Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Why won't she leave my husband alone?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why won't she leave my husband alone?

This one girl, an old friend of my husband's from highschool, won't stop calling my husband? He ignores all her phone calls and then she calls from a private number after he doesn't answer. The one night I got so fed up b/c she called very late, and I said "What? he's sleeping!" And she called back left a message and said "Why is your wife answering your phone?" Finally he answered months later to see what she wanted, and she just wanted to keep their friendship. I don't think its right for married couples to have single friends b/c she only wants to hang out with him, and not get to know me. How do I get her to back off since she won't take a hint from my hubby!!??
Additional Details
Haha I like the restraining order idea. ;)

Relax Guy
Rating
She sounds nuts!!! The only thing that will work is a restraining order.

Your husband has a nut case stalker on his hands. First he needs to quit hinting and outright tell her to stop calling. If she keeps bothering him then he needs to report her to the police for phone harassment and see about getting a restraining order which if she violates will be in trouble with the law. Be careful because from what you said here this lady is not normal or reasonable.
The fact she wonders why you would answer his phone (and there is no reason you shouldnt) proves she wants you out of the picture and this isnt just about friendship).
She sounds like a mental case to me. I would run a background check on her also to see what shes been up to since he knew her. I caution you that you could be dealing with a dangerous person only because of things I heard from a man in a similar situation.

Nunya
He needs to answer and tell her directly in front of you, or possibly both of you on the phone, and tell her to stop calling and that he is not interested. Maybe she'll get the hint then. I would make sure; however, that he is not secretly talking to her at other times. I've experienced that myself and found that they were having conversations when I was not around. Good luck.

tearsofthemoon00
Change your number

I love Christmas!!!
Are you sure that your hubby hasn't been doing a little something...something????????
Seems like someone is hiding something especially when she wonders why his WIFE is answering his phone!!!
I think you need to open your eyes a little bigger!!
I think it is much more than she wanting to keep a friendship!
Maybe she has been mis-led and told that you two were not together.....I mean why else would she wonder why you had answered his phone?????????
Please don't let them play you for a fool!!!
I would start investigating!!!!!!!

Beth
HE needs to tell her that he does NOT want to be friends. If she doesn't take the hint, then switch numbers. or tell her you'll file a harassment suit.

foxfamily238
Rating
You are absolutley correct in that married couples should not have single friends that they hang out with. It is unhealthy and playing with fire. There are times when good friends that both in the marriage like, hang out with both, but not individually.

Your hubby needs to become a little more aggresive in his tactics. Kindly but firmly let her know that he appreciates the past friendship, but his marriage is his focus. Any external friendships are never close to being as important as the marriage friendship and relationship.

If she persists, then "he" not you needs to seek lawful means to keep her from calling and bothering him. Remember, your hubby needs to act, legally, you can't do much unless there are threats.

http://www.splashdesignworks.com

Keith F
If he does not want to talk with her he should change is number. There might be some other issues why he does not want to change the number. Something to think about.

zomg lol
You kick that homewrecker in her place.

me, me, and me
my personal favorite solution: tell that b**** to back of face to face. and if she wants to get smart, put her in her place! : )

Laura B
Rating
oh goodness!

what a creep! i would just tell her straight she seems very obsessive, she needs a life of her own.

if your husband still dosent want to see her, he needs to make it clear also but maybe in a nicer way, so she dosent try even harder!

good luck, hope this helps x

ldyjsmyn
I would tell him that he needs to tell her to stop calling.. and you may want to do the same.. you can also block her phone number so that she can not call.. Not sure if you realize it but what she is doing is harrassment and your husband can file charges against her if it becomes necessary.. and if all else fails.. change your phone number to non-published... you can also change a cell phone number if you explain to your phone carrier what the problem is.. Good luck..

Big Daddy!!!
Rating
you need to tell her yourself. or find out what her intentions are, you your husband agree to an outing with her. you know at a bar, or wherever it is. then you go with him to the location, check out what she is wearing, and see what she really got had planned. if she has a problem with you, then you let her know, that you and your husband are a package deal, get your own. bd

Duck!
Yeah, she sounds kinda creepy. Maybe drugs involved in her little brain? You and your husband need to talk about it and come up with a plan to do together to get the message across to her.

lollypop
Rating
Definatly change your number and don't list it.

?
Hmmm that sounds fishy to me. I think that if she is not already getting the hint with the avoiding calls and so on the only option would be to tell your husband to tell her not to call anymore. Make sure he is firm and doesn't beat around the bush about it because she seems to be the type that just doesn't get it. Have him tell her the truth, that her calling is really creating problems with you and your husband and that if she shows no interest in getting to know him as a couple, then she has no business knowing him at all.

I would honestly be a little concerned, calling all the time and esp. when she left the message saying "why is your wife answering your phone?" Why wouldn't you answer it? Have they had a past relationship? That is just strange to me. Anyways~ I wish you nothing but the best! :) Good luck! :)

imissmahboo
Rating
good luck i cant stand evil bisshes - and your right she should have tried to get to know you - or at least call and say hey this is so and so how are you hows the family - i cant stand people from the past who think they should still be all up in someones buisiness - i agree with you -

Jeff
How did she get his cell # anyway? Does he have the same number he had in High School? Maybe he has talked to her or seen her on the side at one time or another and she thinks it can happen again, or maybe he talks to her but doesn't take her calls when you're around. Either way, have him change his number and if she gets it again, you'll know that he must have given it to her unless you guys have mutual friends that give it to her.

MichiRey
Rating
Next ime she calls explain to her that she is being extremely innappropriate neither you or your husbnd are interested in having her in your lives and if she calls again you will be changing you number and file a harrassment report on her with the police.

bishop
she's fishing and you know it...don't let her get a bite
blessings and luck to you

Question Addict
Rating
This is for your husband to handle. If need be, you can be present to see what it going on, but he needs to deal with this lady. Maybe if she is not getting the hint, stop hinting, the offer up a restraining order.

N3N@
How bout you have your husband change his cell phone #? Have your husband tell her over the phone (infront of you of course) that he wants nothing to do w/ her nor needs her friendship. I bet she's also calling to be a pain in the a*s because she knows how much it's bothering you... I'd take her call, put her on speaker phone and tell her how great it is to get her phone call and hear about how well shes doing and hang up, lol... you should def. have him change his number, if it means nothing to him and he doesnt care he would change it... don't take any excuses from him either... Good luck!

Kc
I honestly think that your husband should quit dealing with her by just ignoring her, but by telling her very clearly and directly in front of you that he is simply not interested in seeing her; That he is married and intend to remain that way, so just to give you both some peace.
That'd be clear enough for everybody; Otherwise, she'll think that you're the only one having a problem with your husband seeing her, and it does put you in a difficult position should she be a bunny boiler.
What if she thinks with or without reason that your hubby could be interested in her and that you're in their way?
So, by being up front your husband protects you and gives her closure if it's what she needs.

Kasja
Your husband needs to change his number and make sure she has no way of getting it. or y'all can call and press charges against her for harassment.

I had this same situation with my husbands ex. She always called and text him. Evertime she would call or text, he would let me know. Well this one time she had texted him saying she was horny and he told me, I had him give me her number. I called, i let her know that my husband is not interested in having any type of relationship with her and that she needed to loose his number and leave him alone and she refused as a matter of fact. She told me that she has the right to do whatever she wanted, that my husband still loved her and she was going to get him back...lol.....I told her if i ever saw her, she would regret what she had told me...
Well come to find out my cousin is BEST FRIENDS with her cousin and lets just call her "july" well july had brought my husband's ex over to my cousins halloween party.
The whole time i was there she wouldn't even glance over at my husband. Well i went to the bathroom and i when i came out she was over there tryin to talk to him. I warned her. I walked over to her grabbed her by her hair and told her. " I thought i told you to stay the f*ck away from my husband." and I hit her, she called the cops but everyone there had my back and told them it didn't happen.
Safe to say she never texted him, called him, has not spoken a word to him since.
Of course i'm not saying to beat the sh*t out of her. That is not the way to go and it doesn't fix anything, just change your numbers and if you think it's worth it then file a harassment charge against her.

good luck!

Bubbles
Rating
I wouldn't think too much of it since your husband is obviously on your side of this ordeal. He has ignored her and done all he can do. He is faithful and honest with you and thats wonderful! He respects you as a wife and your marriage. A lot of people miss out on that. One option is you could get his number changed so that she can't call back. Other than that just continue to ignore her calls. You were right in answering his phone. You are a couple and have a right to answer it when he's not available. Don't worry. Your husband is doing what he should do. Best of luck!

notyochic
it is important for everyone to have friends but she was very disrespectful and maybe she wanted to have more than just a friendship with your husband in fact i know she did and if i were you i would be wondering why she thought she could call him at all hours of the night!!!hmmmn that is interesting!

tim
Rating
Ask your husband to grow some balls. She was his friend not yours. Responsibility is on him to stop it, not you.

♂♥♀Lesley♂♥♀
i would just change the number, if she gets it somehow, make the cell phone company block any unknown numbers and also her phone #.

and if that dosent work, restraining order can help.

love_inc2000
Rating
If your 'hubby' had a spine he would end this.

Heidi
Baff her if you see her....my husband is to sweet he helped this friends girlfriend once and now she callee his when ever she has a problem...whether it's boyfriend or financial ..I'm sooo feed up .this is causing a big problem..and I am ready to barf her big time...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would you still be happy witrh your partner if they got REALLY FAT!?

I put some red hot cayenne pepper powder in my wife's personal lubricant... ?
I know for sure she is cheating on me... because I found a conndom and a ky bottle in her purse plus she has been getting some phone calls late at night... So I did this... to get back at both of ...

Too stay married or not?
i need help! approx. 4 months ago my wife left with our kids. the only problems we were having at the time were money related. i fixed all those problems and asked her to come home. she said she ...

Im in love with my daughters husband help!!!?

Why can't my 13 yr old step-daughter just get over the fact that her parents aren't together anymore?
Kevin and I have been together for 18 months now and he's just a one in a million guy.Before me he was married to and had a daughter with a woman he divorced because she cheated on him.The ...

A friend of a friend told me that his colleague had a one night fling with a married woman..my question is..?
what would prompt a woman, while away on say a convention, to toss her marriage vows out the window, for a romp in the sheets with someone else? What ever happened to fidelity? I think there are ...

Realistically, how many times should a wife forgive her husband (and not leave him) if he hits her?

My Husband Doesn't Like My Hobby?
In the evening I like to do all types of needlecraft while we watch tv together. I don't like tv or movies, but he does. He complains to me that when I do my needlecraft he feels old, like we&#...

My boyfriend and I of about a month are getting married tommaorw, what do you think?
I honestly don't know what to think, I'm just letting myself free fall for him and I think he really seems like a nice great guy....

How do I ask my Husband to let me watch?
How do ask my Husband to allow me to watch him with someone else? I just want to watch...sorry :-) I know it's weird....

My Friend Says Her Future Husband *Must* Be Wealthy!?!?
I was talking with a good friend of mine about what she wants in her future husband (compared to what I want in my future wife) and of course we talked about the fundamentals of love, devotion, and ...

What would you do if your partner of 5years(still married) txt his wife on new year eve n said i still love u?

My husband told me to die slow?
I am currently living with my mom because my husband and I are split up. Well the other day I kindly asked him if he could bring over some milk for our 2 year old daughter and basically he just went ...

Just come home and my husband?
has let are 3yr old take every bloody toy out his playroom ,when he is ment to be in bed , i only went for the shopping ive been gone 40 mins and the place looks like a bomb has hit it , and yet ...

I have been sleeping with my brothers wife for almost a year now?
she keeps saying she will leave him but never does...i love my brother but i love her too...i know she will be happier with me and he is mature enough to move on from it but how can i get what i want ...

Why do so so many people answer a question with a question?

When a man leaves for his mistress, does it usually last?
My husband met another woman while we were married. He was seeing her for about 2 weeks when I found out about it. He promised this girl they would be together just as soon as he could get away from ...

Does age really matters?
I'll be 32 next month and my girlfriend is 19. We have been together for two years and I am thinking of taking this relationship to the next step. We have talked about this 13 years gap but she ...

What are the major issue of marriage?

Pregnant by married man, need his help finacially he says no, am I wrong to expect help from him?
He wants nothing to do with me or our child. He wanted me to abort the child. He wants me to respect his family and his life. I don't want to hurt him or his family, but I need his help. I didn&#...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, September 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links