Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Are there U.S soldiers in Korea?
Find answers to your legal question.

Are there U.S soldiers in Korea?

Are there U.S soldiers in Korea? If yes, what are they doing there?

(=Future Soldier=)
my friends brother has been stationed in south korea since january.

green1foru
Rating
yes, we have two military bases in SOUTH Korea, not NORTH Korea. South Korea is our Allies and after the Korean war, we have an aggreement with the Sounth Korean government to provide military support against the still aggressive North Korea.

Archangel
Rating
Yes...we have about 28,000 troops there from all services and for "dulcrayon", they are not there totally at our expense. The Korean government foots a large portion of the bill for us being there. In fact, nearly 33% of the DoD's salaries are paid by the Korean government as well as all buildings that were not paid for by AAFES or MWR as well as maintaining infrastructure on all the bases. We pay utilities and contents. I know because I was SORTS monitor there and know where all the money comes from to support us there. Also, to the ranger, there are more than 2 bases. The biggest are Yongsan, Osan, Camp Humphries, and Kunsan. There is also Chinahae (navy), Camp Walker, Camp Eagle, Camp Howze and Camp Casey. Camp Bonifas is where our troops are that are right on the DMZ. There are some more smaller posts, but we are all over South Korea. You ever wonder why the Koreans there act like those bases are theirs? It's because they paid for them; not us. We are guests in their country to act like a smoke detector for the North Koreans. We have been there since 1945 (before the war) and will be there until the South Koreans tell us to leave.

HisRideOrDie
Yes, Definitely. There are TONS of soldiers in Korea, including my husband. :)

anon
In South Korea (Republic of Korea). The Korean War has not officially ended--there is only a "temporary" cease-fire (that has lasted over 50 years), but no peace treaty (yet). The U.S. Servicemembers are there as guests of the Korean government. If the Korean government wanted us out, then we'd have to leave. As long as there are still people around that remember the Korean War, I doubt that the US Servicemembers will be asked to leave. When all those people die out, and the only people left are the ones who remember only the post-war economic booms, then, who knows...

I've been stationed twice in Korea...and if my son was not autistic and could be medically cleared to go, I would have gotten a command sponsorship and brought my family and stayed until they told us we could no longer extend.

TedEx
,about 37,500. They are there to act as a deterrent to North Korea invading south Korea. Remember, the Korean War never really ended. An armistice was agreed upon, but this war, oficially, never ended.

Captain Falcon
Yeah mostly by the DMZ, were keeping guard in case North Korea goes apesh*t again and tries to invade the south. Since we technically had a peace treaty with them so its just been a really long cease fire.

David89
Rating
yes there are still stationed there since the korean war to help maintain stability between the south and the north. btw the north is retarded :)

Jason M
Rating
yes we are. From the DMZ to the bottom of the country. Technically the North and South are still at war with one another. There was a cease fire signed but there was never a peace treaty to stop the war. Our country made a commitment to help out an ally and help provide a deterrent to the North coming back down through.

John
South Korea only. They protect the DMZ. Manning lookout towers and watching minefields. They have been there since the 50's to help protect south korea and our interests in the area.

lemontreesg
about 20,000 troops i think they reduced it some now

*my bad its around 35,000 troops

~~~~
yes!!!

MUJ_AFGHAN
Rating
i heard there was

bkingshott
Rating
Here is the answer broken down by forces.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_Korea

naveen
Rating
Yes, there are U.S soldiers in South Korea trying to contain the communist regime in North Korea.

There - Take That
Rating
Yes, there are soldiers in S. Korea. My nephew was there for 18 months.

ckamk1995
Of course.

They are doing there what they would do here. Train, live, travel, train some more and work.

Matt
Rating
Only in South Korea

THEAmericanPatriot
U.S. soldiers are in Korea to give support to the South Koreans from the NORTH KOREAN LOW LIFE SCUM who want to take over South Korea and enslave them, just like they have the North Korean people.

bennymagik
There is roughly 25,000 American troops in South Korea. Though they are meant to help "defend" South Korea from a possible North Korean invasion, that's actually not the real purpose. The REAL purpose of the US having troops in South Korea is so once American soldiers are attacked by the North Koreans, the US will be dragged into the war.

TripleNickel14
There has been speculation that there is Special Operations Forces whether American or not??? in country. There is most likely Agency Spooks there doing some "work" and other allied Intel agencies, there is people everywhere it wouldnt suprise me.

John
Rating
Yea there are joint American + South Korean forces watching the DMZ, trying to make sure North Korea does not try to invade South Korea any time soon, which would be bad for obvious reasons.

russ_in_mo
Rating
Yes, there are US soldiers in South Korea. What are they doing there? Generally, in my experience watching them, they're getting drunk and causing trouble.

This link below, while old, sums up the situation and the feelings of the South Koreans towards Americans, and it isn't helped by the fact the South Koreans have to pay the majority of the costs (~75% IIRC) of having the Americans there. http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/us-army.htm

Marine5
There are Thousands of them...
We (UN) and the South are still at War
with the North...
There was just a Truce signed...
There was NO Armistice signed so
the War still goes on...

Tsunami
there are many things you do not know of coarse they are military there. they are protecting us. they are in south korea and we have several bases there and when the stupid north does something stupid we are on it alerts and the entire 9 yards. its very sad but we have to be there and they are always talking about nuclear and they are nuts so that is why we have to waitch them. where have you been that you dont' know this? we have alot of scret stuff there.

Mrs G
Rating
Yes, tons. They are stepping up troops and family members over the next few years.

What they do depends on their MOS and where they are stationed.

I am here and will be here for the next 2 years.

Jack B
飛孖爾後岀

dulcrayon
Rating
yes, in South Korea-since 1952-good question. protecting South Korea from North Korea-AT OUR EXPENSE!! I think if they want our protection, then they should foot the bill, not us.

Jimmy Krumpets
Rating
I think that there might be a few stationed on the DMZ watching the border but i could be wrong.

happy camper
Rating
there are in southern off the coast for in case north does anything to upset the border just there for back-up

Ashleyyy
Rating
There are U.S. soldiers all over the world. After all, we are in control of the world.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My kid was told that the British would be speaking German if it was not for the US in World War two.....true?
true or ...

Should I slap this Marine up the side of the head?
He states he is all for the war. How can anyone be so crazy as to believe in a war we can't win. All people with half a brain knows we will not and can not win in Iraq. I'm thinking about ...

Which do you prefer: The Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps or National Guard?
and why??? would you join?
Additional Details
I won't join to any but if I had to I would join to the Air Force, I have a weird obsesion with flying, lol. But I think those guys ...

Have you ever seen a more disciplined looking army than North Korea's army?

Why does anyone support the troops when it really means supporting murder, and destroying intelligent thought.
Whenever anyone gives a comprehensive analysis of the American war machine and the profiteering policies of the US government they are unpatriotic.
When a person speaks of the falsified ...

What is the best military in the world?

I am asking for the last time : will the usa please leave those poor iraqis alone???

Additional Details
i played around with the charade....whoa, jessi is a fine girl and i wanna make her mine..... {points to who the singer is}...

Should there be a military draft in USA? Why?
I'm doing a research project on military draft in school. My topic is that should USA citizens be required to spend 2 years in the military. Why or why not?
Additional Details
Also, ...

What are we fighting for in Iraq? Why are American's spilling their blood?
What are we fighting for, and if we win what do we get?
If you think about it we dont stand a chance....

Would you support a draft?

God bless America and our military. Who's with me???

Is anyone concerned with all the military men that go to strip clubs?
And the wives that let them do it? I knwo its their business, but I can't believe these wives, think their men are not cheating on them, liek when they go to war, the men are not on "My S...

What Do You Think of Cindy Sheehan??
What is your opinion of Cindy Sheehan? I think that she is a wacked out person who has no clue what she is talking about and just wants to get at Bush for something that was not his fault. She is ...

Does anyone favor the War in Iraq?

What Allied Country Won WWII for the Allies?
Russia?
USA?
UK?
China?
Any country you can think of that fought on the Allies side in the Second World War.
Additional Details
Dan D., I live in the USA, I believe ...

Im a 32yold female thinking about joining the army any help you can provide?
i want to know if im to old and im about 30 pounds overweight i never finished high school either but allways wanted to join i have a 15 year old kid and i want to join if anyone has any insite on ...

If my husband would enlist in the military what are the chances he would go to war?
My husband is age 33 and was in ROTC in 1995, given a full-ride scholarship and ultimately turned it down. He is now thinking of enlisting again. We have four children under age five and I want to ...

Do you think Iraq is better off after US occupation?

Additional Details
Give me your reasons please....

What was known as a doodlebug during the second world war.?
i believe it was some kind of munition....

Where did Hitler get all his money from?
Hitler built up a massive war machine and intended to take over the world.
When he came to power germany's economy was in a very poor state.
he didnt/couldn't put up taxes to fund ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links