Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Anyone have a hard time applying for Air Force OTS?
Find answers to your legal question.

Anyone have a hard time applying for Air Force OTS?

I'm trying to get into Officer Training School for the Air Force. I've been at it for about 5 months now, talking to all the recruiters within the three neighboring counties I live in (south florida). I've exhausted all possible new points of contact in my area. The recruiters I speak to all basically tell me they wont help me - they are after basic enlistment recruits, not officers. However, they are the only channel I know through which I can go.

I managed to get one recruiter to email me a copy of the application (from what I can tell it seems to be the right thing) but she is telling me I need to score a 90 on the practice ASVAB test in order to be eligible to even take the AFOQT. Which I don't believe is true.

Has anyone ever heard of needing to take a practice asvab test inorder to take the AFOQT? why wouldn't they just make you take a practice AFOQT instead? makes more sense.. Is there a way I can apply without going through a local recruiter at all? I'd rather just read up on the process and do it myself if possible.

Juan G
Rating
You don't need the ASVAB, just the AFOQT. And go to the library and get the study guide. You only have two shots at taking it.

I suggest going to www.airforce.com and chatting with an online advisor or fill out the contact form.

Jacqueline
Maybe instead of the enlisted recruiters, you could try the ROTC officers in your area and they could help you get in touch with an officer recruiter. Worth a shot.

Lori
Rating
My mom had a problem like this with one of my sisters. She called the pentagon, talked to some general and the problem was fixed the next day. High ranks do not want to hear about problems with their lower ranks, they tend to fix them fast to get rid of them. Call and talk to the public affiars people, they will direct you. Be honest, and do not take no for an answer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is this a good movie?
Three guys made this movie in one quarter, what do you think?

Watch the movie "Tapped"

http://www.youtube.com/w Details
http:...

VETERANS AFFAIRS - SPREADING HIV'S 2?
This news story came from Chattanooga, Tenn. and is being play down by everyone connected to the VA. So far its said to be three veterans, if you believe them. I do not
believe one word, more ...

21 Gun Salute?,,,,,,,,,?
Ive always wondered and cant find a clear answer on google :D

why do they shoot at the ceremony?...

What are military balls like?
MEMORIESSS... ALL ALONE IN THE MOONLIIIGHT......

Prior Service marine to Active Army Where will i Be stationed? What should I know?
I haven't gone to MEPS yet but i'm hoping for the 68W MOS and to be stationed at Fort hood What is the precentage that this will happen? Is there any way I can make this happen I was told ...

Do tasers work on zombies?
OK, I've got my shotgun and my machete, but I wonder about tasers. Will they stop the undead?...

Whats the hardest part of boot camp at fort knox?
the hardest part?...

How is life once you become a Special Ops soldier?
Do you have time to do other things besides train and be deployed?
Is there time for entertainment?...

Basic training physically fit?
How fit do you have to be to pass basic training? I have choosen to join the military but the only thing holding me back is the fear that i might fail basic do to the extra pounds i have aquired over ...

When merchant navy application form noticefied?

When you are trying to follow the Geneva conventions, do you ask yourself "What would the US Military do"?

How hard can you punch a guy right in his navel without missing at all?
Usually that spot is too tiny to have both power and accuracy at the same time (either the blow is extremely strong but way off target or bull's eye but with almost no impact)....

What are the 2 types of "OTH" dicharge from the millitary? and, can you still get rated from the VA with a OTH?

How easy (or hard) is it to go green and gold? My husband is e-5 with little college.?
Have you or your spouse went green and gold? Do they put him in the reserves to finish up school while pursuing this?...

My boyriend is looking into the army reserve what does it intall?
Do you go to war or anything like that and what are the beniefts?...

I want to join the army but im to younge what can i do?
im 11years old and i Live in england,Birmingham and im to Young to join army ...

Where to buy BDU's w/ nametapes?
Does anybody know where I can buy BDU's that also sell and sew nametapes onto the uniform?...

Has their been any instances where the army has backed up law enforcements?
For example, during riots, are some states or countrys obligated to call troops in to help them....

Nazi military shot soldiers who refused to follow orders, so why did we prosecute German soldiers after WWII?

What do you have to do to a dog handler in the army ?
10 markes eachhhhh !!!!!!!!...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links