Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Can i become a geo bachelor if my husband moves back home?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i become a geo bachelor if my husband moves back home?

if my husband moves back home from my current duty station can i become a geo bachelor. i can live on the ship for about the next 4 months but then it is going to the yards. is this possible?

Mrsjvb
it is frowned upon. The Navy doesn't permit it any more..and if they stick all the singles in Barracks you could NOT live in the barracks and still collect BAH. and if they do a Berthing Barge well there may or may not be room for you.

also NO family sep is authorized.

jeeper_peeper321
No, Geo bachelor is a specific personal rating

When you are assigned to a duty station where your spouse cannot join you.

Then you are authorized government quarters and BAH for your spouse at your spouses location at the same time.

If your spouse is allowed to join you, then by definition, you cannot be a geo bachelor.

So you will be paid BASH based on your assigned base, not where your spouse lives.

And you are not eligible for government quarters, although you command may allow you to live in the barracks if there is room.

But your command does not have to allow you to live in the barracks.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Fast promoting jobs in the navy?
what are some fast promoting enlisted jobs in the navy?...

Is a soldier who kills enemy`s with hate in his heart no better than a murderer?
In my opinion such a person is a war criminal, not a soldier anymore.
Additional Details
Max: I know what i am talking about, why dont you just shut your mouth ...

Navy need information about Information System Technician (IT)!?
Currently I'm in the SECF program but my recruiter has me in for a rate change for CTN. Yesterday he tells me they have an opening in IT and was wondering if I wanted it. He also mentions that ...

Makeing the Marine Corps a career?
Im planning on staying in 20+ and ill be retired at the age of 40....

For military wives? While your hubby is away?
OK, so my fiance/common law husband is away right now with the military. I currently just finished my University and have been writing exams for the last few weeks. This is the first time we have ...

This time I got a 47 on my afqt?
Right now I am currently getting into the army or trying to. I dont have a high school diploma or a GED so I am looking towards the education program where the army helps you get the GED. The first ...

Can I reenlist in the Navy; it's been nearly 8 years since I last served in the military?
Can I reenlist in the Navy; it's been nearly 8 years since I last served in the military?...

How to become a Air Force Pilot?
I'm a sophomore in high school.
I was told to enlist when im old enough, and as i get a degree from CCAF, i should stay good and apply for air force academy .

but what should my ...

What is antrax???????????

Are u allowed to have a cell phone in basic training in the air force?

Indian air-force can fly the fighter jets to newyork-london and such cities?

Area info, ft. knox, kentucky...?
well my husband and i and out 3 kids are getting stationed at ft. knox, ky so i was just wondering about the area and the attractions...haunted places...good areas to live in...elementary schools......

So as the taliban been flushed out of iraq and spread to afghanistan and pakistan?
Additional Details
ahhh im probably thinking of al-queda lol however taliban seem to be gaining control in pakistan i just hope they dont get there hands on nucler warheads i wouldnt ...

Navy, Airforce, or Coastguard?
I am looking to do one of the three (reserves) if i happen to join the military, that way i can still lead the civilain life, stay close to school/home. which is the best one to choose, and why???...

If i join the coast guard in massachusetts will i get stationed there?
If i join the coast guard in massachusetts, will i get stationed there? because there is a pretty big base here... or is it completly random?

also, are CG benefits the same as other ...

Help with on-base housing application...?
ok so i got more questions now...my husband finally got his orders and we need to report to ft. knox, kentucky in june and he wants me to fill out the housing app. so by the time we get there the ...

Back during the russian revolution could you be killed for saying your agaisnt stalinsim or charged?

How long is the discharge process if the person is in basic training and is getting a mental discharge?
My future husband is in basic training at Fort Jackson, Columbia. He is having many difficulties and is being considered for a mental discharge. How long could this process take?...

Call Of Duty 5, World At War.?
Ok so its getting very very annoying when people shoot me while they are reloading! Does anyone know how to do this? And could you tell me. T...

Where do UN get their troops?
where does the united nations get their armies? do the members contribute their troops? is it effective?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links