Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

Will the hurt and pain of being cheated on ever go away?
Find answers to your legal question.

Will the hurt and pain of being cheated on ever go away?

Why is it that the person who has hurt me,is the one I need a hug off?

Wendy P
yes, after a while the pain will fade away, and you'll start seeing things more clearly. Then...it's time for the anger to start kicking in...but don't worry..that will go away as well...Good Luck!

sandy25527
I'm in my early 40s and I thought the pain would go away from when I was in my 30s. It didn't, unfortunately, but I tried. It didn't because I couldn't ever trust him anymore. Thankfully, after 9-years, I finally dumped "him", and later on, I found someone who is trustworthy. Also, I prayed a lot. Through prayer and a trustworthy boyfriend, the pain went away.

upallnight
Rating
yes, when you find someone better and wonder what you ever saw in him

sauteed zucchini
Rating
it's always like this. if you give someone else a chance & you fall in love w/ that person, you'll let go of that anger w/ the ex.

sharon r
Time cures everything Honey, you'll find other (better) hugs off someone who's worthy of you. If someone cheats on you and hurts you why would you want a hug off them? Find someone else huggable. There are loads of them.

jude
the hurt will never go away if u still have thoughts of being with this person, or expecting him to return and be sorry. the worst thing u could do is be around someone who hurt u, as the potential for it happening again is good. u want to get away and distance yourself from someone who has hurt u. why prolong the hurt and pain, by expecting anything more from the person who has hurt u. the hurt and pain does get easier but not if u are always thinking about them, or wanting them back.

Monet
It'll get better, it may take a year. If you can work it out than forgive him. If you can't you should move on. I know that guys who cheat always cheat.

Lala
I hate the feeling, it's horrible.
It will go away. It takes time for some people, for others it goes away quickly.

Just keep reminding yourself that any person who hurts you can't be someone that you can be with.

You need your close friends to help. Close friends know how to make you feel better, because they know if you want to talk about it or if you want to take your mind off of it.

Oh yeah, and go rent a Disney movie- they always cheer me up =P xx

Bert
It will go away faster if you want to heal spiritually......Jesus knows all about betrayal, and knows how u feel, and wants to help u....all u have to do is invite him to come into ur heart....may God hold u in the palm of his hand....

dedeshry1
No, the hurt and pain doesn't go away.. what it DOES do is matter less to you..especially if you've moved on, if you haven't, consider the fact that youare doing this to yourself by not moving on...put half as much love into being nice to yourself as you are thinking about someone who would do this to you, and you'll find it's easier to get over.

Shirl
Been there. Things do get better as long as you don't let it eat away at you. Just go day by day.

The simple things in life
Rating
It does go away in time and you do move on but I know exactly how you feel. I've been cheated on and abused by several partners in the past. Simply because I am far too kind, caring and trusting for my own good. I never learn and get taken for an idiot.

It will feel better in the end. Chin up.

M xx

S K
Rating
I've been there. It still hasn't gone away for me after 14 years.

whtmt501
yes the pain will turn into anger, i know this from my own experince then the anger will turn you away from you caring so much for this person..
you will find somone else to fall in love with ,sometimes love is just around the corner and sometimes if you just look around for a few minutes you will see there is someone else waiting for you.
you will get threw this..i also am at the anger stage right now.
but there is love around the corner waiting..

MACRENE PADASDAO
if the wound is fresh the pain is still there.as time goes by the wound will finally healed and you can only see a scar.be strong and take the courage to move on.Behind the clouds the sun is still shining.memory may always keep coming back but let those bygone days be bygone.the only thing you could do is to treasure those moments when you were together.time will passed.who knows you will find someone who is woth loving than him.a person you could trust.give yourself the second chance to love and be loved.there's no harm in trying...you better take care of yourself it's not the end of the world.you're not the only person whose been cheated by their loved ones.there's someone out there who still cares for you...your family..your friends whom you can still lean on...

bex_31
its easier to forgive than it is to forget, the pain lessens with time but you will never truely 'forget' as its been done by someone you love

Bridget F
Oh my dear I know how this feels. It's natural to turn to your partner for comfort even when they are the one hurting you, especially if you feel embarrassed by what's happened. Don't be. It's not your fault. Good, kind, clever people sometimes do bad, cruel and stupid things.

You need a friend, mother, sister someone to confide in and give you that hug. Someone who is non-judgemental and caring.

Infidelity is like a bereavement with added rejection thrown in, so it is really tough. But by talking about it you will help the healing. I have been through it and so have many others and you will get over it. The hurt does come back sometimes when I'm feeling low but it can make you work harder at future relationships which is a good thing. I've now been married happily for years to my second husband and we have a much better relationship than I ever had with my first, unfaithful, husband.

Good luck. And have a virtual hug from me!

Crocus Behemoth
Rating
No ... next question

Cyborg Farmer
Oh yes it does. Time heals all wounds. Give it few weeks maybe a month and it will all go away. And if you meet someone else don't be afraid of getting involved because you think that they'll cheat on you too. Fear is no way to live.

Kate
Rating
It hurts like hell. The pain is always intense and because you are used to looking for your loved one to help, it is double the pain. That's why friends are so important. Hug a friend.

death upon you
Rating
It will never go away, and you will never be able to trust again. Move on.

Pretti Poodle
It'll go away... You'll get cheated on plenty more times in the future. Live and learn.

Dat Dream Boy
aww yes it will ! as time goes on you slowly heal i might be ruff at first but it something that u can over come

southernstranger2000
not if you keep dwelling on it. either forgive and forget and move on with your life or seperate but get out of the self pity mode

Wondering
Rating
Its going to take allot of time.Your trust was broken and your emotional connection to this person was stepped on and squashed in the dirt.This alone is enough to make anyone miserable for along time.It will help to talk to friends and family and to be around people during this time.Keep active and try not to think about the past.Remove any old photos that remind you of the person and stay away from mutual friends or places the 2 of you used to visit.All this helps but its still hard sometimes.

olderbutwiser
Rating
I wouldn't want a cheaters arms hugging me, or anywhere around me if I were you. His arms have been hugging someone else......don't bring that second- hand junk in to me!! The pain WILL go away, but it will take a while to happen.

edh1414
I read this poem in a book and now i think u should here it.
" I keep looking in all the places where u r suppose to be,But i never seem 2 find u and u are all i long 2 see. I just can't seem 2 understand what it was that changed ur mind,All this time i thought i knew you when really i was blind. But know that i donot hate u and u know i never will because i cared about u then and i care about u still. Even though u hurt me i cant seem 2 let u go but i will go on without u and i want 2 make sure u know. It will take some time 2 mend the damage that youve done,But broken hearts do heal thats where strength comes from. For now the tears may be falling and my thoughts keep circling to you, but things will get better IF YOU HAVE HOPE,THEN THEY ALWAYS DO."

I hope u listen 2 what that poems saying because you don't need a man in ur life 2 be happy thats what friends are for

tmweber
no - its been 4 years for me.

Certain words or phrases still trigger panic attacks and memories. And my hubby has told me (ever since it happened) where his going and what time he will be home and very detailed on everything he does while he is gone.

shellysnapz
Rating
yes...time is of the essence...you'll wonder what all the fuss was about in a year....have a great new year, dont take a hug off that person....they won't mean it....get hugs from people who love you

gifted2006
Rating
Time may heal all, but you'll always have an empty feeling . . . why it happened, was it me, if I did this/that/the other thing differently would we still be together & it not happen.

Yes, time will heal but somethings will rip it wide open again even years from now.

Use it as a learning experience, a growth experience . . .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would it be wrong of me to sleep with my ex wife,?
ive come around to the idea of my wife not loving me anymore but im not goin to just go out and find someone straight away cos i think it doesnt have much of a meaning if i did that to the marriage ...

Does girls like older, equal or younger guys to their age and WHY????
i mean, if some girl is looking and want to get married, will she prefer older, equal of younger than the age of the girl looking......

Can you ever really trust someone whos cheated on you and should you?

I am so enamoured by a girl at work. Do I tell my wife?

How old should you be to get married?
how young is to young too get married?...

Why so many wimmin's libbers on answers?
Why when i come on answers with a genuine question about my wife who has let herself go and has no respect for herself do i get a load of abuse? I still love her and care for her but she has no ...

Kids- are they worth it? PARENTS ONLY PLZ?
Been married 7 years, I'm 32 and he's 37. We're thinking about getting pregnant. We have a home and can financially support a child, but we really enjoy our freedom. Are kids TRULY ...

If you ask someone if they're married, and they say "sort of", what would you think that means?
How can you be "sort of" married?
Additional Details
Why thank you Hannah, that clears that up!
But no, seriously, it was an online contact who knows that I am married, ...

What should i do now?
i signed a contract with my parents that i wouldnt abuse drugs....i am 15 and use to be addicted to all different drugs but i stopped a few months ago....now i have started doing all the same drugs ...

My wife said she would have a threesome with me and then changed her mind. What should I do.?

My boyfriend hates me?
he hates me, i hate him....but we stay together....why? i think bc we've been together 5 years we are afraid of being without each other, but we arent happy now...any advice on how i can move on ...

What would you do if the person you are having an affair with decided to end their marriage to be with you but
you never wanted that to happen?...

Will u wait till the holidays is over to confront your cheating (again) husband?
I filed for divorce n the notice reach him 2 mths ago. He ask me to consider for the kids sake saying the affair is over. He put a password on his phone (that's how I discovered -from his sms) , ...

Do you think failing to pay child support for years is a form of neglect?
If a parent caring for a child fails to provide shelter, food, and other living expenses that child will be taken; yet if the parent owing support fails to support that child INTENTIONALLY its okay ...

"wtf" what does this mean? anyone?
who ever wrote wt explain to me what this means...I am ...

What do you think of me?
I was married for 12 years and I have two small boys 7&9. About 3 years ago I developed a gambling addiction and spent nearly 40k on our credit cards. My husband had no idea because I paid the ...

What would you women do if you saw your husband crying?

What would make a man want to cheat on their wives?
To be more specific, what would the wife be doing wrong or not, for a man to want to cheat?...

Knowing what you know now about your spouse, would you marry them all over again???

I've recently found a new girl behind my wifes back any tips on how to get away with paying her child support

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links