worlds right now; a new g/f to screw, no child support and all of his assets are intact! Take him down...

absublutely
Since the advent of the "No-fault" divorce, it shouldn't matter if he "gives" you a divorce...file it on your own. His obligations are his issue and he has to meet those, just like you'd have to meet your own obligations...

♥♥ LINDA ♥♥
Rating
Wow I am surprised you didn't run when you found out he was married with children before you. He probably did the same thing to his first wife as he is doing to you now. Just go to the court and do it all yourself before he leaves. Then take this experience with you and not make the same mistake again.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should I stay or go? My husband say he may have a baby. He want a DNA test. Dont wanna talk bout it anymore?
My husband admits he cheated. Say hes sorry. The girl had the baby. hes friends say the kid looks like him but she was sleeping around. He wants a DNA test?He told me the girl name is Tawanna. The ...

Can children bring a divorced family back together?
I'm 15, and my parents were married for 17 hard years. They've been through SO much, and like they know everything about each other, like. My mammy still cries every night and I feel so ...

Husband wants to move into a house with another couple so we can get out of debt.?
My husband is in the navy, one of his fellow shipmates is getting a house and they have come up with the brilliant idea of us sharing the house. My husband has alot of debt that I honestly dont know ...

Any women here who have dated or married a younger man?
did you notice the age difference? did people judge you or anything?...

Will he settle down with this one or go off again?
I was mates with this guy in work for a year he was always a flirt and tactile i liked him but he had a fiance at time so didnt see anything in it. After a year he started acting differently towards ...

Should i take my ex girlfriend back?
Hey everyone how's it going. So I'm definitely stuck in this little conundrum right here. I have what some would call a love triangle, or maybe even a square.

My ex and i dated ...

What would u do if u were born with no arms and no legs?
http://www.youtube.com/w No Arms, No Legs, No Worries is a video of Nick Vujicic born with no limbs. He is very successful college grad....

Question for women...if you were?
If you were a billionaire or a millionaire and you fell in love with a guy that didn't have a lot of money, would you make him sign a prenuptial?...

What makes you a good wife?

Married vs Single party life or family life?
I'm 23 and have been married for about 2 years. Right now all I want to do is party and have fun, but my wife wants to start a family. I am not even close to ready for that, I think i want to be ...

My husband acting wierd...?
recently we were at his families house for a funeral he kept wallking away from me and leaving me and our baby to go visit other people why doesnt he want to take me with him? whats up with that? he ...

What would you do if your wife called you a coward?
my brother has a bit of an anger problem, but he has been working on it. him and his wife got into an argument so he tries to walk away and she calls him a coward. now my brother walk away but what ...

Do marine husbands cheat?
ever since my husband joined the marines i have been worried i heard marines are notorious for cheating! and why do they curse so much??????
Additional Details
what the hell is carl ...

Why do i see a lot of cases where the doctor is sleeping with aid or nurse?
so what is with that?...

Will we get back together?
my boyfriend broke up with me on wednesday and we have texted a couple of times since then. last night he texted me and told me he couldn't sleep...do you think it's possible we'll get ...

The judge in my case against my ex wife has a bone in this closet?
he know there is a connection with the court and my ex wife.
this is a conflict of interests being that my wife use to work there in the same court building it is now being held.

Assaulted with water? Is that abuse?
I was in a fight with my husband, and we were yelling at each other. He had a glass full of ice-water at that time, and he got so mad he threw it at me. I was shocked, soaked, and cold. And scared he ...

Why do Male (married) Depression people have Racing thoughts about turning Gay and leaving their wife and kids?
Wife is getting scared and is crying. What does the wife do with the kids when husband is around?

HELP!

PLEASE EMAIL @ SweetRose6296@yahoo....

Do The Give You?????
A marriage certificate when you get married at Justice of the Peace?...

How do i deal with my evil mother in law i cant take it anymore?
my mother n law is a liar and very evil she lies to get pitty on herself i just had a baby boy and she told the whole family that its not my husbands son everybody knows its a lie she lives 10 ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links