Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Should you marry for love or money?
Find answers to your legal question.

Should you marry for love or money?

or both?

Um Anisa
Rating
Defiantly love. I wouldn't have gotten married for any other reason.

Cobra
Rating
love, money will come later

scottb03gt
if you marry for money, your a gold digger, if you marry love, your a real person with a real heart

Rudi A
Love is primary,Money secondary. Example,
When I got married I could only afford a one
bedroom apt with a small living room and a
small bathroom and a small kitchen, but love
is what brought us togeather. Now 20 yrs later
because we both have worked and saved I
live in a 4 bedroom home 2 complete baths
big living room, big dining room, big kitchen
a bar and all sits on an acre of land here in
beautiful Pamana., and to top it off all is paid
for...

venusiaint
Rating
love, you'll never be satisfied with just money in the long run. Money won't hold your hand when your sick.

special
love! working together with someone that u are in love with and building a life together can encourage u to build a nest-egg for yourselves in the future. let the money come later. something that u have both worked for and enjoying life together.

jrock
Rating
love

Amy
Rating
If you're like the rest of us - love. To have both would be great....but love is the only thing that will make you happy.

redrockcastle
Rating
Hopefully both. If I had a choice, I'd say marry for money because you'd never have to worry about it. I married for love and it never got me any richer LOL.

chris52863c
Rating
if you get married it should be because you love him/her...if you marry for money you will never be happy...

angelgirlkn
Rating
Love. If you love someone and they have money, that's a bonus. Love won't pull you through the bad times, love will. In the end, money can buy you lots to fill your life but without love, you will never be fully satisfied. You'll always want more

devil_diva2005
Rating
depends whats more important to you

rastaj4life
oh hell money can't buy love!!! I rather fall in love then be sure if I want to marry'um. Love is better,kinda hard to get both. marry for love than for $$ and be miserable,. Nah LOVE IS BETTER!!!

rockn75
If you can find both in one package by all means marry for both!!!

But, if you can't I would go with love. I would rather be poor happy and in love then rich and miserable without it.

Money can buy a lot of things but it can't buy you real true love.

Colleen
Rating
I agree that it would depend on what is most important to you.

bnannners
Rating
love, money can run out

MathGuy
It's generally easiest to love the person with whom you share your money.

T Time
Rating
love

Erin D
only for love

Cymbaline
Rating
Although I have jokingly said to my co-workers... first marriage is for love and second is for money, I dont mean it.

I would get bored very fast if I didn't love the man with the money. I know myself well enough to say he would annoy me if I didn't love him but loved his money.

I would rather marry a poor man, love him and be happy, then marry a man for his money and be unhappy and not love him.

I don't get it
Rating
I asked this question before and I liked the person who answered both. You should look for a quy with the qualitys and goals you have and build your dreams together. So Love, definately Love.

midnightwolf99_2000
When you get married, it's because you love each other. It is wrong to marry a guy just for his money. People who marry a guy just for his money are called gold diggers. I married my husband for love and for who he is and not for his money. I dislike people who marry just for money.

sam.
If you have to ask, you don't need to get married!

smiley283
marry for love money is security but like anything money even love can come and go.

=]
depends ;)

C J
That's a silly question.....money doesn't make you happy. If you woke up tomorrow and lost everything you had, your home, car, possessions, job, etc. You would be completely lonely without someone you love. On the flip side, you could be completely wealthy and still completely lonely.

Love is far better than any amount of money.

cheetah7
Rating
If u have to choose, marry for love. Of course if u can have both, that would be the best.

missy
MONEY LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY.....LOL

No i think we should marry for love, whats the point of marrying for money unless you don't mind being married 5 times or something, but i also think that people getting married should also be aware of people who are in debt cause if you marry that person you take it on NOT COOL

juanita2_2000
FOR LOVE FOR MONEY IS NOT GOOD

berry
Rating
It would be ideal if you marry for both. However do marry for love and a steady working man.

SapphireB
Well when I got married it was for love, we didn't have much money to speak of. Some time after we were married we started a business together and we then had money. We were happy until the money started coming in and then things went very bad. It ended in a divorce.

I am happy now and have no money to speak of, just enough to get by on and that is it. I can't afford anything extra now at all and I am happier now.

Has any body not ever heard the old saying that "money is the root of all evil"?

So IF I was ever to get married again.......it would be for love!!!!
Love is what makes the world go round....at least that is what the Candy Man says.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I keep having dreams that my boyfriend is cheating, what could this symbolize?

I need a good reason not to sleep with the hot married guy I have fallen in love with at work?
and no preaching..I am married ...

Where do you think your gf/bf/ husband/wife is right now?

Is my husband trying to look cool?
i' ve been married to my 45 year old husband for 20 years. before he didn't use to take care of what he wears, i had to tell him. these last few years i noticed him he is more aware of ...

What's the best way to sneak around on my wife?
Just want to have some fun without her knowing....

Cheating Husband?
My best friend called me today. She saw my husband's profile on a dating site claiming he's single and lonely. I went to the same site, entered his email address and his profile did indeed ...

Should I tell my ex-husband's new wife he still loves me & he is cheating on her with me?
My ex-husband does not love his wife. He only married her to have someone to help take care of our children and him. He is still in love w/ me & when he comes to visit it as if we are still ...

The wife moaned because I bought a woman back?
She just won't get it into her head. I want her to go - permanently! I've evicted her once but, having spent 2 nights on the doorstep sat on her suitcase, I agreed to let the miserable ...

Should I buy my wife a pair of high heels?
She doesn't own any. She is very conservative. We are the same height, 5'8" so with heels she will be taller, which i find kinky. She is a little heavy. When I met her 14 years ago,...

Is my husband having an affair?
When cleaning in our bedroom I found a condom on his ...

Could you live with your inlaws?
I certainly couldn't!...

What are the causes of conflict between a husband and the wife?
the reason i ask is because before marriage there is a claimed love between the man and the woman why the sudden change of love and beating or constant ...

I have forgiven my wife for hurting me, what is a gift I can give her to symbolize my forgiveness?

What irritates men most in a marriage?

My girlfiriends Dad committed suicide 8 months ago. I'm thinking about proposing but I wonder is it too soon?

Additional Details
The wedding wouldn't be for at least 2 years by the way....

I want to ask my girlfriend to marry me...but i want to ask her parents for their permisson?
who is the right person to ask? the mom, the dad, or both at the same time..or both at diff. times?...

Do you consider kissing cheating ?!!?
I kissed my ex boyfriend while my husband and I were seperated . Should I come clean??...

My wife an I have been married many years, I found out that she is having an affair with a black guy?
This guy was a family friend and use to be her boss. She will not break off contact with him and says they are now just friends. Should I dump her?...

Would you sleep with a 300 pound person you barely knew for $50,000?
(Not your spouse, lol!)...

Where do people meet their spouse?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links