Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Where do I go online for free to see if I'm still married?
Find answers to your legal question.

Where do I go online for free to see if I'm still married?

We were in Arkansas then he decided to file a divorce on me. I moved to Indiana. He stayed in Arkansas. I haven't heard or seen any papers from him. I moved to Indiana because, he left me alone with hiss's mother who I couldn't get along with and for my two boys.Not only that I had no family there. It has been almost a year now. Really need to know, because I think I'm ready to move on now.

Laura
If I never saw the papers I'd highly doubt he really filed. Although, I hired a scam artist through an ad who wasn't really an attorney... I have never seen my divorce decree from him. Had to view it down at the court house. County Clerk's usually handle this. Where he filed the divorce. If he left you to appease his mother, I'd counter file on him. My soon to be ex did that to me (mama's boy through and through) and best thing I ever did was filing the papers on him!

♥The Mrs.♥
Rating
If you have not signed papers, you are still married.

Nicky
Rating
If you haven't signed any legal documents, your not divorced. You'd know if you were.

chebrew2000
Rating
Talk to a lwayer and file your own divorce papers, that way you know for sure. Why leave it up to him if you're ready to move on? Do it yourself!

Willbewill
I think if you gave a damn you would know.

lonely and sad
Rating
You could call the city hall of where the divorce happened. I am not certain if you can view it online. There may be a small fee at the city hall, but it might be free if you just want to view it. If you know the lawyer who handled the divorce you could call them too.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would it be funnier to arrive at a bachelorete party & be served by guys dressed as French Maids or in frilly?
old bridesmaids dresses ? This would only be for the 1st hour, but they would be dolled up to the max! LOL

Or any other ideas?

I am the maid of honor and Two of the groomsmen ...

How to deal with arguing parents?
My parents spend everyday arguing over stupid things. They yell and even walk out sometimes, threatening never to come back. To make it worse, they drag me into the situation, telling me how much ...

Indian women great as....? Are they still go with indian cultural values?
daughter , wife , mother , in law , sister or girl friend ,...

I killed my parents,what should I do?
Now that I have your attention.
Well my dad is dead for 5 years.My mom had a boyfriend last 2006 and she thinks I'm so stupid that I won't know she makes up excuses and ****.
I ...

Please answer this,WHY DIVORCE OR SEPERATE EVEN AFTER VEW YEARS?
DOES IT MEAN THEY ARE NOT INLOVE AFTER BEFORE MARRIAGE?ATLIST THEY MYTH HAVE STAY TOGETHER FOR 2 YEARS MAXIMUM BEFORE MARRIAGE,THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN EACH ORTHER...

How do you know if your husband is lying? What are the tell tales signs?

Does anyone know a low income divorce lawyer in North Carolina?

Additional Details
Thanks to everyone who has responded, this is a VERY trying time for me....

Married women only. Please no children.?
What causes you to want your man? Is is the way he talkes to you? Is it sharing in chores? Taking you out to eat. Touching you? Does the sight of his bulge cause you any arousal? I know you ...

Is it possible to be friends after u were lovers?

Should a parent have to consult with the other parent if they are going to move out town?
im taking a new job and i have to listen to my soon to be ex that i can take the kids to a new town cuz it will make it harder on her to see the kids! i told her its not my problem! and the courts ...

When writing to my ex an email?
this may sound strange but just curious..anytime i write to my ex husband to his office email account he sends me an email back in black font instead of blue font in which he usually uses when ...

My husband and I make love for the first time and I feel very shy to look him in the eyes?
is it normal?
ive never look a man in the eye even normally now after we did that it feels so strange ...

When married, is it ok to talk to your ex?
Ok, this is the situation and I do not know what to do. My husband calls it childish, and I call it disrespectful. My husband added one of his ex girlfriends on his face book. He did not even ask ...

My husband gave some girl money without asking me?
To make a long story short, my husband starting talking to this girl who works at his job. First it was only instant messages then very quickly graduated to phone conversations and the like. It was ...

Help me...ex partner dilema!!!?
Me and my ex partner split up almost a year ago, we were together for 2 years he was my first serious relationship and first love. we went are seperate ways and he met a girl and was in a ...

My mom is about to be getting re-married .HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

What would you say to him?
My husband is in a funk, kind of depressed. His car keeps having one thing after another go wrong, his boss is harrassing him at work, calling him the worst operator he's ever seen. I tell him ...

Are you For or Against getting married ONLY because you are pregnant?
This is for an argumentative paper that I must write in English Comp 1. I would like to get opinions on why you are for or against it and hear stories, if you don't mind sharing, from people who ...

Do girls like weak doormat men?
That will be whipped by them?
Additional Details
i mean the guy gets ...

Please help me! I am not sure what to do? Serious Only!?
I have always felt like my kids come first and still do. I am faced with the fact that I will lose my son if I don't leave my fiance who I love. My kids come first but he is awesome as a step ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links