Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Why do married women get mad when husbands have casual friends online?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why do married women get mad when husbands have casual friends online?

why do wives get mad at their husbands for having casual online friends or likes to meet people just to learn about them

hny_rstd
Rating
I don't know why some women or men are like this...

Personally, I dont have a problem with him talking to anyone, online, at the store, club....in front of my face or not. I know he loves me and he doesn't keep who he talks to a secret....

As long as you communicate and both agree to what it going on, then there shouldn't be any problems.

rhodes727
Because it is potential for cheating

Stacey-Marie J
Rating
I don't get mad so long as that person knows my husband is married with a child and respects that fact.

paul4july
cos they think we only really interested in one thing. frankly, i think they are right most of the time!

tas
well y r husbands angry wen its vice versa?

now_follow
lol
simple
women can have men friends and keep that as that
while men cant have women mates without wanting to shag them

Engage Me
When you get too close to someone online, there is potential for hooking up offline and cheating. AND online/emotional affairs are the same as being unfaithful. As a rule, married people should not really have friends, separate from the marriage. All or at least most friendships, should be friends of the husband AND wife. And I hate to say this, but a lot of people who frequent chat rooms, supposedly "friendship" sites or dating sites etc.. and have a tendency to meet lots of people online, usually have a hidden agenda..if you know what I mean. So, while YOU may have the best intentions, you have to think about that other person and what their own agendas are..

saveit
Rating
welllll,i do because my hubby gets mad if i have a male friend, and he also believes that a man and a woman can not just be friends, that there is attraction involved on one's part. and i believe that too!

NutstersChick
Rating
because it crosses a line.
making contact, then lying about being married, establishing a casual relationship on-line with women is not exactly remaining faithful is it?
common sense would tell you
you could hurt your wifes feelings over these on-line "friends".

& from a personal point of view
& being a woman,
I WOULDN'T like it.

Stephanie
They are afraid it might lead to something else. It would definitely depend on how frequent the husband is communicating to this friend.

texaslovelyladysmiles
Well, the answer to that is very simple...are you listening? All relationships begin with conversation. Conversation leads to deeper inquiry. Interest is sparked...then before you know it you have made a connection with another human being. A wife has an investment in their mate...Baby, if you want to talk to someone talk to me...you want to talk to someone who loves you, fixes your meals...hugs you in the dark of the night when you need someone...get real ...call out to the one who loves you...let's talk.....

Ericka
There are so many people around y'all that you can make casual friends together. Why else would you want to meet/talk to women online? If it's affecting you're relationship then it's not worth it...

j t
Rating
Because casual friends sometimes lead to something else.

I am suffering badly now and I guess if men think they have their cake and also eat it ... why marry!!!!

Or maybe I should say ... faithfulness is not important for such men. In such case, their wives are not enough for them should look for women like them who also look for casual online friends.

lotteda717
Rating
I get mad when my husband comes home eats,gets in front of the computer,playing games.I can't even guess how mad I would be if he was talking to other we man.Marriages or breaking up because of casual friends meeting on line.Its the new way of picking up girls.

saralouise_uk2002
Rating
i have male friends online, and my boyfriend dont mind, as long as i dont meet up with them, and give out my number, he is happy.

ModelSmile34
Rating
becuase your wives only want to be the center of your universe. they want you to learn all there is to know about them. not turn to other women to learn their needs and wants. wether you are looking to "Just learn about them" and play around on the net, women are very jeaolus creatures. you shouldnt have married one unless u wanted that.

newromanticmum
The question is-Do your online friends know you're married-or do you keep that quiet? That's what makes the difference. I'd have no problem with my man having casual online friends,and even meeting up-as long as he was honest to them that he was involved in a relationship,and honest to me that there was nothing untoward but a casual friendship going on.

?
Because we can't trust you blithers

islandgirl06
Rating
Ah! duh!! let say that it's only an innocent casual friendship that you have, then it will go on and on till the two of you start talking about inner deep conversation. From there you will find yourself flirting with this girl,and here comes the big words "emotionally involve" but just friend. You will start having this feelings,start missing her because the two of you can talk about anything. You will start hiding things to your wife. If this is not enough for you to see what will happen,then tell us why we are not comfortable when men esp. married start chatting on line....

dark_amaranth
Rating
Such a loaded question! Because those online contacts very often grow into emotional ties, and those lead to straying and affairs where everyone gets hurt. Not saying this is always the case, it is just often the case.

ALSL
How would you feel if your wife wanted to meet men she met online? Its just kinda disrespectful. In marriage you have to come to an agreement on every thing. If it is truly just a friend you want to meet, then bring your wife with you too meet your new friend!

[x]..,JESSiiCALOOiiSE,..[x]
I think it's the fact she may think you are cheating on her. She feels upset, left out or lonely when you are online. If you just show her what you are doing next time you go online then she will have to face it that you're just talking and learning and not cheating.

luke p
Rating
OMG its soo simple...
they dont

sawNkansas
Darlin--women are so insecure--we want our man ,ALL to our selves..She doesn't know who these women are and neither do you--don't get caught in that mess..Only talk to guys and talk more to your wife. Give her a slow easy massage and you'll get all the company you want...

Kag
Jealousy and uncertainy.

If there is someone which married women does not know, it will become fear.
That fear can lead to jealousy and more depending on the trust.

It can help if the relationship was more open to both the husband and the wife.

Kc
Rating
Because nothing is never totally innocent now is it?!
If it's so, then you should be able to involve your wife shouldn't you.
I'd say though that some behaviour would tend to suggest that some married men are not happy at home and are available whatever length of time that may be for. Wouldn't you agree?
Besides, if you're not convinced, just inverse the roles and that should give you a pretty good idea of how your wife must feel!

Ellie
Cos they never stay just casual relationships- its not just a worry its a fact.

cubalishus
Because your marriage vows said Forsaking all others, you don't mess around with your marriage for a bit of fun with another woman, if that's what you want to do then get a divorce and let your wife find someone she can love and trust.

Lesli
I read the comments up here and I'll try to be succinct to the point, but it's not possible the way I want to say this. I actually had this one friend I never got a chance to know during school times, though we once went to the same tuition class, and had other similarities - that I finally introduced myself to when I recognized who she must be from a mutual friend's list on Facebook. Well, we had about 5 or 6 back and forth messages, and exchanged some stories about life's happenings as real friends like --finally after all these years. I have no doubt she was a very faithful person,...but some of her questions sounded a bit idealized about what my thoughts or dreams were, and in recollections about a faculty dinner and dance she and a friend had once hoped to get invites to when we were in neighbouring faculties at the same university. There were some exchanges about raising kids which I had no experience in. In all it was a really pleasant correspondence. Anyway, I stopped messaging and gave a flaky excuse of upcoming work commitments soon after, because I was a bit uncomfortable, with having my personal information leaked, the concept of getting permission (of a husband) to talk to a friend, and knowing that people tend to have a one-track mind. Another friend - also very faithful, has a phone number that cannot be reached except when she sends messages of greetings during new year's and christmas and easter. All of the religious sort. I just think it's rather pathetic of societies worldwide, and plays a part in the ongoing distrust of the sexes, and the imbalances in perceived dignity of the sexes. In more practical thoughts, it seems like such an imposition to open up to a chaperone you don't know just because they happen to be married and you perhaps someday met in a cafe. I think we can agree that different things shall interest different people, but once it's a group, communication gives way to social dynamics which is more jovial and just touches the surface. Which many people do like. Hence the universal popularity of bowling allies and sports bars. Just my thoughts.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you hang out in Marriage & Divorce enough to be able to name more than one regular troll?
Here's the game: when you open this question, read the names of the trolls anyone before you has written, and see if you can name one that nobody before you has said.

(If you are a ...

Should I marry the man I love right now even though I'm so young? ( read the rest)?
Even though I'm young and want to marry, I probally have the best reason why. I have an illness that's life threating, but not threating to others. My days of life will be shorter than the ...

When I was drunk I slapped my fiance' several times and made him cry. After about the 10th slap he bit me?
& pulled my hair to make me stop. Should I call the wedding off because he is abusive?...

Afraid of husband after fight?
I've been married for the last 3 years to the kindest, gentlest man I've ever known. But last week he scared me so bad that I am still afraid of him. We were leaving the grocery store when ...

Anyone's relationship is worse than mine?
He threw all my stuff out and won't let me in
He yells at me whenever he wants
He broke my camara and cellphone, flush all my cosmetics down the toilet and robbed my laptop.
He ...

Your feelings on contact from old flames when you're married?
I know some people feel differently about this subject, but I wanted some opinions. Do you think it's inappropriate for someone to contact their ex after many years when you know they're ...

Ladies how would you respond...?
You and your husband are going through A LOT (on the verge to divorce)!!! And he goes out with the kids and he bought you a sweater, a LARGE, now mind you, you are a small sometimes an extra-small ...

If your husband had a 13 year affair with ex, what would you do?
My very close friend recently discovered that her husband of 9 years (together 13 years), has been having an affair with an ex girlfriend. She found the ex's number on his phone at 3:20 a.m. and ...

My husband has cheated on me i still love hime what should i do??
I have been married for 19 years with 3 lovely children. My husband has cheated on me, the other girl is expecting his child i can't except the fact that this has happened and don't know ...

Poll for women only, what do you want your man to say to you, when he gets home tonight?

I'm married and cheat on husband frequently ,I'm no longer attracted to him,should i stay or go?
truth being he is overwieght and chronic depression and yet won't do any thing about,he is okay as long his belly is full,or asleep which is often.I
know people sleep various hours but his ...

My husband slept with another woman!?
He said he was going to go to the races but ended up at the bars took a woman to reno, NV. 4 hours away! We have been married for 9 1/2 years Dec. 23 will be 10 years we have 5 wonderful kids. 8,7,5...

What do you do when you want to end the relationship and you know you are breaking their heart?
I have been with this man for 35 years and no longer love him. I want to live on my own and I so yearn for solitude....

I found out my husband has a girlfriend.......?
we are going to try to make our marriage work out any advice?...

Lazy husband?
My husband is extremely lazy. He never helps me with house cleaning, dishes, laundry, yard, kids etc. Every time he comes home, he says hi, goes fishing, watches TV or goes to bed. Whenever I ...

My friend's boyfriend is cheating on her? Urgent help needed from all?
My girlfriend is here so she wants me to post the question here.

She fell in love with a guy and he doesn't pick her calls,answer her text messages,he does not reply her emails,does ...

Is it wrong to date a married man or women?

Have you ever had an affair with a married man?
If so, would you do it again?
Do you regret it?
Do you think it was worth it?

I had a short affair with married man than lasted only few weeks. I have regretted it ever since.

I am attracted to my hubbys friend/serious answers only?
we( my hubbys friend and me) have made mistakes before in the past and i forgave my self but still find it exciting to see him, or even to talk to him, why is this? my hubby shows me attention but i ...

IF A DEAF PERSON has to go to court, IS IT STILL CALLED A HEARING?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links