Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

When does the heartache stop? My husband wants to separate, I love him dearly.?
Find answers to your legal question.

When does the heartache stop? My husband wants to separate, I love him dearly.?

Together 9 years. Married less than a year. 2 young kids. Things been bad for months. My husband says he doesn't know if he loves me anymore and wants to separate. Things were bad and we were both miserable and he doesn't want to go back to that. I dont want a life without him. I love him dearly. I cant sleep, eat, or function properly. He sleeps on the sofa for past month. Will be moving out shortly. When will this heartache stop. Feels like torture. He knows how I feel. We barely talk. I miss him.

Adam
Rating
You have spent the last nine years with your husband and have two beautiful children with him.You sound like a dutiful and loyal wife and hence it is understandable and natural for you to be thinking and acting the way you are.It's a very challenging time to say the least and I can totally identify with how you must feel. The symptom's you mention (sleepless,loss of appetite etc) are unfortunately quite common with this type of situation but knowing that will probably be of no comfort to you,sorry.

"when does the heartache stop? " Sorry to say but there is no easy answer to this.Since different people react in different ways to the same situation the heartache time varies.If you're anything like me (and I hope you're not) then the pain or heartache could last at least months.

As difficult as it may be you need to try and block the negative thoughts from your mind and hence gain a bit of sanity.Only when you are in a good or reasonable frame of mind will you be able to make them crucial decisions/choices you need to make for yourself and your children.I know it's easier said than done.

I do sincerely hope and pray that your husband comes to his senses and realises his responsibilities and does the right thing morally and ethically.If he doesn't realise how lucky and blessed he is to have you and the children then he needs his head testing.Wishing you all the best,take care.

*Crush* Thankyou for your extremely polite and kind comments.I wish I could say or do more to help.Wishing you (and Teresa) all the best for the future,take care.

sarah
Sadly there isn't much you can do. Let him leave, and that will be the real test of how he really feels about you.
Yes, it's hard. Believe me I know. How do you go on? You'd do anything for him to stay. But honestly, do you want him there out of pity? Wouldn't you rather him be there because he wanted to be there?
My suggestion to you is, Surround yourself with a lot of supportive people while he's gone. Start doing more for yourself. And keep a journal.

I'm sorry :(
And good luck

Sweetpea
TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT HIM!!!
IF HE DOES NOT ACCEPT THIS STATEMENT THEN PRAY ABOUT IT IF YOU ARE NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON WELL HOPE FOR THE BEST THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO YOU CANT MAKE HIM LOVE YOU AGAIN!! IF HE DECIDES TO LEAVE YOU JUST FORGET ABOUT HIM AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL MEET ANOTHER MAN!!
DO YOU AGREE?

Crush
At least he seems to have made this decision on his own. My husband has just left our family for another woman he has been with for 3 months so we are now unable to talk through any problems as his mind has been made up and anything I say is falling on deaf ears. I like you am unable to eat or sleep but am trying to keep it together for the childrens sake. I really to empathise with you and know we have to be strong for it has to get better - it couldn't get any worse at the moment.
The only comfort, if thats what you call it, is that you cannot make someone love you no matter what you do but someday there will be someone out there for you to share your life with again and you will come out of this a much stronger person. If later he does come to his senses you may even think he has done you a favour and then it will be up to him to see how horrible it is to feel like this.

Ali
I feel for you but you really need to talk to him and find out what's gone wrong he must have loved you before. Just talk and remind him of the old times. Personally I wouldn’t give up till I’ve tried everything. So I would advise you to do the same.

He might be having other problems and he might think by ending the marriage he can start a new life. A lot of men just want to run away when problems arise.

Good luck.

Ms.Harmony
Rating
I know this sounds harsh but you have to let him go. It sounds as though he has moved on good luck!

kathyw
If you are one big hurting person all the time, he's less likely to even WANT to talk to you after he move out.
He needs to still be a good dad to his kids. You need to stop depending on him for your emotional needs.
As hard as I know it must be, the best way to get through the heartache is to realize that the stronger you are as a person, the more you can stand back and see that you are both adults who didn't make a winning combination, for whatever reason, the more you can be a good mother to your kids and respected, even if not loved, by your ex.

furtled
Hi Hun, all i can say is if he really wanted out he would have gone. Me and my hubby in similar situation. Took me a while to realise that i have been suffocating him by endless questions such as where why and who with when he goes out and accusations, (no reason for and totally unfounded), just me and my insecurities not caused by him though. Just wondered if you were the same and so there lies the problem. Funny thing we have been together 22 years and married for nearly 2 when problems came to a head.

LIPPIE
I hope that people will learn from this. You have been with a man for 9 years, had two children by him, and now he wants out. It sounds like all was fine as long as he wasn't married to you, but he can't stand the thought of being tied down, and uses the excuse he doesn't know if he loves you. You may not want a life without him, but I think it would be better for you and your children to get out from under the tension and move on to a better live. If you can't talk about this, then you have nothing.

Mrs_VzQz
you guys have to talk.. and plan out ur life.... and assure him that nothing will be like the old sad days.. that were before... talk to him.......

jackie m
Rating
It hurts for a long time but before you start will you stop to consider the consequences - is the house mortgaged? if so will he still pay the mortgage and let you live in it, can he afford to pay it and rent somewhere else to live? Can he afford to pay 25% of his salary to child maintenance and pay the mortgage and rent property? At this moment he will say no problem he will do that for you and the kids? there is a lot to do if he leaves and several months down the line he will realise he cant afford it all and will then want to sell, where would you and the kids go? - Back to the pain you have, when he moves out it will be 10 times worse than what you are feeling at present and will be like that for a year or two, could you cope? in the end it will be up to you to get on with your life and move on, I went through it after 20 years of marriage and I lost my business and my home and moved to homeless property with my daughter and her 1 year old child, 12 years later I am just starting to get back to normal financially and have a new partner for the past 8 years but that is going stale. several people are telling you to try again, I wouldnt waste my time, he has made his mind uop and as you say things are bad, if you couldnt work them out before he decided to leave how can you work it out now? Good luck

Alice W
The pain will last for some time but he is just prolonging it by sleeping on the couch. Tell him to leave now because you need to heal so that you can function as a mother and a human being. Also tell him that you will not tell him that you can't live without him because you but you do not want to, but it would be better that he leaves now.

craig b
Rating
Let's face the facts.........
You have no control over another's WORDS, ACTIONS or BEHAVIOR; only your own!
If he leaves, it will prove the liar that he is! For he PROMISED that he would never do that and .............?

I have something for you. It's called DivorceCare and it's not just for divorced people. It's for all people to come to understand WHO they are in this world; inside or outside of marriage. This 13 week program will bring you tremendous understanding of relationship. Google it up and find out where it is near you and GO!
You will find out things that you have never known before. If he comes back - you will find a new way to do marriage. If he doesn't come back - you will find a new way to do marriage.
Your tears of sorrow will turn to tears of joy!
(I've seen it many, many, MANY times!)

honest girl!
Rating
You need to get it together. Its a sad situation but once you can accept the fact that he doesn't want to be with you anymore the easier it will be to move on. No man is worth losing sleep and stress over. Its clearly obvious that he has already checked out of the relationship and will go on coping a hell of alot better than you.

regjoeschmo
Rating
Is there any option for counseling?? Divorce is an ugly beast that can destroy everyone involved, it is best to prevent it when you can.

If there is no reconciliation, do not let your emotions get the better of you. Set up a shared parenting plan for the best interests of the children. Go about it by their needs, work on it positively before it become a "battle".

Children suffer the most in these situations, the benefit from parents who can be ADULTS about the divorce.

I do hope counseling is an option that can help.....

♡❤♥ℓİv€ İn Łø۷ℓ♥ღ♥♡❤
Rating
awww im sorry thats so sad [=

Super Star
You should probably confront him before he moves out and say why he feels this way. Tell him that you love him and that you will do whatever it takes to stop you from leaving.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Confused and worried about my marriage. Can't figure it out.?
My wife and I have been married for six years. During January and February things seem to be fine. We say we love each other no major problems. To be honest we have coexisted for six years. Spats ...

Should I or shouldn't I?
There is a girl that I know and have been thinking about asking out. The only thing holding me back is she come from money and I come from pennies and dimes. I'm afraid if I start dating her, ...

I filed for child support but now changed my mind what If I don't show up at the court ?
He has been stepping plus I didn't put a last name for him.
Additional Details
Dismissed will they come looking for us....

Did money have ANY influence in finding your life partner/ wife/ husband?
When you found your life partner, did money have ANY influence on if you wanted to spend the rest of your life with her/him? No, I am not talking about 'gold diggers' here, but did you take ...

True or False: Side action is ok as long as you're on a micro-break from marriage?
A micro-break means anything from 1 minute to a few hours.

I mean, you gals can take "breaks" from relationships all the time, I figure, why not micro-breaks from marriage.
<...

Men how would you feel if?
some girl (in public) is rude and yells at your girlfriend right in front of you for your girlfriends small mistake (lack of common sense or absent mindedness), would you fee embarrassed to be with ...

Why do some husbands pretend to make up and the moment you see them they have an attitude and wont speak to u?
treat men
Additional Details
I think your right R...

How can i get my husband to wear protection?
How can i get my husband to wear protection?
he says he shouldnt have to waer condoms because he is married. im waiting to get a iud put in. we already have two kids a 17mth old and a 6wks old. ...

I think that my mom is cheating on my dad....I read some of her texts messages of her having a conversation?
with one of her friends and she was talking about kissing this guy and his name was NOT my dads name
and how they have chemistry and she was nervous to meet up and stuff
I think she might ...

I think my friend is trying to brainwash me and destroy my marriage?
My friend and I go back to when I was like 13 and I'm in my twenties now. Same for my husband. She's never met my husband, ever. Because when she met my ex fiance, she ended up going out ...

Can Controlling partners get a sudden WAKE-UP call?
i dumped my controlling bf ( feeling very comfortable alone). we dated 4 yrs, he was stubborn bout his behavior. but now his gone as far as telling everyone ( family, friends) bout how he promises to ...

I was in love with a my friend for 4 yrs & had the acceptance from both the families.?
I had a elder sister who was yet to marry. I lost my father we could not find a suitable alliance for my sister and the marriage got delay. My fiance family were not happy with this delay & they ...

What does it means when a man says I feel emotions for you?
we have been dating for about 3 weeks now and spend couple of days together so today He sent me a txt and asked me how are your feelings towards me, and I said I cared more than just friends and I ...

Should I continue with a relationship where trust and respect for each other has been corrupted already?
What are the main ingredients for a marriage to work?...

Divorce. Where do I begin?
First off, I'm devastated. I am going to be filing for divorce but I have never been married before and dont know where to begin. We were happily married (so I thought). Easter was a blast, we ...

Is penetration always associated with rape?

What issues did you experience when first living together and getting married?
My Fiance and I just moved in together. We are getting married in a couple of months. I feel like lately we have been arguing a lot. Most times over nothing. It has been mostly over the wedding plans ...

What would it mean to you if your husband or boyfriend left a hairbrush on nightstand and picked an argument ?

Can sole physical custody be changed to shared custody?
Custodial parent(the mother) was recently been granted sole physical custody even though they already had it, but now it is documented in the courts.The noncustodial parent will have visitation 6 hrs ...

Don't be too quick blaming the wife please...?
I asked for help this morning concerning my husband telling me he wasn't in love with me after 26years. Let me just say that although i am 46 i look much younger. I always keep myself well and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links