Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

What can i do to stop nagging my husband?
Find answers to your legal question.

What can i do to stop nagging my husband?

i feel guilty right now, actually not only at this moment but every time i nagged my husband, every little things he does im seeing it and i hate myself.
i grew up in an environment that my mother usually nagged to us from my father to our youngest siblings, i don't like the way she treated us sometimes and i dont wanna be like her style especially her nagging.
but, when i got married 8 years back with my wonderful husband,
i dont really like to nagged to him,he is very very understandable and i dont wanna abuse his patience, but after every nagged i made. i really regret it from the bottom of my heart and i said sorry to him, and i realise that i'm exactly as my mother.

please i really, really need a big help from you all, how can i avoid nagging my husband, i love him so much he is my life and i dont wanna loose him , if ever he looses his patience.

Tami
Rating
Because it seems like a learned behavior, please seek out therapy to help you deprogram and learn appropriate behavior.

You can change, and break that cycle of abuse.

Thank you for taking accountability for your actions, it is not often that women realize their entitlement, and seek ways to change this behavior, normally they resort to blaming the victim...

You are a wonderful person!

stupendous
I would suggest the taking three breath methods. Before you reply or speak out at your husband, take three deep breaths. It might not work initially, but if you stay with it, I think you will learn to take a little time before you speak out.

weisenheimer
Rating
When you feel the urge to nag...get a picture in your head of your mother nagging....or carry a picture of her in your pocket. Glad you are realizing it and wanting to stop. He will eventually lose patience.

Willie J
It is all about you attitude.You can only control your mind and how you react to conditions around you. If you take a positive attitude regarding how you react people around you will react in a more positive manner. There are several ways to fix the problem. For example if the nagging is about dirty dishes, make a rule that all dirty dishes are put in the dish washer right away and putting them on the counter is not allowed by anyone. Tell him what you would like him to do and when he does it thank him as opposed to criticizing him for not doing what you did not tell him you wanted.

Sorry for the rambling answer.

Lovebug123
Rating
Think of the things you nag to him about. Then, figure out if there is a different way you can come across to him. Say you nag to him about taking out the trash, instead ask him nicely to take out the trash and say thank you when he does it. Please and Thank You's go a long way. And if some of things you nag about aren't very important at all, take a deep breath, bite your tongue and think of something else to talk about.

kitkat
Rating
When you hear yourself stop in the middle of it apologize and after awhile you won't do it any more.

Iknowalittle
Stop and think before you speak. Or leave the room till you get over the problem. Watch HOW you say things as well.

Good Luck !

Angie
Bite your tongue and recite his good qualities in your head. Seriously, this works. If you have a good man don't mess it up. You've done well by recognizing your behavior.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Treat your spouse like he's a good man and he should be a good man.

Randy P
you need some stress release. im in the playpen with mildred

Tilley
Be very aware of when you are nagging, find your triggers and work on using some technique to stop, count to 5 before you talk if your feeling frustrated, ect...

Big J
Try catching yourself. Maybe some sort of councilor can help?

kenneth h
Think that he is not your child; he is like another person like yourself.

Have a piggy bank. each time you nag him, put a dollar in it. Give it to him at X'mas.

Old School
stop and think before you say anything. its really a conscience effort. I do the same thing and sometimes I speak before thinking. Ask yourself what you are really annoyed about and really think about it. Once you do that, if its something you feel needs to be discussed then you find time for the both of you to talk. Then approach the situation by saying, hey hun I didn't really appreciate this or I feel we should work on this... this takes a lot of time and patience. Acknowledging what you are doing is the first step...

sightseer
First, it is important that you have realized what you are doing and have decided you want to change.
Nagging is one of those things that build walls between people.
When you get the urge to nag, just stop a minute and try to put what irritates you in perspective. What does it really matter. How important is it that you make the point. What difference will it make if you don't nag on that issue. 50 years from now, what difference will it have made if you nagged him on that particular issue. Let the irritation you feel roll off you - like water rolls off a ducks back.
Good Luck you are on the right track and I hope your husband appreciates the effort

Jason P
You'll need to enlist your husbands help on this. Create a funny face for him to make every time he feels you are nagging. You'll both laugh about it and you'll begin to recognize every time you're about to nag. Maybe you can get him to touch his nose or something. It's a fun way to pro-actively erase the negativity in your relationship.

Mrs.P
Every time I start to sound like my mother my husbands lets me know and it works I stop as soon as I start and say I'm sorry and try again.

Talk to your husband and ask him to let you know that your starting to act like your mother it might help.

After 22yrs together I don't do it as often.

Alice W
Learned behavior. So from now on before you go to open your mouth think will this sound like Im nagging. Then re-think how you can word something without it sounding like your nagging. Or even better think about if that moment is a good time to bring up whatever your upset about then take a breath walk away and bring it up later when your not upset so it doesn't come out like nagging. It works believe me.

KJ
tape your mouth shut.

Logan
Listen... we are the products of our parents.. that is YOU. Now.. if you want to lessen the bruise I suggest that every time you feel like you have wronged him, you give him a treat. I won't be specific, or graphic, but suffice it to say that you will be able to act on your instincts, and he won't mind that you do because it will be a prequel to good times..

blueeyd_princess
Maybe you should talk to your Dr. There could be something more then just nagging since your mother was the same way. I did use to treat my hubby pretty bad nagging, mood swings Ect. My Dr. put me on yaz and I can tell a huge difference in our relationship.

rooney
Rating
Stop nagging, don't look for things that he does wrong, let things go, distract your attention to something else when you are on the verge of nagging about something. He will eventually get sick of it and blow up at you and things will never be the same, BELIEVE ME, people can only take so much.

AKAO4D
Perhaps, if you used your oral skills for the purpose of pleasure rather than nagging it will steer you in the right direction. Always remember, you can't talk, I mean nag with your mouth full.

SchadenfreudianSlip
Hmmm...interesting. As I have long surmised, behaviors repeated and mimicked by ensuing generations often describes fundamental aspects of addiction (which either involves abuse of oneself or of another). In this particular case, perhaps nagging is a sign of an attempt to resolve low self-esteem by constantly knocking the feet out from another person...and to make it especially self-destructive, it's almost always someone you're mated with.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I'm marriage woman and i ve problem that which persons i ve to choose whether husband or my family?
i'm bought an expensive house that i put my husband as second name on the agreement and it make my family upset. Am i wrong?...

I sense that my marriage is coming to an end. How did you know?

Additional Details
Personally, she makes no effort at being affectionate whatsoever. If I try to hug her, she pats my back like I'm her grandfather and disengages as quickly as ...

Just help me out?
Allright, this may be a bit long and rantish, but I'm really lost and confused.

I met my fiance 4 years ago while we were studying abroad in a highschool program. We hit it off very ...

What is my ex trying to tell me?
Basically we were together for a year and then we broke up because we just argued all the time. We broke up two years ago, ever since she would get drunk and call me once in awhile. She has had ...

Do you think the children who are posting here are indicating whats going on in their homes?
The Other Woman....

Would you tell a man that his wife is cheating on him?
If you knew of a wife that was cheating on her husband would you try and inform him in some way? maybe note?

I dont personally know the man but I knew his wife back when I was in high ...

Are you a better cook than good ol wifey?

Ex husband wants me to drive him and new girlfriend around?
My son is going to his fathers this weekend. My son has a baseball game. My ex said he would only let him go if I pick up my ex, his new girlfriend, and my son. I am not on speaking terms with my ex. ...

What should I do? I am brown skin ........?
I m Indian and I like fair skin. But I am brown skin. I feel low ...what do u think of Brown skin girl? How can I be fair?

I like a guy who is very fair..
Additional Details
I...

Do couples who have nothing in common last?
And can feelings change after wards if there is nothing in common? Would you you give up someone for another who is more compatible? How long does it take a person to realize this?...

My husband says as long as he isn't sleeping or touching anyone else he's not cheating, what do you think?
He says it's nothing if it's in conversation or email and is harmless. When someone flirts with him he doesn't even tell them he's married. He says they haven't done ...

Has anyone ever gone to school at the same time as their spouse?
We met in the Army- he's 25 I'm 20 and have a baby.
I have my Associates degree and a, pretty scholastic.
He has a 2 yr tech degree and is pretty ADD.
He is a disabled vet so ...

I am going out with my ex-boyfriends best friend and i still like my ex what should i do?
i like my ex but i like my boyfriend too what should i ...

I want to move out of my house.?
i want to move out of my house . i cant stand it here . my mom sorta treats me like ****. its more mental abuse . im like severely depressed and if i move out she'll want me to go to my dads. B...

Should i stay with him?
I have been with my boyfriend for six months but lately he has been very abusive, he is always hitting me and putting me down. and not letting me talk to any of my girlfriends... he has me totally ...

I cant stop loveing this even when she move on i still think of her and keep intouch i want never to remember?
I live with this woman for 5 years in house and she started cheating after her son died two years after,about 5 diffrent men in the 5 years ,she has 2 men presantly she is seeing and i still call her ...

GUYS ONLY! describe your perfect girl/wife.?
hair color
how many years younger/older than you
breast size
height

Brianite women: Are you jealous of your sister wives when its' her turn for on overnight, or relieved?

Has anyone had a broken heart that time didn't heal?
Im getting out of a relationship. I have bad social anxiety and he didn't. He always made plans for us to do things and he had all the friends. Now its over because he treated me bad and i let ...

HELP...My boyfriend is lying to my face.?
My boyfriend and I have had a few discussions about him chatting online with women...he said he has stopped. I can prove he hasn't. I ask him about it...he lies. What do you think I should do?<...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links