Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Why does my husband always think I'm cheating?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why does my husband always think I'm cheating?

Me and my husband are always arguing. He always accusing me of cheating on him even though i've never cheated on him. He is so worried about me talking to other guys, he thinks every guy i know is a threat. I don't know how to get these thoughts out of his head, we've been married for just a year now but he is still so jelous. In all reality I don't do anything to make him think I cheat. Why does he think like that and what can I do to make it better?

sphinxxikitten13
Tell him to shove his idea's about you cheating up his a-ss!

One thing I've learned is that if someone is constantly worried about you cheating it usually (not always) means they have cheated on you. They are worried that you know and are just waiting till the right time to retaliate.

There is nothing you will be able to do to make it "better". He is insecure about the relationship, and will only be content when you are locked up in a tower like a possession.

Next time he starts a fight, tell him that if he thinks your cheating all the time why doesn't he just leave? I bet you he won't. Then when he doesn't, tell him your not, and your also not going to deal with his BS.

Don't be scared to give him a piece of your mind. Good luck!

GisL4all
Rating
First, he is very insecure and that often causes that sort of behavior. Second, he might be a cheater or has history and does not know how to trust. Third, Is there family history of cheating (like with his parents, or maybe past girlfriends) and he has been hurt and has issue of trust. Explore these areas and maybe you'll find out the reason behind his jealousy. Then talk to him about it. Good luck.

David W
He's jealous and insecure, possibly because you're so much more socially outgoing than he is. Take a moment or two to reassure him. Hug him, kiss him on the cheek in front of others, do the "you know you're my big strong man" routine enough to calm his fears. When he lets you talk to your friends in public, come up with some suitable reward in private that will make him roar like a lion and purr like a kitten. You know what to do -- REASSURE him. Good luck.

Gina
Not to be a total let down, but my sister had this problem. The reason he may be insecure is because he is cheating. He is afraid that you will do what he is doing and find someone else. When a guy is cheating, he gets paranoid that you are too.

Wheels
Rating
He is like every other man in the world. He is very insecure. and immature.

luvmy4boyz
He is insecure about himself. He probably has low self esteem and so he assumes you will eventually cheat on him. Try to reasure him that you love him and want ONLY him. I think the best thing would be for you both to attend some counseling.

Laird C
Because he's scared, or insecure... He's afraid that he'll wake up one day and you won't be there.

Family counseling is the ultimate answer, but short term, you might try shoring-up his ego - do things to show him how you care, and do them fairly often.

Kyle W
Rating
He's probably always reading Y!A's marriage forum, where everyone is paranoid.

Tano A
he was wronged before.... there has to be a reason for jealousy issues and for it to be that strong. you just have to reassure him and if it doesn't work you should leave because it will only get worse

primalclaws1974
Rating
maybe he had a gf/wife in the past that did. My ex-wife did I was not very nice to my gfs after that for awhile.

Andromedan_Ambassador
Jealousy/insecurity.

It doesn't mean he's cheating. I don't know where that came from. If I was cheating on my wife (don't have one, but....), it would be rather illogical and hypocritical to worry about her cheating on me.

KayKay
counseling
he has issues with trust and isn't going to change without some counseling! Trust me on this one check into it TODAY!

WildRockMan
Rating
This guy needs professional counselling or he's going to wreck your marriage.

SuzyQ
Rating
Projection... do you think he could be cheating on you? People get paranoid when they're doing something wrong and think someone else is doing the same thing to them.
Hopefully that's not the case. Good luck!

Britt
Rating
Either because he is really overprotective or he is cheating on you....
..But ide go with the 1st one.. listen to the new song by Tim McGraw

doug r
Rating
.its got nothing to do with u . hes very insecure. its his way of controlling u. tell him to get help for that because its abusive behaviour.

jacalynfreeborn
Rating
Unfortunately, the accuser is usually the guilty one. He feels gilty about what he's done and wants to feel justified for it. Or he is just trying to play head games with you so you will be easier to control due to wanting to apease him.

bust it baby
Rating
either he's really insecure, or perhaps he may be the one cheating. look into it...

CableMan
Britt nailed it right, Tim Mcgraw's remake of Suspicions says it all. Your are so beautiful he is afraid of someone stealing you away.

I dont like my wife having male friends either, im sure you can say I "married up"
She knows how I feel and continues not to have any.

Brian C
He has a low self esteem of him self you need to tell him that you love him that he is your life and you are his make love to him alot and make him know that he is all that you want and you are not a cheater and you believe in your marriage vows, good luck I would also say go to family counseling

mrsjenjensen
Rating
leave him,
that will give him something to fret over..

MiaMonique
That was a huge problem my ex-husband had, his jealousy (amongst other issues). When a person is so incredibly insecure, there's nothing you can do to change them, and it's not your fault. It's horrible to live with a person like that, because you're always being accused of things you haven't even thought of ever doing.

grace
No offense but he's probably cheating on you.

pogiguy05
he has self esteem problems and he is a control freak. If he cannot change I would be careful to watch if it turns to anger and abuse towards you. dont stay if he tries to hit you.

lil B
probly not much you can do, ive been with my partner for 10 years and maybe in the past year he has stopped accusing me so much, we dont argue as much anymore either now.i hope all goes well for you, if your prepared to live like i have which is a very hard untrustworthy relationship then stay but otherwise luv get out now while u can.goodluck:)

legomymego01
That's man talk for "I'm cheating on you, so my natural reaction is to accuse you of the same". You should be asking HIM the questions, not the other way around. Guilty people always blame others! That's a fact!

Fujoshi
It prob means that he is cheating on you and looking for a way to stop feeling guilty...

He won't feel bad about HIS indescressions if you are doing the same... Then he would feel justified...

OOO K 611
Rating
He is worried because he is cheating. All men cheat.

Stephanie P
Rating
You're not going to like this answer - I have a few questions for you. Does your husband try to tell you what you can and can't wear? Does he need to know where you are at all times? Does he need to control the finances in your home? Does he discourage you from seeing your family or the friends you had before you met him?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you need to start thinking about yourself.

This kind of controlling behaviour and unjustified accusations of cheating can be the beginning of an abusive relationship. If this guy has ever laid a hand on you, get out now. If he hasn't, try to talk to him about going for marriage counselling, or see if he'll consider therapy to work out his jealousy issues.

Please, don't blame yourself - you haven't done anything wrong. His jealousy may just be a sign of his insecurity about you, but he shouldn't use that to justify attacking you. A successful and happy marriage needs trust - he needs to learn to trust you or nothing will get better.

Many serious cases of domestic abuse start out just like this - please take care of yourself.

eliza l
probably because he is cheating... men usually try to turn the tables when they are cheating..they get suspicious of you because they are doing it and think you are cheating on them...

Kimberly C
Rating
The only thing I can say is that he must be doing something, not true all the time, or he is very insecure about his self. Nothing really you can do but tell him and if he don't believe you then he has some issues of his own. Just pray about it!

Babygirl
I feel for you, I have Ben married 8 years and the past 3 years. I have Ben accused of sleeping with my father in law I would never ever do anything like that I have never even thought bout it or had any desire to I have 2 kids by my hubby they adore their grandpa and it hurts me to know my hubby feels this way it is wrong on so many levels I have explained and talked to my hubby about this and for while he stops but then turns right around and accuses again it's killing me and our marraige I love my hubby and would. Never hurt him i wished someone could help him he's tearing me apart and again it's not true I have never even gave him a reason to think this anyone have any advice on what to do

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are men playing dumb or do they truly not understand?
My husband seems to not understand just how easy it is to make me happy. Though he has tried but it just didnt seem like he puts much effort into it. He is so forgetful at times i just want to scream!...

How do I confront my husband about his cocain use?
I just got married in November 2006 and my husband and I have been having some problems. I guess the problems that any newly wed couple has. Recently I found out that my husband is using cocain, ...

How do I get my husband to get off the computer?
Ok, I've tried it all...and he still won't come to bed at night. He comes home form work and practially RUNS to the computer, and stays there until the wee hours. Then he has trouble ...

Is it a good idea to live with someone for a year before deciding on getting married?

Should i forgive my wife for cheating on my and our kids?
my wife told me more than once that she wanted me back, but she never stop seeing the other man. she has told me that she wants to work things out, because her and the kids want us together. i would ...

Im married but want to get in touch with my ex. Is that wrong?
I am married with a child. I split with my ex years ago but we parted on very bad terms. I want to get in touch again to make things right between us as I feel bad the way we left things. I cant ...

If someone offered you a millions pounds 2 sleep with ur husband or wife would you let them?

I am a handsome devil many have said so, however I feel as though my ugly wife is reflecting that ugliness on?
me, she is rich though, should I kill her and take her money or should I put up with her?...

Step-mother needs advice?
I have been married for 7 weeks now. Both our spouse past away from cancer. my new husband has 3 daughters, 11yrs, 14 yrs, 171/2 year old. I have a daughter 17, and son 21. We went to a teacher ...

Do you think being a housewife should be considered to be 'work'?
why or why not?...

Should I leave her??
I'm 30 and my wife is 45. We have been married for 11 years and have a 16 year old daughter together. Recently she stopped buying the Daily Mirror and started to buy the Guardian.

W...

Why would a husband cheat on wife after 1 year of marriage?
why does a husband cheat on his wife after 1 year of marriage?

what is the wife not doing for him? is the wife not pleasant?...

Is he crazy or is it me?
He moved out, is seeing another woman (ten months now) but he invites me to coffee and says that if I am nicer to him he may think about coming back but he has no intention of dropping the other ...

My husband was in the shower earlier and....?
I decided to strip down and join him! When I pulled back the shower curtain to get in, he just turned off the water! When I asked him why he did that, he repllied--"I'm finished!" W...

Why do women feel that they are not contributing to the household if they are a stay at home mother?
My wife took two years off of work, after we adopted two children. We worked very hard to help them get through their problems and they are doing great. However, the kids are now in the first and 2...

Where did you meet your husband/wife?

Can I start my life over at 30 years old now that my husband is leaving me?
Ok, well, another worry is that I won't have a life after this time. Right now, I am clouded with my husband telling me he wants a divorce when he gets home from Korea. So, my fears are:
W...

Why do men cheat on good looking wifes?

I'm getting a Divorce?
I'm getting a divorce , things didnt work out with my wife but she wants revenge, she said that I messed up her life and now she is gonna mess mine up, so the first thing she did was take my 2 ...

How do you relax when you want to punch your husband?
I am seven months pregnant and last night and this morning my husband really pissed me off. He left for work and I called him he was laughing when he picked up the phone and then when he heard it ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links