Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

My husband works and won't help me with money for bills and just wastes it on his bad addictions what do i do?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband works and won't help me with money for bills and just wastes it on his bad addictions what do i do?

i have confronted him about this and we just got married a year and 1/2 ago and we have been together for 6 years i don't know if to leave him and get a divorce or work things out we have been trying to work things out for a while now and every paycheck day is the same situation. i don't think i can take it anymore. please help me

asoldierswife
Rating
XXXXXXXXXXXX I'd have to sabotage his wallet. This I would not take. Either he contribute or get kicked to the curb. XXXXXX

Cobra
Rating
Leave, and find someone who will treat you better.

Queen Mother
Rating
leave him or deal with it. Yall are married, he needs to understand your grounds of marriage and respect them. you've forgotten yourself what marriage means to you because you've allowed him to make you unhappy. this is a situation that can be dealt with and should be dealt with. or you can move out and pay your own bills and let him live his life as well. just some suggestions that i would take, not telling you to do so. remember though, we all deserve someone to love us and treat us according to our will as long as its reasonable. don't sell yourself short baby! Good Luck!

nadadizzyblonde
your husband has an addiction and will never think of anyone but himself until he gets clean. sorry to hear all this, but it would probably be better if you left him alone for awhile, let him get straight, (and if he doesn't, don't take him back) see where he stands in a couple months, hopefully this will be a wake up call for him, and he will appreciate all you have done for him. and i am sorry if he does not do the right thing, it will however, eventually catch up with him. if you are not happy after 6mos. file for a divorce.

STEPHANIE R
I WOULD EITHER LEAVE OR GET OVER IT BECAUSE HEE IS NOT GONNA CHANGE UNTIL HE WANTS TO AND IT IS JUST GONNA STRESS YOU OUT

Big Daddy M
Rating
I am going to get straight to the point with this for you, and it may not be what you want to hear. What is happening here is he can do what ever he wants, because you let him. What I mean by that is, every paycheck he wastes, and what do you do about it? I can only guess there is a bit of arguing about it. Than it is over. It is obvious to me he doesn't care for you. If he really cared about you & your feelings, he would not waste his paycheck. You two are married he has responsabilities, and if he can't grow up you should move on. If you continue down this road letting him waste every paycheck on his addiction, you will never be happy, he will because he has full controll over you. So the best advice I have is if he can't understand he is married now and money should be spent on decisions that both of you make together, than you need to divorce him and find a man who will respect you.

hotgirl
TELL HIM YOU GONE LIVE HIM SO HE BETTER GET HIS LIFE TGETHER

teresa d
try counseling see if he will go with you if that doesn't work try talking with your pastor or minister at your church if nothing comes from that separate and tell him when he decides that family and their well being are more important you will consider coming back home

joy
Rating
I totally agree with Big Daddy M.

Saphira
Rating
Why did you marry this guy?

kosova 123
divorce him find someone who will appreciate you

christopher s
Trash him. He's just abusing you without putting his fist in your face with velocity and force.

mission
Get to an Alanon meeting in your area. You will find what you need there.

timetraveller
Give him a choice...inpatient treatment for his addictions(30days).If he refuses then his second choice is to pack his bags and leave..treatment can work, but if he dosent do it now it will be too late for your relationship...The only way you two will ever work it out is by him recovering from his addictions.

Rick
No offense but your avatar picture looks like a guy to me. I'm going to back off from this one.

***jenn***
go ahead and file for the big D - it's probably not gonna get any better

phototroll
Rating
Get a good lawyer and dump the idiot. If you haven't ironed out this problem in six months, let alone six years, you won't!!!
When will women understand that you can not marry a man and them change them.

furface

kurtbiewald
Its a worldwide problem. Leave him some money for his addictions and take enough from him to pay his share of bills. If he won't agree to it, get a new husband.

momokitty
Rating
Why did you marry him knowing that he's been this way for the past 6 years. Then you marry him, and he's not changing the way
he is spending his paycheck. Well I think that you should have dumped him ever since you knew about how he handles his money. Being married means that what is his is yours and what is your is also his, you share the income together. And well he must see things differently and you should not have to deal with that at all. Leave his *** girl.You deserve much better.

oddbutterfly1
Rating
One word......... LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

heavenlyhotchild
Rating
tell him to kick in 4 the bills or get out

onesongtwotall
Rating
First of all I will say I had one of those,I don't any more, Mine was different, He was an alcoholic. If the guy is useing money for gambling or drinking he isen't worth the up hill climb. Other wise I will tell you what I did, I went out and got a job. I have my own money and I can buy what I need or what is nessasary for the house. It's much better for you and the hubby.

Weatherman
Rating
LEAVE!!! LEAVE!!!!! Discuss the problem ONE LAST time. if the problem persist next payday hit the door and don't look back. It takes a rude AWAKENING to bring change. As long as you STAY and keep Complaining NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shepardman1
its time to leave,a marrige is a team effort, you both need to help each other not a one way deal.he is only thinking of himself, so now its time for you to worry about you.

Heartbreak_Kid_TX
Get rid of him and hook it up with me.

Robert A
Rating
run kittie run. 18 months is long enough to alter himself. it may hurt, but you will be able to look yourself in the mirror.

daack7
Rating
Well how long has he been irresponsible??
The whole six years or just recently?
I would say counseling but if he doesn't want to cooperate I would separate and let him pay his own way for a while maybe that will snap him out of his addictiveness Good luck

Celeste A
Rating
You have stuck by him too long. Why did you ever get married to such a loser? You cannot change him sweetie, only he can do it and he's not likely to want to do it unless he's made uncomfortable. As long as you stand by him and provide for him, not only material things but your company as well, he's got it too good.

Don't walk, run and get yourself a real man.

SirKevin
get rid of him

cindy s
Rating
Unless you want to be in this same sad place in another year and a half, LEAVE!!!!!!!! MY word what are you thinking is going to change?

jeannette
I would walk and since you made no mention of children. I would truly walk. If he is not helping you now. Well he won't help with kids either.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is love enuf?
can your marrige survive afta you cheated and you deeply regret it..will love be enuf to get through it and be complete ...

Please tell me how this person is allowed to stay on here?
This person who calls himself S...k my D..k is really getting on my nerves. I cannot understand when you ask a question about your dog and it is a female dog and you call her a ***** which she is it ...

Am I wrong for doing this?
So my wife and I are going through a divorce. We started splitting up some of our stuff. We don't have much because we were only married for like 6 months at best before she decided she doesn...

How do I get back at a married man for playing with me?

My wife has feelings for her boss?
my wife and i work at the same place and a few monthes ago at a crew party i noticed she acted strange around my boss. the next morning i confronted her about it and she confessed they had been ...

Is it a bad idea to cheat as a revenge after your spouse cheated on you?

Serious responses only please?
I was engaged last summer, and she broke it off in august, b/c she was scared.. She gave the ring back, and really didnt want to b/c I think she still wanted to work things out.. Things didnt work ...

My friend had an affair, with three different men, in a month?
then told her husband.. But she is still in contact with two of them. I don't think she should of told her husband, especially since she is not done. What do you think?
Additional Details

Who comes first...my childrens heart or mine?
My heart is crushed-I love my hubby SO much but hes cheated on me a few times now. We have 3 kids...my 16 y/o wants me to forgive. We have a comfortable life, and I dont want to loose my "place&...

Should I do anything? Wait? Press the issue with her?
My ex-girlfriend got married 6 months ago. We were together for 3 years before this, and "taking time off" turned off to a breakup. It was never official, things just happened. Soon after ...

Can someone tell me why my husband doesn't notice me?
i feel like my husband doesn't notice me at all. i feel more like his buddy than his wife. i can't understand why. he's more interested in hanging out w/his friends than me. he tells ...

My wife won't love me unless I lose weight?
My wife just told me last night that I have gained weight and a lot of our marriage problems come from that. We've been married for 15 years. I'm 5'8" tall weighing 169 lbs (34 ...

If you caught your better half in the act, what would you do???
If you caught your husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend having an affair; caught them in the act...What would you do???...

My marriage is failing????????
My marriage is failing i am 21 years old i got married at 18 when i got pregnant with my daughter. I am starting to resent my husband and cant shake it are fights have gotten so bad he now pushes and ...

I cheated on my girlfriend?
she found out and we split up, i know i deserve it but now i really know she is what i really want, i love her so much but she is seeing someone else now! should i leave her alone or persue her? i ...

Serious question for the ladies............?
Do you feel that if you are on your period that you could allow yourself to get so enraged with things/feelings that you could be unsuitable in the work place?

(I know how it sounds but ...

I'm dating a married man who is separated and living independently and I want to know details of his divorce?
Should I ask or wait for him to tell me what he wants me to know? Lately I've become a little more curious about what she is asking for, what he is negotiating, basically the terms of the ...

My husband works a lot to support our family, but I get so mad, why?
So I am a full-time stay at home Mom and I am so greatfull that my husband makes enough for me to be home with the kids, but sometimes it makes me so mad that he works too much. He works on straight ...

How should I punish my disobedient wife ?
My wife and I recently came to an arrangement whereby she would not watch daytime TV and we would watch an hour of quality TV in the evening together. However, I arrive home after a hard days work ...

Husband plays video Games any time he's not at Work!?
Alright , we got back together after a six month seperation ( long story) and things were going really well . But Now all he wants to do is play video games. We make good money and anything ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links