Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

What is the chance of a married man leaving his wife?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is the chance of a married man leaving his wife?

What's more likely - a married man having an affair and leaving his wife or staying with her and continue having the affair?

Stephanie A
Rating
Let me put it this way. I have dated married men. I am not proud of it-However, in my younger, single years I was quite naive and believed what certain men told me. 25 years ago, TWO men in particular told me that they wanted to leave their wives. Do you think they have? No, of course not. Fortunately, I realized long ago that I am worth more than that and am now married to someone who would never do that to me. But sweetie, it is more likely that the man continue the affair and remain with his wife. Oh and by the way, I spoke to one of the men last year-guess what? He is still married to the same woman, but has been having an affair with another woman for the past 6 years! Unbelievable. Please find your self-respect once again and move away from this man. Best to you.

marina
Rating
They say they want to leave but there is always some reason why they can't.

Wife is sick.
Kids won't cope well.
The dog has a chronic condition.
He's waiting for her to get a job, get her car paid off, get her student loans paid off, get a clue and kick him out.

Blah blah blah.

He won't leave her. The other woman will always share him.

Amy L
I think having his cake and eating it too. I think a man is more likely to stay with the spouse especially if there are children involved.

The Mrs.
sad but the second one

Joan the Plumber
staying-many women have low self-esteem and would stay with a man that cheated on them - the man doesn't want to go to the trouble of a divorce and child custody and all that, and why should he have to if his wife is a doormat or doesn't care - case in point - Hillary Clinton

I think I've moved on??!
According to everything I have read, they rarely leave their wives. There is a statistic of I think 10-20%. And only like 3% that actually stay with the person they cheated with for over 1-2 years...

Good thing in a small package
Rating
I think, thru experience, it's better if he leaves. He
can't have it all. There is no fool,like an old fool.

Rhoni
Rating
HA HA HA....

The man will be sneaky and do it until he gets caught!!

IF his WIFE finds out....She may be smart and leave...BUT, usually if they have kids..He will want to work it out with his wife!!!

And then THEY DO...or anyway...THEY TRY!!!

The wife will believe that he WON"T do it again...BUT HE WILL!!!

Been through it all and seen WAYYYYYY to many couples go through it!!!

If you are the mistress....MOVE ON!!!!
He ain't worth it!! AND HE WON"T LEAVE...He will keep on having excuses why he CAN'T and prolong it!!

Good Luck and you can find BETTER!!

[Ecab,
Rating
If he's having a affair and still with her
that means that there's something keeping him there..
hes more likely to continue having the affair
the problem isn't that big, that's why he hasn't left yet.

TRIXIE
Rating
men rarely leave the spouse. high-end men that is.. division as assets, alimony, child support etc...

cheerleader!
i'm pretty sure that he just might
stay with her and keep on having an affair
especially if they have a kid

Leo
statistically? staying with the wife and continuing the affair

Savoir Faire½ Eggroll Jenkins ™
Staying with the wife and continuing the affair.

Katherin.♪
Rating
second one

brittchick414
Rating
staying with the wife and cont. the affair. i mean if it is working for him then why would he leave!

Shawn W.
Rating
statistics say that there is a 38% chance

Roko
More likely is a man cheating. He only leave if the other woman is reallllly hot to trot and/or wife s mega psycho. Once married, if no nuptials, it cost to much to leave, especially if there are kids involved, makes it hard to....yet having kids often stresses couple, so is double edged sword

Bird
If he is comfortable, there is very little chance that he will leave her. But if she suspects he is having an affair and making his life miserable, then he may leave. Also whether or not they have children is a factor and if he is in love with the mistress.

triviadude318
Rating
The second is more likely. Think of it this way, if the mistress demands that he choose, which one do you think he is likely to pick? But a lot of mistress's don't make that demand.

ivana humpalot
if he started the affair without getting a divorce first its because he wants his cake and eat it too...

rock star mommy
Rating
i think he's more likely to stay with her and continue with the affair.

because men are pigs and they do that.

X3

All Of The Good Names Were Taken
statistics show that men will continue the affair, and if they do leave their wife for the person they were having the affair with; almost all of these relationships fail

DON'T CHEAT

Jen
Staying with his wife and continuing on the affair..
It's worked so far, so why stop when he could continue to have both women and his reputation intact.

Complicated
Zip. Nada. Zilch. No, not really, but odds are so low, I'd sooner tell you to liquidate ALL your assets and spend every penny you have on the state lottery.

Rachel
Rating
I would say it is more likely for the guy to stay with his wife and work things out and continue having the affair. Because what if the other girl doesnt work out?

jude
depends on how much guilt he is feeling, and how many demands the other woman is making on him.some men will leave their wives rather than be caught and confronted or if the other woman is threatening to leave them.

Ms. L
Rating
A married man staying with his wife and continuing the affair. Married men RARELY leave their wives.

Lovely lady
Rating
Continuing to have the affair would be the logical answer because he is having his cake and eating it too. sad but true.

LaLa
Rating
The most likely thing is not listed here . . . here is the most likely outcome - he stays with the wife and leaves the mistress behind.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would you get your husband a stripper for his 30th birthday?
When we married he didn't have a bachelor party because I was pregnant and he didn't think it was fair. We are having a house party with friends and it would be a surprise. I would rather ...

My husband wont stop seeing his girlfriend,what can i do?

How old were you when you got married?
Do you think that was a good age? What is a good age? Or stage in your life to get ...

Can we marry first and fall in love later?
can people first marry and fall in love later?...

Why wont my wife stop spending money?
WE're in debt up to our elbows, but she won't stop shopping.....I don't know what to do about it....

Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?
To me the idea seems silly since most women don't even know how to change a tire or oil, so why should they get to pick out their own car? Besides, picking out a car is a man's job. S...

Question for Women?
What was more important for you when you picked your spouse: His career path or his looks?
Additional Details
Golddiggers....

How long before his stuff is mine?
hello, I finally got my ex-partner to move out of my house last year, after years of physical and mental abuse. The problem is that I still have a lot of his stuff in my house because he has no room ...

If you were cheated on... is ok to cheat on them?

Additional Details
What if you cant break up?...

My gf left me because she needs space, does she will come back to me or what can I do to get her back?
Hi,
We have a relationship of more than 10 months, recently my gf left me beacuse we where both at a lot of stress because of work and college, and we didn't had a lot of time for talk, ...

What to do?
If you caught your friend's spouse having an affair would you tell?...

Do women cheat as much as men?
I say yes because men are cheating with women....they are not cheating with goats. So yes, women are cheating as much as men and that's ok. We all have our side needs for a variety of reasons....

Should i stay with a man who has no intetion of getting married when he knows it is very important to me?
he's been married before and we have spoke about it.he got me a ring cos he said i was nagging and after i told everybody we were engaged he told them he wasn't.we have 2 children and a ...

Should the fact that she had an abortion matter?
My fiance was drunk the other night and confessed to me that she had an abortion with a prior boyfriend years ago. Should I be offended that she didn't tell me this earlier, or prior to ...

I cheated on my girlfriend and i want to marrie her should i tell her r act like it never happend?
help me ...

I have told my partner I don't want to be with him anymore but he will not move out.(I own the house)?

How can I convince my wife that I'm not having an affair with our neighbor?
Long story, but I'll try to keep it short. Last week, my neighbor Mike told me he was going to be out of town for a few days. The forecast called for snow over the weekend. He asked me if I ...

Would u lie?
~ not borrow? or
~ keep it from you significant other?

if lets say, you were to (or could) borrow -much needed- money from someone he/she disliked?

Keep in mind there are ...

Please please please help!!!!?
i know this is going to sound weird my house is a toy pit i have two kids and a 4 bedroom detached house that is coverd with toys even the garage and back garden when i talk to my wife about it she ...

I used to beat my wife but ive changed now,how can i get her to take me back?? help?
It was a few years ago when we first married for about a year,and im not proud of it and i deeply regret it but she wont take me back. I was having a very stressful time at work in those days and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links