Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Should my daughter really have to sleep with her future father in law just to be accepted into the family?
Find answers to your legal question.

Should my daughter really have to sleep with her future father in law just to be accepted into the family?

My daughter and her fiance have been dating for 5 years and are scheduled to be married next month. My daughter is very excited about her up and coming wedding but is not thrilled about what she has to do just for the marriage to take place.
Her fiance's family is from New Mexico, and they say that it is tradition down their for the bride to be to sleep with the father in law 3 times, a week before the wedding. They say that without this taking place, the wedding cannot happen.
My husband and I think that our daughter should go along with this. We feel that she needs to do whatever it takes to get into that family. Her fiance makes her happy and she would only have to sleep with her future father in law 3 times. He just wants to make sure that she is good enough for his son. Is this right? Should my daughter sleep with her future father in law just to marry into the family?

Richard G
I know about this tradition very well. I am the cousin of the father-in-law and she must also sleep with me 3 times two weeks before the wedding, just don't tell my wife. I live in Colorado just up the road. I can come pick her up.

Are you fricken nuts? Would you have slept with your husbands father to marry your husband? You are out of your mind.

But don't forget to send her to Colorado two weeks before the wedding. I have to ensure that she is a good lay for my nephew.

Poppet
Troll.

Bagmamma is that you?

HMS88
Rating
What is wrong with you people, as parents you are OK with your daughter sleeping with her future father in law... are you going to sleep with your future son in law to make sure hes good enough for your daughter... What is so important that she get into THAT family DISGUSTING... Never mind I just read your other question "Should I stuff my umbilical cord with small pieces of fruit before reinserting it into my uterus?"
SICKO

NOT as smart as a 5th grader
Rating
Are you stupid? Of course she shouldn't.

Latina4life
Poppet, you are funny. I do think this is bagmamma, lol!

marie
Rating
i have never heard of such a custom. well, outside of the 16th century perhaps. to me, it sounds like a bunch of crap. is the fiancees father sleeping with his daughters' soon to be husbands as well to ensure they are "good enough" to wed his female children? he should, double standard and all.
i think it's ludicrous, immoral and indecent. for the record, i'm no prude, but this one shocked me.

tgbc
Rating
Now I have heard it all!
Sounds like in midevil times in Europe when the Lord of the land claimed this right.

Forward to 2007:
My answer to this demand/arrangement is NO, NO, NO!!!
How does the son feel about this arrangement?
If he agrees to it, then he is a spineless whimp.
How would he feel if his father gets the woman pregnant?
Does this couple plan on living under the roof of the father-in-law permanently?
A newly wed couple needs to be out on their own living away from the in-laws.

Bite me
Rating
You should go to prison just for telling her to do it!!!

Yvette D
Rating
Maybe you should sleep with him if you want her to be apart of the family.....Your daughter shouldn't do anything as SICK like this...She should be the one to do whatever she wants and if she has any self worth or respect for herself she WON"T****

crazy8eddie
This is too sick to talk about.

waiting for baby
Good advise mama
what don't you sleep with the old man for her
STUPID

llexiann30
You have no respect for you daughter if you think she should do this. That is just plain sick.

Lana
Rating
Absolutely NOT!! She should run from that family.

Tom S
Rating
Nice try.... lol,,,, you should write a book about this or even make a movie out of your ideas!

elaeblue
Rating
BS! this is stupid. No she shouldnt do anything like that what a bunch of horse crap. Thanks for the 2 points

kitkat
You are an imbilcil! No she shouldn't....

Quasimodo
Rating
This is a blantant falsehood! There is no such custom in the State of New Mexico. This law is only on the books in Louisana, Alabama and Mississippi.

~life sucks~
What freakin ever! Helllllloooooo, its New Mexico, not some a** backwards 3rd world country in the middle of nowhere. Either you are really bored with alot of time on your hands or your future son in laws family is god d*mn nuts and your daughter needs to run for the hills and fast!

ronidl76
Rating
That's disgusting. Someone is lying to her. And I can't believe the son doesn't object.

Is this a joke?

maya
yuck so gross your a fuc* up mom & what kind of a fiance is he any way to let his future wife sleep with his grandfather what if she get pregnant

such a stupid fuc* up family your & their is

Paul's Doll : )
This CANNOT be true!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

riteebee
Rating
no

Sondra D
Are you nuts???? What kind of a sicko mother are you? You must really hate your daughter to push her off like that.

Nicole
Um NO! thats bs..and you should have more respect for your daughter and your family to be ok with this and believe she should go along with it. And I wouldnt want my daughter marrying someone who believes this is ok as well.

Tex
That's crazy and a line of...

ValleGirl
Rating
You agree with this, you are as sick as the future family, ditch them and run - fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUNGS J
never heard about this kind of bull,
hope you made this story up. really do.
if not,
if not, ....
speechless.

nfldwct123
Rating
Have you completely lost your mind... Let me ask you something if your son brought home a fiance would you allow your husband to sleep with her, I cannot believe as a parent that your advise to her is to go ahead and sleep with the father in law. How sick is that. There is no tradition like that and if there is then your daughter needs to run the other way. Do you have any idea how scarring this is going to be for your daughter, and what if she was to get pregnant by him, and dont tell me about protection because we all know it can still happen, you want to explain to your grandchild that one of his/her grandparents is really his/her father. You are opening a bad can of worms here. Step back from this and see for what it really is. If your daughters fiance loves her so much there is no way he would allow this to happen. Get a grip this is your daughter, not some sick game.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do I have a right to be angry at my husband or am I overreacting?
I had a self defense training at work today where we learned how to get out of various situations such as when someone grabs your arm, pulls your hair or chokes you.. I asked my husband to practice ...

I cheated once and It has been the biggest regret! How can I gain my trust back with my fiance?
I will do anything to have him look at me the way he use to! I cry everynite because I cant take the way we cant talk or even hug in bed!! I feel so depressed Its running through my mind 24/7, I wish ...

I'm in love with an old friend who's perfect for me; problem - he's married to someone else!?
I've known this man for about 8 years and we should have gotten together a long time ago but he was too shy to ask me and I was seeing his friend and didn't think he'd ever be ...

Is it ok to lose your virginity before marriage?

When found guilty why does he try to find something wrong with me?
Recently, I found out that my husband was emailing old girlfriends. I told him what I knew and asked him for a divorce. Suddenly, he tells me I have never been a good friend to him, I was never ...

If you were cheated on by your Spouse and he or she......?
.....was "with" your best frind, Who do you think that you would take out your anger with MORE? Spouse or Friend?

Which of the two would you be more hurt by?...

Semi adult question...Tell me if i was wrong to say this to him?
so i met this guy the other day and on the first date we start making out. which is fine..he's caressing my hand, kissing my neck blablabla...then he starts pressing his u know what on me to the ...

True or not true?
my aunt and i were talking about my relationship with my boyfriend..and she says out on no where..all men cheat..and that its just men married or not married they stilll cheat..she told me that as ...

What are the secrets of a successfull happy married life ??

What's the worst thing about being married?

When you look in the mirror?
What do you see? I see a woman that had her heart broken and is now more strong and more beautiful than ever....

OK last night my husband went out drinking. when he got home l check his voice mail on his cell phone.?
there a a lady left hom a mesage saying l had a good time thanks for evening and call me l confronted him and l was going to call the number and ask her way are you calling my husband he got so upset ...

Is there something your spouse really wants to do in the bedroom that you won't do?
Why not? Should they be allowed to go elsewhere for it?...

Will i get a rich husband?

Do i leave my wife for my girlfriend?
I love them both but why would i look else where if i really loveed my wife? Im so unsure!...

Am I horrible, should I end it?
I met this great guy a few months ago and we get along great, we go out on dates and have a blast and we talk and have lots in common.
One day he apologized for lieing and told me that he was ...

Do you wish you married somebody else?

Additional Details
Thank you. I will choose a best answer after I re-read everybodys answer a few times....

How do you justify cheating?

Way is my wife stupit?

Separate Finances and debts in marriages?
Since some marriages end due to financial
reasons, do you think that couples should keep their
fiances and debts separate?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links